• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DeathKitten

DeathKitten

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 07:41 PM

What is best gear right now for Sorcerer/Elemental Master (what should I aim for)?

What is a good skill tree to follow?

I just returned to RO after about 7-8 years from being off of it, and I know that a lot has changed since I was last actively playing. Please give me full names/screenshots (as I won't know all the acronyms for gear right away). Any and all pointers are appreciated!

#2 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 December 2023 - 07:56 AM

https://divine-pride.net is the most up-to-date resource for looking things up:

Two main builds, Psychic Wave and Diamond Dust. Psychic Wave is the stronger, more versatile build, but is much more expensive to get started. Conversely, DD is pretty easy to get started but is weaker (especially against shadow/holy mobs). PW can also be a bit slower than DD at burst damage since it's multiple smaller damage instances over time, so some mobs might take a few casts or a second to kill.

Common Gear

Common:

King of Spirit Circlet - 100% MDef penetration, good damage multipliers for DD, 70% Fixed Cast Time reduction (FCT), 20% After Cast Delay reduction (ACD), 30% Variable Cast Time reduction (VCT), and 1s Cooldown reduction (CDR) for DD

Circlet of Time (Sorcerer) [1] - Good damage multipliers for DD/PW, neutral/water magic damage multipliers, and can be enchanted with bonus MATK% and FCT reduction

Middle + Lower Headgear:

Sunglasses/Sunglasses [1] + Mob Scarf - Lots of MATK

New Wave Sunglasses + Ghost Fire - Better Mob Scarf Combo for 4th classes

Kardui Ear - Lots of MATK, a bit of VCT

Floating Ball - Even more MATK

Fortunetelling Sealed - Up to 20% size multiplier

Tyrant of Earth/Old Camouflage Scarf - Up to 25% size multiplier

Tree Sprout - Bonus with Kardui for a bit more MATK and VCT

Sacred Lapel - 15% ACD if necessary

Armor:

Automatic Armor Type B (2x Shadow Spell, 1x MATK/Warmer Wave/Global Delay/Diamond Grave) [1] - Best magic armor, I think. Shadow Spell is one of the best options for improving magic damage

Illusion Armor Type B (2x MATK, 1x Global Delay) [1] - Cheaper version of Automatic Armor

Soutane of intelligence (Blessing of intelligence) [1] - Provides lots of MATK and INT

Armor Card:

Sweet Nightmare - MATK and uninterruptible cast

Weapon:

Build-specific

Weapon Card:

Blue Pitaya - Water magic damage multiplier and set bonus with Research Assistant Bot and Bookworm for PW/DD damage multipliers

Wizard of Veritas - Set bonus with Fairy of Eden for lots of INT

Mutating White Knight - Magical size multiplier

Shield:

Excelion Shield [1] - Lots of raw MATK

Mad Bunny Special [1] - Some MATK and uninterruptible cast

Shield Card:

Mutating Khalitzburg - 25% damage reduction from medium/large enemies, and a small set bonus with Mutating White Knight

Garment:

Fairy of Eden [1] - Lots of MATK% and other niceties

Temporal Int Manteau [1] - Lots of MATK. Can get enchanted with -15% ACD

Shoes:

Fifth Element [1] - Lots of MATK and ACD, and possibly INT. Also great utility with Electric Walk

Moaning of Evil Spirits [1] - MATK and MDef pierce

Temporal Int Boots [1] - MATK and some VCT. Runaway Magic is a fairly strong enchant

Temporal Dex Boots [1] - .5s FCT and some VCT. Runaway Magic is a fairly strong enchant

Shoes Card:

Research Assistant Bot - Only useful for the set bonus

Accessory:

Sixth Sense Ring [1] x2 - 30% ACD, Psychic Wave damage multiplier, some magic damage multipliers, and crucially reduces PW cooldown by 1s.

Accessory Card:

Bookworm - PW/DD multiplier, and set bonus.

Shadow:

Sorcerer Shadow Set (Sorcerer Weapon Shadow, Sorcerer Shield Shadow, Sage Shadow Armor, Sage Shadow Shoes, Magician Shadow Earring, Magician Shadow Pendant) - Notably gives +10 all stats and DD bonuses (up to 4s CDR for DD)

PW

Goals: Removing 5s Cooldown, 1s After Cast Delay, and 0.6s Fixed Cast Time (this can be done by summoning Ventus)

5S CD is critical, and requires the full set of 2x Sixth Sense Ring, >+11 Awakened Shadow Staff, Sorcerer Stone (Garment) and Scholar Stone (Lower), which is prohibitively expensive.

