You killed Ragnarok: Useful gear doesn't drop from monsters - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

You killed Ragnarok: Useful gear doesn't drop from monsters

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lazarusxxxx

Lazarusxxxx

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 February 2024 - 04:46 PM

So it seems Ragnarok doesn't have end-game or USEFUL monster drops anymore (besides MVP cards, lol 1/10,000 chance), and every single item required to stay on top is in a gamble/chance/gacha shop? We have to deal 120k damage, versus 2.2 million per attack, if we DON'T GET THE LOOT BOX DROPS with 500% MULTIPLIERS, RATHER THAN FROM IN-GAME MONSTERS? Imagine having 500% multipliers on one piece of gear that has a 1/500 chance from a loot box, instead of hunting monsters for gear that gets us to our next levels, instead fighting monsters for all of this stuff to legitimately level up. Pathetic. Every single character should be able to be just as strong as one another, given enough time to play the game by KILLING MONSTERS FOR GEAR, NOT SHOPPING and cheating.

Online RPGs are supposed to have the best gear drop from MVP's and high-end monsters below the MVPs, in order to reach BEST IN SLOT pieces for your character. Not wait-every-six-months for a 0.02% chance per PAID LOOT BOX to obtain items TEN TIMES STRONGER than MONSTER DROPS. 

The damage you do without these paid gears, is pathetic. This game has come to and end because of this.

Edited by Lazarusxxxx, 24 February 2024 - 06:08 PM.

#2 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 February 2024 - 02:12 PM

That is why no one cares to play their renewal server. If they released a proper re:start server where they properly handled dupers before they ruin the economy people would play it.

Renewal = buying cash shop items so you can 1 shot turn in mobs and also buying manuals and reset stones so you can actually level for more than 30min a day. If you can't afford the $ to buy the cash shop cheese item and the cash shop/upgrading mats needed to make it + whatever to trigger it's effect you are useless and can't level.

Edited by Wyndor, 25 February 2024 - 02:13 PM.

#3 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1721 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 26 February 2024 - 12:52 AM

best gears still drop from mvp and instance. What are you talking about?

Best EM Meta weapon drop from tomb of remorse not in kachua loot boxes.

#4 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1780 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 26 February 2024 - 06:23 AM

That is why no one cares to play their renewal server. If they released a proper re:start server where they properly handled dupers before they ruin the economy people would play it.

Renewal = buying cash shop items so you can 1 shot turn in mobs and also buying manuals and reset stones so you can actually level for more than 30min a day. If you can't afford the $ to buy the cash shop cheese item and the cash shop/upgrading mats needed to make it + whatever to trigger it's effect you are useless and can't level.

Supposedly Episode 18-20 give you tons of new gears that can be farmed in-game... Glacier sets are mid tier but still better gears than anything in iRO now while for endgame you want Grade A sets... You can see why kRO is not releasing latest episodes lol...

This doesn't have to with renewal mechanic, it's more about iRO or official servers that monetize everything that should be free. I can see this since grade A will require +10 equips to craft and the refine mats will be cash shop instead by monster drop....

Edited by Exvee, 26 February 2024 - 06:25 AM.

#5 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:32 AM

17.2 and other EP quest gears and new instance gears are very powerful already, but not as good as cash shop items of course. This game should be at least playable with these gears that should still be considered "useful".

It's a free to play game so they have to genrate income somehow.

Meanwhile there are technically places you can "farm" cash items: occasional events that give you kachua keys; spooky machines that give you BM3; monster BB drops so that you can trade in; etc.

#6 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 11:50 AM

I understand the "is a f2p game so they have to make money somehow" sentence, but i hate when people use it to defend cash shop broken items. Because the first sentence is ok, it doesnt follow that the only way they can do that is by releasing broken ass items, lol, if the problem was really about getting enough money to support the game you wouldnt have a gambling system, that system is only there to hyper maximize earnings. Is like in some other games we cant discuss here, but basically you can create systems to make your game earn and be profitable but there are other systems that go beyond that and try to squeeze the last ammount of money they can, until they cant anymore. so the EA model

#7 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 10:10 PM

We told them these things before 2018 already and they didnt give a -_-, the only thing left is enjoying how this game slowly but steady dies because no new player want to subject themselves to this trash game RO has become over the past 10 years. 

