Scammed for 10b. just wanted to post here - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Scammed for 10b. just wanted to post here

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Enkiadu

Enkiadu

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 09:05 AM

scammed out of 10b trying to buy Full Penetration Mix Box.  I am pretty new back to the game after a year break and this is the highest value trade I've ever done.  I probably made some mistakes in overall protocol.  I took screenshots though and have a private chat with myself and the other person agreeing to the deal and screenshots of confirmation as the B are paid.

I mainly just wanted to make this post to say that I shouldn't even have to do all this and then still have to get scammed and hope GM can give my zeny back. 20 years on this game and play for music and nostalgia, but it's hard to be excited for anything ragnarok related after this.  RIP

anyway I sent in the ticket with the screenshots I have and we will see what happens.  the funnies thing is when I came back the the game earlier this month I made a post here about why hasn't ragnarok implemented a safer way to trade multi B zeny.   I guess I saw the future haha.

I know some people are gonna call me a moron for getting scammed, but I was hoping to have fun playing this game.  I really enjoy doing trading and market stuff.  doing refines for people. I don't know where the line of fun stops if I have to go through excessive protocol to not even prevent a scam, but merely have proof that scam occurred and hope it's enough proof for the GM.

#2 Cataskung

Cataskung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 02:18 PM

If you have valid evidence, you'll get your zeny back although it depends on which GM takes care of your request. Some work faster than others.

I suggest next time you record the transaction instead of taking screenshots. Hope you get your zeny back.

#3 Enkiadu

Enkiadu

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 04:41 PM

I understand what you're saying but I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to still get scammed and hope GM helps me. Not to mention this is all stuff I know from the community. I haven't seen any official post explaining how to safely trade in game.

What more could they possibly need besides screenshots of both parties agreeing to the deal and screensboys of written confirmation of each b sent and screenshots of the trade screen in game

#4 HickV

HickV

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2024 - 05:22 PM

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, was attempting to buy an item for 4b and then at the last trade the scammer just logged off and ran away with my zeny. 
I wonder if it's the same person that's been doing those scams around the eden group, I also believe the stolen zeny would most likely be sold on the "Black Market" of RMT and the unfortunate person that purchases those dirty zenies will more than likely be banned whilst the scammer will run away with their irl money...

I feel so dumb falling for it but at the same time I was so excited that I didn't pay attention to the red flags.

Those are the things you should always take note when dealing with strangers at eden:

- Is their char low level and seems to be brand new?

Ask if they have a higher level char to proceed with the trade. 

- Can they show the item you're purchasing on trade window? Or does it only work when linked through the chat?

Always ask to see the item on trade window before trading zeny, as there's a fault that scammers exploit related to linking items on chat.

- Lastly always remember to record every step of the trade with the replay feature available in-game.

In addition to that always tick the "take a screenshot of trade" box at the bottom of the transaction window and try to take screenshots of the whole conversation with the seller.

I really hope WP works on increasing the zeny limit that characters can hold/trade, as well as banning scammers IP as opposed to just banning their accounts... Because they can always create a new one and keep on scamming endlessly ._.

Edited by HickV, 30 April 2024 - 05:25 PM.

#5 aKuRa

aKuRa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2024 - 05:23 PM

Screenshots and chat's text always work.

So, as long as is clear that you were scammed, you can only wait for them to resolve it.
---
You can try join the unofficial discord where people can help with these kind of deals

#6 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2024 - 12:46 AM

Keep us updated, hope u get the zeny back :/

#7 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 01 May 2024 - 08:34 AM

anyway I sent in the ticket with the screenshots I have and we will see what happens.  the funnies thing is when I came back the the game earlier this month I made a post here about why hasn't ragnarok implemented a safer way to trade multi B zeny.   I guess I saw the future haha.

Because kRO and other servers never have anything that cost more than 1B (or have way around to register your item to sell and let GM handle it). If an item cost more than 1B and it's not requiring GM assistant to trade then the server is not healthy. If I play for nostalgia I won't get tempted with meta items that potentially can scam you...

#8 redred

redred

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2024 - 08:47 PM

I got scammed 2 months ago, took 2 weeks to get my zeny back with my screen shot. And guess what the GM not banned the scammer , i saw the char in eden trying scam again n again. I am not sure why GM wont ban the scammer, its like toxic and will destroy game soon, and you will encourage others to try scam players, since GM wont do anything. Maybe the scammer related to GM

#9 Enkiadu

Enkiadu

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2024 - 12:33 AM

hello everyone I just wanted to update that I did get my zeny back from the GM's!  thanks for that GMs.  Also to warn people there may be another scammer in eden right now trying to sell a box. it was a similar experience as last time. person was low level and didn't have a discord so I didn't do the trade.  be careful everyone.

#10 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 May 2024 - 06:53 PM

hello everyone I just wanted to update that I did get my zeny back from the GM's!  thanks for that GMs.  Also to warn people there may be another scammer in eden right now trying to sell a box. it was a similar experience as last time. person was low level and didn't have a discord so I didn't do the trade.  be careful everyone.

Feel you! And glad for you. 

Although it takes so long to get your zeny back, it is still good you can have it ready for your gameplay. Want to let you know that there are people still caring your situation/case since it is about the good of the game we chose. 

I also hesitate to trade for high amount because of being tired of waiting for GM/ticket for some normal gameplay issues. It is kinda funny that, players need to do extra step to complete the normal game item trading.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users