Headgear Card:

Plaga - Neutral magic damage multiplier

Weapon:

Awakened Shadow Staff [2] - A bit of PW damage boost, but most notably 1s PW CDR

Garment Card:

Purple Pitaya - 3% neutral magic damage multiplier per upgrade

Accessory Card:

Dy (20% neutral magic damage multiplier) if possible, otherwise just another Bookworm

Costume:

Sorcerer Stone (Garment) + Professor Stone (Lower) - 2s PW CDR

Sorcerer Stone (Upper) - .5s FCT reduction

Sorcerer Stone (Middle) - Bonus with Garment stone for a bit of PW multiplier

Shadow:

Psychic Shadow Armor/Shield/Shoes - PW multiplier

DD

Headgear Card:

Blue Lichtern - Water magic damage multiplier

Weapon:

Deus Ex Machina [3] - Ridiculous amount of MATK%. Also ACD, FCT, and lets you use Blessing

Awakened Chilling Cane [2] - Boosts DD a bunch

Dust Grave [2] - Fairly similar to Awakened Chilling Cane, but I haven't run the numbers yet

Garment Card:

Faceworm Larva - 3% water magic damage multiplier per upgrade

Accessory Card:

Headless Mule - 20% water magic damage multiplier

Costume:

Sorcerer Stone II (Garment) - DD multiplier

Sorcerer Stone (Lower) - DD multiplier and all elemental damage multiplier

Scholar Stone II (Upper) - DD multiplier combined with the Garment Stone

Shadow:

Dust Shadow Armor/Shield/Shoes - DD bonuses

(Sorcerer set works just fine)

Cheaper Gear

Headgear:

Skull Cap - MATK and VCT reduction with Thorn Staff of Darkness

Weapon:

Thorn Staff of Darkness - MATK and ACD. Can be enchanted with Spell enchants for VCT reduction

Thanatos Staff [1] - Spells have a chance of regenerating some HP. Combined with Indulge, lets you sustain forever.

Armor/Garment/Shoes/Accessory:

Noblesse/Imperial/Grace Equipment Sets (see iROWiki for info)

Shoes:

Unslotted Temporal Int/Dex Boots - Strictly worse than the slotter versions, but significantly cheaper

Accessory:

Spirit King's Ring [1] - Most notably 2s CDR for DD and some DD damage multiplier

Closing Remarks

PW is one of the best builds in the game, but gathering all the pieces of Exodia is very hard.

Elemaster doesn't offer much except for Talent Points (SPL is strong) and Spell Enchanting

Conflagration helps a bit with DD by turning non-boss mobs into Fire 1 element

#3 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationParadise
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:23 AM

Adding to Nagaame's great suggestions, here are a few more options you can consider:

ARMOR

WEAPON

SHIELD

• Laphine Shield (https://db.irowiki.o...item-info/2198/): Only a tiny MATK boost but can be paired with super cheap Laphine Staff (see above) for more MATK & VCT reduction. Bonus with Kardui Ears is only good for Warlock though.

SHOES

• Scaraba High Heels (https://www.divine-p...ba-high-heels-1): Another item lowered in price a lot by recent OCPs. No good on its own but when paired with Laphine Staff (translated incorrectly as "Raphini Staff" on item desc), it gives cast reduction and 30% MDEF bypass (which can get you to 90% with Sorc Shadow Set).

ACCESSORIES

Edited by Jefuu, 30 December 2023 - 06:27 AM.

#4 DeathKitten

DeathKitten

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2023 - 10:19 AM

Bet. I have a lot of this already from playing in the past, and if not, I have a lot of funds to do so. Thank you both so much!

#5 tadisinanishant

tadisinanishant

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 01:58 AM

Hey,

I was wondering if you guys had the skill trees for psychic wave and diamond dust elemental master, there are just so many skills its overwhelming to know which ones to pick. Thanks in advance.

#6 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 01:33 PM

max diamond dust and psychic wave

earth grave is also nice to max when starting out

max warmer, spirit sympathy, elemental shield, striking, and extreme vacuum for equip bonuses

level 2 of each insignia for utility (lets you tank mvps easily early on)

1 point electric walk for when you eventually get a fifth element

spirit cure because nothing else is that good

3 points varetyr, 1 point analyze element, 3 points spirit control, max all summons for prerequisites

#7 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 01:35 PM

max diamond dust and psychic wave

earth grave is also nice to max when starting out

max warmer, spirit sympathy, elemental shield, striking, and extreme vacuum for equip bonuses

level 2 of each insignia for utility (lets you tank mvps easily early on)

1 point electric walk for when you eventually get a fifth element

spirit cure because nothing else is that good

3 points varetyr, 1 point analyze element, 3 points spirit control, max all summons for prerequisites

If you are using fifth element you want Varetyr Spear maxed out, those 40 int are a very good increase in damage on all your skills because Sorc skills have int directly on their formula, and also add a lot of MATK.