#8 Biosphia

Biosphia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 06:09 AM

Idk man, they may not be OP but we have a bunch of very powerful itens ingame right now

Automatic Armor

King Schimdt accessories

Revamp Thanatos Tower accessories

COGH hats

Einbech 3 Weapons

Odin Past Armors

The thing is that you need to actually put some work to make them good, you won't just simply slap a Soutane and expect it to do all the work.

People are too lazy to farm when they can just go to the op bs 10k%dmg armor or whatever. It's up to you to use or not these itens,

#9 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1486 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 27 February 2024 - 08:23 AM

To be honest these are the kind of answers that you expect from junkies defending their drugs don't expect serious answer in this forum OP, you seriously can't save this server, also it's funny how they added gear of JRO when JRO use different stats than KRO servers or our servers, just look at JRO woe, their WOE scene is alive while in here no one wants to do it because of balance, my suggestion is give those junkies what they want if they want someone to cash them so be it let the cows be milked, after all you can always use other kind of "services" in 2024, or even host your own "services".

Edited by 6773131031232342973, 27 February 2024 - 08:23 AM.

#10 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 01:19 PM

Surprisingly the in game items do have certain items stronger than the shop variants. Most of the time though, it's because the shop doesn't have the variants yet lol.

Though some case examples is Scythe of Ice and Flame is the best for leveling and survivability but just the older Awakened Meteor Striker with proper cards actually deals more damage/higher DPS. Bio5 Hats still remains the strongest hats for a lot of classes out there as well vs most hats available in shop.

I don't like the current system we have but there are still useful gear out there that's not purchasable with KP.

Edited by Quoc, 27 February 2024 - 01:23 PM.

#11 9799231216113311130

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 04:20 AM

Basically farm for 100+ hours, sell the items you farmed for, hope you dont receive any illegitimate zeny, go about buying what you can with what little zeny you made for the 100+ hours of time you spent. Rinse and repeat lol....

If you grind for 100+ hours, rack up a bunch of etc stuff to sell for good $$$ and then get illegitimate zeny and get banned, then GG with everything.

#12 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2024 - 12:17 PM

The most efficient way to advance in this game isn't by playing it. Get a second job and just use that money to advance. You could spend like 3 months at 8 hours a day farming z to get a single top end equip from the OCP's, or work 4-5 hours for one day at a part time job and just buy it (I'm in the US, your mileage may vary). But the question becomes, after you get all the BIS gear, then what? 1 click everything gets boring fast. MVP gears are terrible. WoE, don't make me laugh. Even the farmable/enchantable stuff in game are more gacha. Don't think about being the strongest thing in the iRO world, just play it for fun and enjoy the nostalgia feels. What will ultimately end this game is the lack of end game...or maybe Gamba is God...only time will tell.

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10887 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 March 2024 - 12:51 PM

Either farm in game to make zeny and use zeny to buy cash items, or farm in real life and swipe. iRO is 99.69% F2P. Once you get BIS items and MvP and PvM too ez for you. Time to test your might in WoE. Players aint dumb like AIs and it wont be ez. If you aint good, you get beaten. You also get -_- talked after too lol. So dont lose and make sure your gears are up to date with WoE meta and your teammates. WoE has always been the last end game which often is too difficult for casual players. -_- is messed up when rewards are horribad. Anyway, like in real life, most people dont like challenges, esp game is supposed to be ez and a quick escape from real world stresses.

Another option is to just play this game casually with friends, social goals. Game isnt worth it anyway with all the dupes and some people bot camping field MvPs  :ani_shy:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 05 March 2024 - 12:56 PM.

