why would you ask for the same details that are required upon opening a ticket? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

why would you ask for the same details that are required upon opening a ticket?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 February 2024 - 12:34 PM

1DTlxt7.jpg

lol

WKw2XV3.jpg

#2 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 09 February 2024 - 01:55 PM

To annoy your costumers of course

#3 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 09 February 2024 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, I asked them this before and some bs along the lines of "to verify" like wtf. Such a dumb ticket system if we are required to fill in fields they don't even read.

#4 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 11:43 AM

Yup, every single time. My guess is the info is all thrown in the garbage and they only get the email portion.

#5 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 12:03 PM

Lol I've send a ticket and asked once. They sayin WP staffs and support not in the same department that's why ppls info needs to verify. I'm guessin support agents who work remotely don't have any access to they WP database/information system. Agents only see ticket number and message of what ppls issue is then asks Special Agent who works in WP office or sum like that for verification and approval. Feel me?

#6 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 03:17 AM

they should just remove that stpd mandatory fields,

and transfer the template into the message as initial texts

or maybe just transfer those info automatically from the mandatory fields into the receiving team

oh well,, its wp, what else can we expect lol

#7 CM Poring

CM Poring

Amateur Blogger

• Community Managers
  • 220 posts
  • LocationRune Midgards

Posted 12 February 2024 - 02:49 PM

Hello~

To answer your issue, sometimes the field that you inserted while you creating a ticket doesn't match on the WP database. This was also to prevent any account dispute that happens occasionally.

Although it was a hassle, please bear with our support team as they will match all of your data (custom fields, provided by yours, and the account database)

I hope this can clarifies your concern.

Cheers~

#8 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 February 2024 - 02:52 AM

oh yes, i remember doing the same at work..

saying this is regarding something that looks relevant, even if its not really the root cause because i'm too lazy to find the actual reason

i.e. bs answer

Edited by pao0, 13 February 2024 - 02:52 AM.

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:58 AM

Hello~

To answer your issue, sometimes the field that you inserted while you creating a ticket doesn't match on the WP database. This was also to prevent any account dispute that happens occasionally.

Although it was a hassle, please bear with our support team as they will match all of your data (custom fields, provided by yours, and the account database)

I hope this can clarifies your concern.

Cheers~

Since they always ask for the information even though it is in required fields I also put it in the message body ahead of time, they still asked for it. Pretty much confirms they just outright do not read the ticket whatsoever and just send the default response.

#10 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 March 2024 - 06:22 PM

When I was doing help desk work some 10 years ago, we often use this “canned” response to buy time. Most customers don’t reply right away and it gives us an excuse to delay the ticket when slammed.

#11 risingdead

risingdead

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 12:23 PM

im dying my leg CUT off... ok... so what goign on MY LEG CUT OFFF  humm ok wait a moment ... music waiting room ok so how can i help you ... I NEED HELP.... 

that your ticket service...

you say you stuck in town.....

how can i help you  IM STUCK IN TOWN...

so you say your stuck in town can i have 5 picture   and 3 video and a proof that your stuck... and your social number tooo ... why not...

#12 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2024 - 10:31 AM

I've had this issue many times. Always with one specific GM, Arclouze. Seems like a poorly trained GM, not a security issue.

What is a security issue tho? Anyone can access tickets if you have the ticket number, and anyone with half a mind to start brute forcing ticket numbers is gonna compile a lot of personal information due to this idiocy. This clearly violates consumer rights and privacy laws, of multiple nations.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 07 April 2024 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users