Make monsters drop useless and heavy equipment loot - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make monsters drop useless and heavy equipment loot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Remiechan

Remiechan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 07:26 PM

Especially on monsters in heavily botted maps like Magma 2, make those mobs drop useless 200+ weight loot at 90% or something, greed bots easily becomes overweight and cannot do anything. make them worth 0 zeny and something easily identifiable by actual players to be trash. Won't resolve all the botting especially all that kill stealing bots in Niff or Einbech 3 but it's a start

(Better yet tho, GM, just IP ban bots)

#2 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:01 PM

You could just cut out the middleman and disable greed on some maps, although I imagine that might make some poorer players upset. Making a macro that simply drops those items seems fairly straightforward anyway

#3 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:03 PM

Anything that doesn't involve outright banning these bots will just make legit players' gameplay experience worse but WP is too much of a pussy to do that. :D

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 19 February 2024 - 08:04 PM.

#4 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:42 PM

Official server is not capable of editing features / macros whatever as compared to *-__-* servers

WP really need to recruit a GM to monitor in-game situations.. not just to handle WP support tickets alone.

Edited by EdwardEG, 19 February 2024 - 08:43 PM.

#5 smurpet

smurpet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 12:21 AM

No i farm loots for a living(inside the game) manual farming so big NO, not this type of method. there is another way on that issues. maybe just ignore them i personally just ignore them. and my mind is free of stress.

#6 Remiechan

Remiechan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:59 AM

No i farm loots for a living(inside the game) manual farming so big NO, not this type of method. there is another way on that issues. maybe just ignore them i personally just ignore them. and my mind is free of stress.

Ignoring them is unacceptable, if they're gonna do that, might as well go with the advert that iRO welcomes bots, why not also just remove EAC and all that bull crap? 

Why not just let everyone bot so it'd be fair, botting is cheating and should not be tolerated at all, as well as duping. 

Really, banning the bots would be ideal

Edited by Remiechan, 20 February 2024 - 06:04 AM.

#7 Remiechan

Remiechan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 06:05 AM

You could just cut out the middleman and disable greed on some maps, although I imagine that might make some poorer players upset. Making a macro that simply drops those items seems fairly straightforward anyway

Greed is an accessible revenue for newbie players, so I don't like the idea to disable greed on farm maps

#8 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 08:22 AM

Especially on monsters in heavily botted maps like Magma 2, make those mobs drop useless 200+ weight loot at 90% or something, greed bots easily becomes overweight and cannot do anything. make them worth 0 zeny and something easily identifiable by actual players to be trash. Won't resolve all the botting especially all that kill stealing bots in Niff or Einbech 3 but it's a start

(Better yet tho, GM, just IP ban bots)

A ridiculous idea.

Punishing every player because of the bad ones is never a good way to do things. What about the normal people that greed there?

Plus, if all they care is farming zeny, they would just move somewhere else if that was done.

Then what, mess up the next map they pick for everyone too?

No thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users