#14 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 01:15 PM

Either farm in game to make zeny and use zeny to buy cash items, or farm in real life and swipe. iRO is 99.69% F2P. Once you get BIS items and MvP and PvM too ez for you. Time to test your might in WoE. Players aint dumb like AIs and it wont be ez. If you aint good, you get beaten. You also get -_- talked after too lol. So dont lose and make sure your gears are up to date with WoE meta and your teammates. WoE has always been the last end game which often is too difficult for casual players. -_- is messed up when rewards are horribad. Anyway, like in real life, most people dont like challenges, esp game is supposed to be ez and a quick escape from real world stresses.

Another option is to just play this game casually with friends, social goals. Game isnt worth it anyway with all the dupes and some people bot camping field MvPs  :ani_shy:

You mean 99.69% P2W lol. It's not free to play in the sense that for the most part, you cannot WoE half decent without paid shop items. If you can't do dungeons because almost nobody wants you along in the party because they're better off solo or 2-manning it. It's only free if you expect to stay at the lower content forever. With that said, it's a business, I get that they have to make money with what little player base they have.

So I'm not going to fault them with using KP to keep the game running. At least nowadays updates are frequent, your money is going into something that's helping the game.

So all in all, if you're locked out of the game's recent/current contents because you're not spending money, it's basically no longer a f2p game. If you want to get "literal", yes it's free to play. Literal, however, is a poor way to determine context and situations.

Edited by Quoc, 05 March 2024 - 01:18 PM.

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10887 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 March 2024 - 01:30 PM

You mean 99.69% P2W lol. It's not free to play in the sense that for the most part, you cannot WoE half decent without paid shop items. If you can't do dungeons because almost nobody wants you along in the party because they're better off solo or 2-manning it. It's only free if you expect to stay at the lower content forever. With that said, it's a business, I get that they have to make money with what little player base they have.

So I'm not going to fault them with using KP to keep the game running. At least nowadays updates are frequent, your money is going into something that's helping the game.

So all in all, if you're locked out of the game's recent/current contents because you're not spending money, it's basically no longer a f2p game. If you want to get "literal", yes it's free to play. Literal, however, is a poor way to determine context and situations.

Thanks for a fair, well constructed input, which doesnt come by often hahaha. Well you're right. Though, you cant do dungeons with F2P? I thought it's possible but it will just take more times. This is when you go with your discord friends. Get on voice and talk random funny dorky things while doing PvM instances together. You absolutely dont have to be the best to enjoy the game. 

#16 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for a fair, well constructed input, which doesnt come by often hahaha. Well you're right. Though, you cant do dungeons with F2P? I thought it's possible but it will just take more times. This is when you go with your discord friends. Get on voice and talk random funny dorky things while doing PvM instances together. You absolutely dont have to be the best to enjoy the game. 

I'd say you can do certain older dungeons while being free to play. Recent ones? You'll sooner run out of pots before the MvP dies but with a big party of f2p, probably doable. Though this comes with the issue that since most people are P2W at this point and would rather solo, that option is is almost non-existent. Which then basically shuts the f2p option for that dungeon off to f2p folks and becomes a p2w.

As for high end content, there are definitely situations that's basically designed around OCP. If you didn't have OCP gear, you'd have 0% chance of completing, some of it requires multiple OCP users. Basically any MvP that has a time limit and extremely huge damage reduction.

At the end of the day though, the game is all about what you want out of it. I'm no longer at an age where I can farm 24/7 in game, so F2P for me basically doesn't exist. I can't F2P IRL so I have to devote more of that time to making money there instead of in this game lol. I personally like messing around with builds so it doesn't get stale for me at least, not yet anyways.

Being the strongest isn't even a priority but not being weak is.

Edited by Quoc, 05 March 2024 - 01:51 PM.

#17 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 09:31 PM

charging thousands of dollars to take part in an endgame thats boring and unfun is disgusting, hillarious tho that enough people think its a good deal to keep WP afloat.

#18 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3584 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 08:44 AM

Welp staffs gotta earn $$$ to feed them families. All they gotta do in return is give ppls sumthin in return like fixin bugs and stuff like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users