Actually the thing is, that Fifth Element are very "skill consuming" so to get the most important bonuses for the boots you need VS lvl 10, (40 INT) Spirit Simpathy at lvl 5, (50% matk or elemental dmg i dont recall), all summons maxed out at lvl 3 (15 matk per each lvl of any summon learned is 3*4 and also delay reducion by 6 3% per level aswell) so if you have those boots and you have the Spirit King Circlet and you have the sixth sense rings (accesories) i think the sorcerer skill tree will look something like this:

Extreme Vaccum 5

PW 5

Striking 5

Spirit Simpathy 5 (and the pre req skills)

All summons at 3 (with pre reqs)

Warmer 5

DD 5

VS 10

Electric Walk 1 (for the speed pot effect)

Elemental Shield 5

65/70 (considering pre reqs) at this point you will get Earth Grave at vl 3 is up to you if you want to lvl that up, i personally have it at the begining, but you are left with 5 points to spare at lvl 70 job as a sorc. Personally i have all those gears so on my lvl 50 sorc i do have VS maxed out since the start because is a huge bump in terms of dmg

Edited by Sewasan, 03 January 2024 - 01:51 PM.

#8 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 08 January 2024 - 01:05 PM

Two main builds, Psychic Wave and Diamond Dust. Psychic Wave is the stronger, more versatile build, but is much more expensive to get started. Conversely, DD is pretty easy to get started but is weaker (especially against shadow/holy mobs). PW can also be a bit slower than DD at burst damage since it's multiple smaller damage instances over time, so some mobs might take a few casts or a second to kill.

Common Gear

Common:

King of Spirit Circlet - 100% MDef penetration, good damage multipliers for DD, 70% Fixed Cast Time reduction (FCT), 20% After Cast Delay reduction (ACD), 30% Variable Cast Time reduction (VCT), and 1s Cooldown reduction (CDR) for DD

Circlet of Time (Sorcerer) [1] - Good damage multipliers for DD/PW, neutral/water magic damage multipliers, and can be enchanted with bonus MATK% and FCT reduction

Middle + Lower Headgear:

Armor:

Automatic Armor Type B (2x Shadow Spell, 1x MATK/Warmer Wave/Global Delay/Diamond Grave) [1] - Best magic armor, I think. Shadow Spell is one of the best options for improving magic damage

Illusion Armor Type B (2x MATK, 1x Global Delay) [1] - Cheaper version of Automatic Armor

Soutane of intelligence (Blessing of intelligence) [1] - Provides lots of MATK and INT

Armor Card:

Weapon:

Build-specific

Weapon Card:

Blue Pitaya - Water magic damage multiplier and set bonus with Research Assistant Bot and Bookworm for PW/DD damage multipliers

Shield:

Shield Card:

Mutating Khalitzburg - 25% damage reduction from medium/large enemies, and a small set bonus with Mutating White Knight

Garment:

Shoes:

Fifth Element [1] - Lots of MATK and ACD, and possibly INT. Also great utility with Electric Walk

Temporal Int Boots [1] - MATK and some VCT. Runaway Magic is a fairly strong enchant

Temporal Dex Boots [1] - .5s FCT and some VCT. Runaway Magic is a fairly strong enchant

Shoes Card:

Accessory:

Sixth Sense Ring [1] x2 - 30% ACD, Psychic Wave damage multiplier, some magic damage multipliers, and crucially reduces PW cooldown by 1s.

Accessory Card:

Shadow:

Sorcerer Shadow Set (Sorcerer Weapon Shadow, Sorcerer Shield Shadow, Sage Shadow Armor, Sage Shadow Shoes, Magician Shadow Earring, Magician Shadow Pendant) - Notably gives +10 all stats and DD bonuses (up to 4s CDR for DD)

PW

Goals: Removing 5s Cooldown, 1s After Cast Delay, and 0.6s Fixed Cast Time (this can be done by summoning Ventus)

5S CD is critical, and requires the full set of 2x Sixth Sense Ring, >+11 Awakened Shadow Staff, Sorcerer Stone (Garment) and Scholar Stone (Lower), which is prohibitively expensive.

Headgear Card:

Weapon:

Awakened Shadow Staff [2] - A bit of PW damage boost, but most notably 1s PW CDR

Garment Card:

Accessory Card:

Dy (20% neutral magic damage multiplier) if possible, otherwise just another Bookworm

Costume:

Shadow:

DD

Headgear Card:

Weapon:

Deus Ex Machina [3] - Ridiculous amount of MATK%. Also ACD, FCT, and lets you use Blessing

Dust Grave [2] - Fairly similar to Awakened Chilling Cane, but I haven't run the numbers yet

Garment Card:

Accessory Card:

Costume:

Shadow:

Cheaper Gear

Headgear:

Weapon:

Thorn Staff of Darkness - MATK and ACD. Can be enchanted with Spell enchants for VCT reduction

Thanatos Staff [1] - Spells have a chance of regenerating some HP. Combined with Indulge, lets you sustain forever.

Shoes:

Unslotted Temporal Int/Dex Boots - Strictly worse than the slotter versions, but significantly cheaper

Accessory:

Spirit King's Ring [1] - Most notably 2s CDR for DD and some DD damage multiplier

Closing Remarks

PW is one of the best builds in the game, but gathering all the pieces of Exodia is very hard.

Elemaster doesn't offer much except for Talent Points (SPL is strong) and Spell Enchanting

you seem pretty knowledgeable on the class so i figure i'd ask: have you found any practical use for the new summons? the old ones give nice bonuses like ventus -1 FCT and aqua with MATK, but the new ones don't seem to offer much except for wndowing pwave, and bigger survivability. the old ones just seem to give better bonuses, which is a little sad. not sure if i'm missing something.

Edited by Alaska, 08 January 2024 - 01:06 PM.

#9 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 01:42 PM

you seem pretty knowledgeable on the class so i figure i'd ask: have you found any practical use for the new summons? the old ones give nice bonuses like ventus -1 FCT and aqua with MATK, but the new ones don't seem to offer much except for wndowing pwave, and bigger survivability. the old ones just seem to give better bonuses, which is a little sad. not sure if i'm missing something.

Only use I've gotten is using Procella in the Floating Garden normal mode instance for AFK farming Papilas after dragging the mvp away. Other than that the only really "new" thing is the Serpiens defensive mode for Poison property armor, which is very situationally useful, which I guess goes to show how bad they are. Maybe they're good for autobolt/spell fist, but those builds aren't really worth mentioning either.

#10 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 08 January 2024 - 04:11 PM

Only use I've gotten is using Procella in the Floating Garden normal mode instance for AFK farming Papilas after dragging the mvp away. Other than that the only really "new" thing is the Serpiens defensive mode for Poison property armor, which is very situationally useful, which I guess goes to show how bad they are. Maybe they're good for autobolt/spell fist, but those builds aren't really worth mentioning either.

that's sad and pretty much the same conclusion i came to. :( wish the OG effects passed to the new summons... seems weird that they would nerf them like that. oh well, thanks for the confirmation!  :Emo_14:

#11 Nenenear

Nenenear

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 11:08 AM

Hello, just a quick question for the knowledgeable people here. I was looking at Fairy of Eden and Sixth Sense Ring and in their item description they both have "When equipped with Release of Magic....." I've been trying to find what item that is but I can't find it in divine pride or iro wiki? what item is Release of Magic?

#12 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 11:33 AM

https://www.divine-p...ase/item/29371/ jro only

its like an enchant or something. don't worry too much about it since we're probably not getting it for the foreseeable future 

#13 Nenenear

Nenenear

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 07:33 AM

ohhhhh. Thanks for letting me know! Another quick question, If I use 2 of the same card on 2 separate items will the effects stack? Like if I have Bookworm card on 2 Sixth Sense Ring, will that trigger the card set effects twice?

#14 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 09 February 2024 - 08:34 AM

no, set effect only works once, its like a ON/OFF switch you either have it or not.

#15 Nenenear

Nenenear

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 09:33 AM

Hello! with the new items that have been coming out lately, would you guys still say that these are the best items for sorc? I'm about to hit level 200 and I don't want to buy all of these if it's not gonna be the best items. I already own half of the items, like 2 sixth sense rings, kardui ear, tyrant of earth, tree sprout, fairy of eden, awakened shadow staff, and fifth element. 

Common Gear

Common:

Middle + Lower Headgear:

Armor:

Armor Card:

Weapon:

Build-specific

Weapon Card:

Shield:

Shield Card:

Garment:

Shoes:

Shoes Card:

Accessory:

Accessory Card:

Shadow:

PW

Headgear Card:

Weapon:

Garment Card:

Accessory Card:

Costume:

Shadow:

DD

Headgear Card:

Weapon:

Garment Card:

Accessory Card:

Costume:

Shadow:

Cheaper Gear

Headgear:

Weapon:

Shoes:

Accessory:

Closing Remarks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users