Question about graphic card. Need fast respond! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about graphic card. Need fast respond!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Warmohher

Warmohher

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

Will this one flow on ATI 9200 SE? Mainly asking about pixel and vertex shaders. Thanks lads!:P

#2 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

RO will flow on just about any graphics card, on board or not. The game was playable on low end PCs 8 years ago. In fact, the older the graphics card, the better certain effects work in game (i.e. confuse which renders my screen frozen on a 9800GT; I have to turn effects of quick or I'm dead).

#3 Warmohher

Warmohher

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Ok. I read that this one req 2.0 PS and VS. 9200 SE operates 2.0 and 1.44(Vertex too low-.-) Anyway many thanks man^^

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

You do not have anything to worry about w/regards to graphics card specs being enough to run RO. RO consists of sprites on a rather primitive 3d background (that's part of the charm of RO, in the minds of many players), and is well within the capabilities of any graphics card made since "graphics card" meant something other than a small rectangular piece of paper with a drawing on it.

However, ATI Crossfire (I think that's what they call it - it's the feature that links multiple graphics cards together or something) is incompatible with RO. NVidia's comparable feature likewise tends to break RO. See the graphics problems thread if you end up encountering black screen or graphical artifact problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users