PitaBread

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNone of Yo buisness !
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Server is still down. An update this unoriginal shouldn't take 11 hours, Rose should hire more advanced developers and notice what the players are saying in the forums and embrace their opinions to form decisions on a better aspect for both sides, something the players like and something the moderaters can enjoy aswell.

#152 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

What does this mean for my storage expansion coupons? useless now? can you make those atleast be able to use the first additional IM tab? Since the tab they were for is now free.

Who know's maybe you did, but I doubt it.

#153 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

What does this mean for my storage expansion coupons? useless now? can you make those atleast be able to use the first additional IM tab? Since the tab they were for is now free.

Who know's maybe you did, but I doubt it.

@Rooster, they are not useless. The original Storage Expansion coupons will work for ItemMall Tab 1, only.

#154 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

Excellent.

Yes Yes did not want to look through 7 pages, thanks.

#155 Corvus

Corvus

Guard Captain

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • LocationGravity CS Room
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

Servers are back up. You should now be able to log in. Sorry for the wait folks, but it should be worth it. :P

#156 ValkyrieMists

ValkyrieMists

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

heh wait till you write a pong game in basic, now theres dead lingo.

ROFL @ pong and basic. been there... done that. hehe.

#157 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

From what I can tell nothing was deleted, but I'm not sure. :P

-This occured when dragging an item into Item Mall tab, Then taking it out and putting it back in.

I dont know where during those 3 steps it happened.

Edited by jagz, 20 January 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#158 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:19 AM

I recall alot of people asking to implent RRE into R.O.S.E. Online.

Now they finally do this and they're immediatly being accused of plagiarism :P

Right...

I think you still don't get the meaning of plagiarism. I am not saying I dislike the update, I do like it. I'm happy it is finally implemented into the standard client. However, to find out they took features of RRE and used them in their own client, you have to browse through this thread to find Rescudo's name mentioned... slightly.
Plagiarism is using someone else's work or idea's and presenting it as your own, without giving any credits to the original creator.

I'll give it a rest. I think the GMs have already put me on their ignore list :P

#159 IHasTEEF

IHasTEEF

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Location*lurks under your bed*

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

You supposedly fixed the cherry berry pie crush npc dialogue, but I can not even find the npc anymore. Uh-oh?

#160 SolidPhoeniX

SolidPhoeniX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:43 AM

You supposedly fixed the cherry berry pie crush npc dialogue, but I can not even find the npc anymore. Uh-oh?

That's the fix!

#161 IHasTEEF

IHasTEEF

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:16 AM

That's the fix!

D: I bet...

#162 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

I think you still don't get the meaning of plagiarism. I am not saying I dislike the update, I do like it. I'm happy it is finally implemented into the standard client. However, to find out they took features of RRE and used them in their own client, you have to browse through this thread to find Rescudo's name mentioned... slightly.
Plagiarism is using someone else's work or idea's and presenting it as your own, without giving any credits to the original creator.

I'll give it a rest. I think the GMs have already put me on their ignore list :P

Plagiarism would be taking the binaries created by Rescudo in their current form and incorporating it verbatim, then claiming it as our own work. Implementing features in a white boxed environment which are standard in any modern MMORPG would not be considered plagiarism.

Regardless, we are happy that Rescudo has decided to continue maintaining RRE and hope he continues to do so (as there are features which will likely never be implemented officially that RRE currently provides), however we will not let that hinder our own development schedule and continue to implement features that every ROSE player can benefit from.

#163 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:39 AM

Two of the things i have hoped for, are finally here.
Extra storage i was past desperate for.
RRE, im glad to see some of its features in the main game, for all to benefit from.
I hope Rescudo is happy and proud to see some features moved over (heck i know i would, but what do i know, afterall im just a noob)

#164 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:00 AM

Above that, if you read Rescudo's last post. He even removed some of RRE's features because they got implented into R.O.S.E. Online. This could indicate that he has no troubles of having Gravity implent features which RRE already contains.

#165 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

@gEddeh That's an assumption you make. The features got removed in RRE since they were available in the standard client, thus making those features of RRE useless.

@Genesis I'm not so sure about what you're saying Gen. Close imitation is also considered as plagiarism, regardless how it was created. These features might indeed be rather standard in most MMORPGs, I would not know, ROSE is the only one I play. Rescudo remains quiet so I assume he indeed doesn't mind his ideas being implemented into the standard client. Still, everyone knows where these new features suddenly came from and not mentioning RRE or Rescudo in the patchnotes seemed rather disrespectful towards Rescudo, in my opinion.
I'm glad to finally get a response from a teammember though. Hopefully you've also looked at my other posts and will pass on (or even fix) the bugs I've reported.

As a reward, I have even found another (minor) bug in the latest patch :P

To clarify a few of the concerns about the emote text macros:

- Invoking a macro will not interupt or play the animation if the player is moving or attacking.

This does not apply to players driving in a cart. There won't be an animation, but the cart will stop moving. I'm guessing this will be the same for CG.

#166 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

As a reward, I have even found another (minor) bug in the latest patch :P
This does not apply to players driving in a cart. There won't be an animation, but the cart will stop moving. I'm guessing this will be the same for CG.

Thanks for that, I've corrected this for the next patch so that emote skills don't interfere with Cart and Castle Gear when moving or attacking.

#167 AllTheWay

AllTheWay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

Yup..
I was able to grab a few pies from her, and then she disappeared and "teleported" to another part of the map.
I continued to track her down and she teleported between 3 different spots.
But now, I can't find her anywhere.. searched all over the map several times. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_banghead.gif

#168 IHasTEEF

IHasTEEF

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Yup..
I was able to grab a few pies from her, and then she disappeared and "teleported" to another part of the map.
I continued to track her down and she teleported between 3 different spots.
But now, I can't find her anywhere.. searched all over the map several times. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_banghead.gif

She's shifty, that Anya... :[

#169 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

She's shifty, that Anya... :[

darn tootin she is disappeared again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic