• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rinami

Rinami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

I've done some calculations to see which one I should remove later after I get a better weapon sometime next year...(or both if I feel like specialing an Loak), and at my current base matk(Based on base int only, lvl 60+ with 0 points) Staff mastery gave around equal matk, while also costing less sp and being more mp efficent.(Assumes both %s are off of base matk, and the int from focus gives 64matk flat and focus's int bonus does not also get multiplied, enhancement is not factored in)

I have two questions to ask if answerable though:
Do equip bonuses in int count towards base matk in the calculations?
Are the bonuses treated as natural or enchant bonuses in skill dmg calculations?

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

I've done some calculations to see which one I should remove later after I get a better weapon sometime next year...(or both if I feel like specialing an Loak), and at my current base matk(Based on base int only, lvl 60+ with 0 points) Staff mastery gave around equal matk, while also costing less sp and being more mp efficent.(Assumes both %s are off of base matk, and the int from focus gives 64matk flat and focus's int bonus does not also get multiplied, enhancement is not factored in)

I have two questions to ask if answerable though:
Do equip bonuses in int count towards base matk in the calculations?
Are the bonuses treated as natural or enchant bonuses in skill dmg calculations?

1. Yes. But in order for Staff Mastery to be truly worthwhile, you're going to have to stack massive amounts of Intelligence (we're talking 450+). Otherwise it's kind of a waste of skill points (unless you have tons of SF and therefore SP to blow).

2. I believe Focus, being an active skill, is treated as an enchant bonus, while Staff Mastery, being a passive skill (therefore simply adding to base MATK), is counted as a "natural" bonus. I can't say for certain, however, b/c I've never tested this in that much depth.

Edited by Rimmy, 24 January 2011 - 10:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users