• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Late4Ren

Late4Ren

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 08:29 AM

Hello, is mystery wing good for warlock? And is it better than fairy of eden?

When I use mystery wing, the cast time is slower than fairy of eden but im not sure why

#2 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 October 2023 - 05:11 PM

your cast time has a part called variable cast time and that is affected by int and dex, which mystery wing doesn't have

#3 Late4Ren

Late4Ren

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2023 - 06:37 PM

I see, so the +10 int and dex is affecting the cast time by that much? is it better to use fairy of eden over mystery wing then?

#4 3096230415192656890

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 October 2023 - 12:31 AM

Yeah, it's better to use Fairy of Eden. The Variable Cast time Sweetspot is Dex*2 + Int = 530, at which point Variable cast time is negated. This is especially important for Comet which has a monstrous 10s base VCT, so any loss of int or dex can be felt, let alone the loss of 30 (or even 70) to the above formula.

In addition, plenty of high MATK gears like Kardui Ears and Floating Ball demand heavy investment into Dex in order to reap the MATK bonuses. This makes them fundamentally incompatible with the 600 Base Stat bonus of Mystery Wing.

This also means that if you're maximizing damage on your gears, Mystery Wing will only provide a 25% Matk Bonus offensively, while a +12 FOE will provide 24% MATK Bonus.

Combined with the loss of 10 int and 10 dex, as well as both the loss of the knockback immunity on wings and the possible Veritas Combo for 40 int, there's really very little reason to use Mystery Wing over Fairy of Eden for Warlocks. You won't even be physically attacking often enough to benefit from the defensive Perfect Dodge +95 proc rate.

The upcoming 0.34% OCP item, Divine Phoenix is a more complex debate, sharing FOE's +10 to all stats, and with Divine Phoenix being the clear offensive winner [Divine Phoenix +9 with a Purple Pitaya Card (27% neutral magic damage bonus) is already a 10% increase in overall damage against a +14 FOE (w/ 42% neutral magic damage)] while losing FOE's strong defensive stats and the potential veritas combo. 

#5 Late4Ren

Late4Ren

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2023 - 07:15 AM

Wow awesome, thanks for the detailed info -really helps clear the confusion I had when using the mystery wings. Other than Divine Phoenix, are there any other upcoming Arch Mage/Warlock OCP's to look out for? Curious if its worth upgrading the bio5 helm past enchant 5 at this point or if there an OCP helm coming out soon?

#6 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:07 PM

Wow awesome, thanks for the detailed info -really helps clear the confusion I had when using the mystery wings. Other than Divine Phoenix, are there any other upcoming Arch Mage/Warlock OCP's to look out for? Curious if its worth upgrading the bio5 helm past enchant 5 at this point or if there an OCP helm coming out soon?

for comet mage, bio5 hat over lv6 is still the best choice for so long. the fix reduction is still the best

#7 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2023 - 03:43 PM

*Edit*
Honestly, I'd just go with Fairy of Eden since it's much cheaper to have and it's the best "all-rounder" for WL/Arch Mage. Not being knock backed is a huge advantage given how our classes work. While we're stuck in that animation before we fly back from Knock Back, it takes a second to know where to cast your spell which can become a huge issue in high danger situations. Plus, it's significantly easier to get instant variable cast with +40 INT Veritas combo and that turns Veritas into a general magic damage card than a specific one. We don't have too many general damage cards unlike the physical classes.

Edited by Quoc, 17 October 2023 - 04:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users