6 replies to this topic

#1 Houtanyou

Houtanyou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 08:12 AM

Hey there people, 

I've been meaning to switch some gears on my Warlock recently and the biggest issue I've had when deciding which new equipments to get is the 100% mdef pierce (preferrably on all monsters i'm excluding the wizard shadow combo that doesn't apply on boss monsters) 

Currently i'm using the PDM (15% pierce each 18 str, currently 72str) and survivor shoes to get my 100% pierce, but that kind of locks me into the survivor set because of the other big bonuses it provides, 

My gear loadout looks like this atm: 

+9 Celine Ribbon

Diabolus wings

Survivor Orb

+11 Flattery Robe (2/2 int enchants)

+15 Survivor wand

+12 mad bunny

+9 survivor Manteau

+7 survivor shoes

Celine brooch

PDM

If you also have any tips on where to improve and what to change first, it'll be gladly appreciated!

#2 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:14 AM

It depends on your desired endgame build and budget, but Moaning of Evil Spirits is currently one of the strongest options. The biggest limitation, besides the 1.5-2b price tag, is that it doesn't remove any FCT at all, which is nearly mandatory in the shoes slot if you're running a Comet build.

King of Spirit Circlet is also a great choice for 70% FCT reduction and 20% After Cast Delay. Similar to Moaning, KOSC makes it hard to hit 2s flat FCT reduction for Comet, but the percentage FCT reduction can make the cast time reasonable with the right equips.

Armor of White Thread only gives 70% mdef pierce, but at least it doesn't eat into the shoes/upper headgear slots

Magician's Gloves give 50% mdef pierce and a small amount of elemental damage boost (fire/water/earth/wind/ idk if the last one is ghost or neutral; iRO says ghost, jRO says neutral, and honestly it could easily be either) and VCT reduction. No accessory slot limitation so you could run 2 if you want, but accessory slots are valuable for Ring of Soul Expansion, Ring of Pazuzu, or Geffenia Ice Magic Tool

Runaway Accelerator gives 50% mdef pierce. I completely forgot about this item because idk if anyone actually runs it

Tempest Shadow Sets (see set bonuses) These give full mdef penetration against 2 races per set, but this requires carrying 5 shadow weapons around.

Booster shadow set also provides 70% mdef pierce, on top of 20% VCT reduction and 4 flat ASPD, so honestly it's one of my favorites for Warlocks.

#3 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 25 November 2023 - 06:13 PM

a lot of class shadow gear sets have like 50% pierce as well

#4 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 04:48 AM

These are all awesome options, but most are on the expensive side.

The least cost one so far I have found was the Magician's Glove which is still 300mil+.

Anyone know any alternative options for MDef pierce that is more budget friendly? Any weapons or anything with some built in?

https://irowiki.org/...#Bypassing_MDEF
I actually just found this list, anything this is leaving out that anyone knows of? I know the full class shadow armor set can provide some but that is also pretty tricky to achieve.

Edited by LoLitsNeal, 28 February 2024 - 04:54 AM.

#5 aKuRa

aKuRa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:21 AM

You can try search divine-pride, Either "bypass" or "ignore"
As for cheapest option, depends on which slot you have available. Nagaame listed good options, and should be fairly cheap this time.

#6 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:42 AM

Another cheap option got added since I made the list: Garden of Eden. It doesn't offer the ACD/FCT of KOSC, but it is like 1/4th the price.

#7 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 10:02 AM

Nagaame, that was the perfect item. Since the Kings Circlet was just too pricey, I ended up snagging a Garden of Eden on the auction for just over 200 mil. It took most my zeny, but I think the 100% mdef pierce plus other bonuses on this thing seemed worth it!! Great suggestion, and thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users