Events are a waste of time - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Events are a waste of time

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 12:14 AM

Seasonal events should be discontinued moving forwards because they are a time wasting trap. Since event consumables are being consistently deleted after events, there is no purpose to spending time farming them. The event based mobs that spawn on maps only clutter up the maps without adding any value. You’re wasting both your own time as well as the playerbases time at this point. You guys refuse to do anything about macro farming/leveling bots, but you’re happy to take items away from people who wasted their time by farming your useless events.

#2 Wachamacallit

Wachamacallit

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 04:33 AM

They're killing the game on purpose. When we get the new updates in December, we'd be only a few steps behind kRO. If they keep the trend, we should be able to catch up next year. And then we'll realize the developers have stopped creating new stuff. Less new contents, less players. The game will shut down. So play only for nostalgia. Avoid the cash shop.

#3 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 15 November 2023 - 04:41 AM

Half the time events are brought in like halfway into the "event period" so we don't even get full use of the stuff =\

#4 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 09:12 AM

You wouldn’t be punished if they stopped hosting events. The events have no benefit to you and your time is better spent doing literally anything else.

#5 OdessaBennet

OdessaBennet

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 12:39 PM

You wouldn’t be punished if they stopped hosting events. The events have no benefit to you and your time is better spent doing literally anything else.

If that's how you feel then just don't participate. Allow people to do what they like, and if people sympathize with your opinion, then they'll simply follow. I don't see why they need to stop events from happening, aside from some inner selfish reason beyond our comprehension that you refuse to place forward. What exactly is the problem? and why should people follow this opinion?

#6 Clau1412

Clau1412

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIn your heart~
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2023 - 01:29 PM

I totally agree with this post. Personally one of the reasons why I try to do events is to get consumables and use or sell them. I understand that some items specify that they will be deleted after the event, but trans candies NEVER had this detail in the description so it is totally unfair.
As a side note it would be great if you could take into account that many players are still here only because of our love for Ragnarok, but it feels like Warpportal has long since stopped behaving like a server that is friendly towards new players (by this I mean that a new player enters our server and manages to get zeny by doing these events at low levels).
Also I hope that Warpportal will put GMs back in place to review the leveling maps so that they ban people using macros for afk farming/leveling because that affects the players who ARE in front of the computer and who are not bots.

It's the first time I've decided to complain on the forums, but the situation is certainly a disaster..

#7 LouisLu

LouisLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 06:02 PM

Honestly the game is for older generation people.

People who play this game are mature, very mature.

So if you put it this way, maybe Gravity was meant to target the younger generation group by hosting these event?

#8 ass0

ass0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Locationsince 2015
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 November 2023 - 09:04 PM

Hi Pokemist Master Ash Ketchup here

You need to use it, what is you gonna do to it again anyway?

#9 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2023 - 12:54 PM

I appreciate the events. They're a great distraction from the monotony of the grind. I agree that trans candies and other consumables not labeled as being "deleted after the event period" should be left alone, but I think taking out events totally is extreme.

Consumables aren't the only rewards anyway. We've gotten plenty of equipment that were unique or useful. The costume Tarnished Lamp was one of the only costumes that gave any stats (luck +10) when it was first put in. The Cat Santa Hat, along with several other costumes were only available through temporary events. Even the Community Hats which were sold in the Cash Shop, were given out as an event reward originally.

The one thing I do hate about the events though, is the use of mobs that take 1 damage and are placed on all field maps. They just LOVE getting in the way and dropping account or even character-bound crap that you can't get rid of.

Edited by belld1711, 18 November 2023 - 01:29 PM.

#10 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 09:07 PM

I feel like the events are monotonous too though. Talk to an NPC then go to any field map and kill 5-10 of the event mobs and pick up 5-10 of their drops. Repeat this process 3 or 4 times with other NPC’s and get some temporary consumables that can only be used for 2 weeks, or a costume which gives some stats for 2 weeks. I feel like every event is just a clone of previous events. Now they’re just punishing people who make the mistake of participating in them.

#11 YUMOKO

YUMOKO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 09:20 PM

if you use marco/bot was ban, just sent ticket to gm and then unban without any price, so this server very lag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users