Mechanic/meister vs genetic/biolo - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mechanic/meister vs genetic/biolo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mhon018

mhon018

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2024 - 11:41 AM

Is  genetic/biolo better than mechanic/meister? 

cant choose between the 2 jobs. 

any experience players out here that can do at least the pros and cons of the said jobs? 
THANKS!

#2 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2024 - 08:51 PM

Mechanic
Pros:
- You can choose either axe tornado / arm cannon build. Usually its cheaper to build axe tornado. However, most high end gears now are leaning towards Arm cannon damage boost
- Able to repair equips when damaged
- Hover skill allows you to avoid AoE dmg
- Fast movement speed using acceleration. You can even slide front/back like assassin class
- You can change armor yourself into fire/earth/water/wind property using Shape Shift skill
- useful support skills for your party members such as neutral barrier/stealth field
- You got yourself a special heal skill using "Repair" that consumes your Repair vial items
- Now you can use black/master smith skills while in mado.. meaning you have more useful boost skills than gene

Cons:
- if you are using arm cannon build, Property atk is limited to Neutral / Holy / Dark / Ghost only using cannon balls
- Consumes more magic gear fuel unless negated by Rock+kick step / Supplemental chip
- Everytime you die, you'll have to re-use your mado gear which you can buy the emergency box from blacksmith NPC from any weapon shop. There's 3 minutes cooldown, so if you keep dying that can be a problem

Genetic
Pros:
- You can craft and make money by creating red/blue herb activator, hp increase pot, cero, concentrated potions or +20 stats food
- Have access to FCP that can prevent equipment being broken/stripped by players / monsters in some maps
- Fastest movement speed in the game using cart boost skill
- You can heal yourself more using pots thanks to Potion mastery
- You can also support your party mates using aid potion / aid condensed potion
- Homun companion. They can tank damage being as a cannon fodder for gene. It also have useful skills such as
Amistr: Blood Lust, castling
= Or =
Vanimilth: Chaotic blessing (heals random either to user/homun/even monster), change instruction

For homun S
Dieter: Pyroclastic: Add up flat atk and endows fire property to user
= or =
Sera: Pain Killer: Reduce dmg by flat on user. Very useful for tanking most PvE monsters

Cons:
- Not easy to level at early stages. You will spend acid bottles to level as alche/biochem unless you are rich
- Levelling homun is costly. Not only the seeds are expensive but you have to sacrifice 10% of your exp gained into your homun
- expensive to get high end gears than mechanic
- Just like mech, Property atk is limited to Neutral / Holy / Dark / Ghost only using cannon balls for cart cannon skill
- targetting monster with cart cannon skill can be annoying unlike Mech's arm cannon that only rely on ground targeting / axe tornado self targeting
- additional info: now that Plant Cultivation skill is disabled in iRO meaning that you no longer be able to gain mushrooms or alcohol for yourself

Sorry i haven't got into fourth job meister/biolo yet.. but that should cover up the pro and cons for both merchant classes during your mid gameplay

#3 mhon018

mhon018

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2024 - 09:50 PM

Thank you for this.
have you ever played both of the class? for your opinion which is better for the long run? 

Mechanic
Pros:
- You can choose either axe tornado / arm cannon build. Usually its cheaper to build axe tornado. However, most high end gears now are leaning towards Arm cannon damage boost
- Fast movement speed using acceleration. You can even slide front/back like assassin class
- You can change armor yourself into fire/earth/water/wind property using Shape Shift skill
- useful support skills for your party members such as neutral barrier/stealth field
- You got yourself a special heal skill using "Repair" that consumes your Repair vial items
- Now you can use black/master smith skills while in mado.. meaning you have more useful boost skills than gene

Cons:
- if you are using arm cannon build, Property atk is limited to Neutral / Holy / Dark / Ghost only using cannon balls
- Consumes more magic gear fuel unless negated by Rock+kick step / Supplemental chip
- Everytime you die, you'll have to re-use your mado gear which you can buy the emergency box from blacksmith NPC from any weapon shop. There's 3 minutes cooldown, so if you keep dying that can be a problem

Genetic
Pros:
- You can craft and make money by creating red/blue herb activator, hp increase pot, cero, concentrated potions or +20 stats food
- Have access to FCP that can prevent equipment being broken/stripped by players / monsters in some maps
- Homun companion. They can tank damage being as a cannon fodder for gene. It also have useful skills such as
= Or =
Vanimilth: Chaotic blessing (heals random either to user/homun/even monster), change instruction

For homun S
= or =
Sera: Pain Killer: Reduce dmg by flat on user. Very useful for tanking most PvE monsters

Cons:
- Not easy to level at early stages. You will spend acid bottles to level as alche/biochem unless you are rich
- Levelling homun is costly. Not only the seeds are expensive but you have to sacrifice 10% of your exp gained into your homun
- Just like mech, Property atk is limited to Neutral / Holy / Dark / Ghost only using cannon balls for cart cannon skill
- targetting monster with cart cannon skill can be annoying unlike Mech's arm cannon that only rely on ground targeting / axe tornado self targeting
- additional info: now that Plant Cultivation skill is disabled in iRO meaning that you no longer be able to gain mushrooms or alcohol for yourself

Sorry i haven't got into fourth job meister/biolo yet.. but that should cover up the pro and cons for both merchant classes during your mid gameplay

#4 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2024 - 12:31 AM

I played both.

In my opinion, genetic for the long run..

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 14 February 2024 - 02:18 AM

probably just Biolo for the FCP

#6 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2024 - 02:22 PM

Mechanic
Pros:

Cons:

Genetic
Pros:
= Or =

For homun S
= or =

Cons:

As an Arm Cannon build, I'd like to say that Mid-End game Axe Tornado is significantly more expensive than Arm Cannon. As to why that is? I haven't the slightest clue. It's approximately twice as expensive if you don't count Record of Merchant 1+2 which isn't necessary but a quality of life thing.

I personally prefer Mech sprites with their new Mado suit and I find that they're more versatile overall. With that said, Genetics blows Mecha out of the water with their cannons. The gap widens some more when it's Biolo vs Meister as they get double cannons. Biolo is also around 4~5x more expensive to run than a Meister.

My build has since improved but here was a testing I did a while back ago for my Meister -

Edited by Quoc, 27 February 2024 - 02:29 PM.

#7 Nenenear

Nenenear

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2024 - 06:36 PM

As an Arm Cannon build, I'd like to say that Mid-End game Axe Tornado is significantly more expensive than Arm Cannon. As to why that is? I haven't the slightest clue. It's approximately twice as expensive if you don't count Record of Merchant 1+2 which isn't necessary but a quality of life thing.

I personally prefer Mech sprites with their new Mado suit and I find that they're more versatile overall. With that said, Genetics blows Mecha out of the water with their cannons. The gap widens some more when it's Biolo vs Meister as they get double cannons. Biolo is also around 4~5x more expensive to run than a Meister.

My build has since improved but here was a testing I did a while back ago for my Meister -

What do you think are the best Equips for Mechanic rn? I just finished building my Elemental Master and am thinking of building my Mechanic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users