What happened to the community? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What happened to the community?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 blademyth

blademyth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

I just started playing again yesterday, and to my surprise during the 3~4 hours I was trying to do F4 Hook runs I saw only like 3~5 people (this was at like 8 PM EST,) so has a lot of the people that use to play this left?

#2 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

Were you in the level recommended channel (2)?

#3 HiRyan

HiRyan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 901 posts
  • LocationIn your pants
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

If you go to the recommended channel maybe you'll find parties.

#4 Svelata

Svelata

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Sometimes its really easy and sometimes its really hard.

#5 blademyth

blademyth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

If you go to the recommended channel maybe you'll find parties.

Yes, I did go to the recommended channel, and there was no one there.

#6 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

One instance does not speak for a mass generality. People weren't on or near there when you were--simple as that.

#7 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

And 8 EST is when BSQ starts, dude.

#8 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

To be fair, people that level can't join BSQ. However, take into account the amount of alts that people are leveling and whatnot, and the general time, I think he made a silly mistake in turning to the famous "This game is dead!" opinion.

#9 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

To be fair, people that level can't join BSQ. However, take into account the amount of alts that people are leveling and whatnot, and the general time, I think he made a silly mistake in turning to the famous "This game is dead!" opinion.

Did you agree or not agree? lol. It sounds like you said no incorrect and then wait you're correct.

But he said hookah. and most people realize that you can lvl fast in this game. And people do have a lot of alts for farming. right now i got 2. but i need like 4-5 total, lol.

#10 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Did you agree or not agree? lol. It sounds like you said no incorrect and then wait you're correct.

But he said hookah. and most people realize that you can lvl fast in this game. And people do have a lot of alts for farming. right now i got 2. but i need like 4-5 total, lol.

Not necessarily either--there's shades of gray between black and white. What I'm saying is that, while I agree that he's being silly, BSQ might not be the sole reason. However, I thought of some points that would help support the BSQ argument such has having alts and leaving those alts to go on their mains to do BSQ.

#11 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

Not necessarily either--there's shades of gray between black and white. What I'm saying is that, while I agree that he's being silly, BSQ might not be the sole reason. However, I thought of some points that would help support the BSQ argument such has having alts and leaving those alts to go on their mains to do BSQ.

I see what you mean.

#12 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

I've found most people to be active at around 3pm EST and right after BSQ.

#13 Darel

Darel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:08 AM

I found a party at Atoo yesterday... It was like :P

#14 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

I found a party at Atoo yesterday... It was like :P

That's strange that you're surprised--I just leveled a ranger into a gren and spent a great deal of time at Atoo with an abundance of people to party with.

#15 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

I usually find that Ahtoo is nearly always empty, but I think nothing of it because Rokko is always packed.

#16 Darel

Darel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

That's strange that you're surprised--I just leveled a ranger into a gren and spent a great deal of time at Atoo with an abundance of people to party with.

Yeah but last time I checked Atoo was when we were with THQ :P

#17 blademyth

blademyth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

I didn't say this game is dead, I never believe a game is truly dead till the service is discontinued, but I didn't see anyone in Port of Wind and at the channel select the bars were not that high, which made me assume the populous shrunk.

Also, is it safe to assume that there are fansites that have more activity than the main ones (which is generally the case?)

Edited by blademyth, 25 January 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#18 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

I didn't say this game is dead, I never believe a game is truly dead till the service is discontinued, but I didn't see anyone in Port of Wind and at the channel select the bars were not that high, which made me assume the populous shrunk.

Also, is it safe to assume that there are fansites that have more activity than the main ones (which is generally the case?)

Forgive me for slipping you in with that bunch. I believe that the bars are not indicative of the population. Keep in mind we merged two servers into one--it's entirely possible that the "capacity" was increased, so to speak.

Also, I believe with Dragon Saga/Dragonica, the main sites are far more populated. The forums here and at IAH are very active in discussion and I have yet to find a fansite for it, let alone one that has the same activity.

#19 Jelliefishie

Jelliefishie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

I'm an old player as well (from THQ like...2009ish...), my first day back playing. And I have to agree with the OP, compared to back then there are way less people in the game. Not to say that it's dead and I can't find people to party with, because I do. But I do notice there are less people in town (Libra) and hanging around the mission map. There's less people running around the field too...I'd normally chalk that up to this new teleport/puff system (which is awesome!) but then I should still see tons of people in the towns n stuff. I was by the Valid Raeth mission map and in whatever channel level 40's go in :x Around 8pm EST.

#20 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

I'm an old player as well (from THQ like...2009ish...), my first day back playing. And I have to agree with the OP, compared to back then there are way less people in the game. Not to say that it's dead and I can't find people to party with, because I do. But I do notice there are less people in town (Libra) and hanging around the mission map. There's less people running around the field too...I'd normally chalk that up to this new teleport/puff system (which is awesome!) but then I should still see tons of people in the towns n stuff. I was by the Valid Raeth mission map and in whatever channel level 40's go in :x Around 8pm EST.

#21 JustinLe

JustinLe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

i believe most of everyone that left, left right after Thq decided to stop running dragonica. I beleieve dragonica was down like a month or two before warportal actually brought it back up again. So If i didnt play a game in a month or two id definitely would forget about it. Thats the case i believe happened to most old thq players.

#22 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

The game is dying, so everyone is quitting. Simple as that.

#23 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

lack of content/events

#24 Jelliefishie

Jelliefishie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Iiiiii have no idea what BSQ is :x It's 4am EST now, just stopped playing on and off since 8pm...I still stand by what I said earlier :D

#25 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

And your comments are helping the game get players so well! I applaud you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users