Drakos / Ice Continent Patch? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Drakos / Ice Continent Patch?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ThaMaster

ThaMaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

so IAH just got that patch last week, so i came out with these questions.

did Gpotato got that patch yet? because in their announcement page, they first talk about Drakos tower, then about paris strike back and again about drakos tower... so i wonder if they already have the ice continent?

i ask this question because i obviously know that our sever is the slowest one and im sure that we have to wait until Gpotato and IAH get the patch first. and i really hope that we can get the patch on the first quarter of this year.

Thanks!

#2 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

We are currently starting our internal testing for what is the Ice Age update, we are technically behind the other partners and probably over the next few months get much closer in sync with updates. More details about Ice Age will be shared next month.

#3 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

It was Posted on Gpotato forums that the patch would be out in "January." Don't know if they'll make it or not, because there's only a few days left of the month.

#4 Jozito

Jozito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro , Brasil

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

We are currently starting our internal testing for what is the Ice Age update, we are technically behind the other partners and probably over the next few months get much closer in sync with updates. More details about Ice Age will be shared next month.

hmm...but Drakos Tower, when will lauch? In few weeks or near to Ice Patch.

#5 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

hmm...but Drakos Tower, when will lauch? In few weeks or near to Ice Patch.

With or near the Ice Patch. (likely the former)

#6 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

Glad to hear we're going to be catching up a bit to the other versions -- a welcome change after spending so long so far behind them.

#7 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

With or near the Ice Patch. (likely the former)

That's so dumb.

drakos is meant to be content for level 65-70

why did you even bother to raise the cap if you're not going to give us the content?

#8 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

The SEA version just released chapter 3 about a couple days ago. I'm sorry if this is a repeat topic but i did try to find similar posts before posting this.

This might be a redundant question, but given the new circumstances, how long do you guys think it'll be before this version gets Chapter 3?

Month maybe less depending on testing... :angry: details will follow in the coming weeks!

Just wondering if this means that only information will be released next month about Ice Age or will the content be released?

#9 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

I think he means information, probably an estimated real release date and a preview.

IAH has had Drakos for a long time, keep in mind, they didn't just get it. I am unsure of Gpot's status but from what you say I assume they're similar to our situation. I am really looking forward to Drakos and wish it would be here sooner but then it'll be nice when we have a bunch of new content at once. Plus, when he says next month, January is nearing its end so it's not a hugely long time to wait. I'm excited for the upcoming patches.

I know this isn't the place and I hate to take advantage of a topic where a GM posts to ask questions, but have you guys decided on names for the new bosses? I was hoping we wouldn't use IAH's names and I posted a thread in the suggestions topic about it but I'd like to know what the team has come up with if they've started that yet.

#10 aires

aires

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationAustralia >:3

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:34 AM

I think he means information, probably an estimated real release date and a preview.

IAH has had Drakos for a long time, keep in mind, they didn't just get it. I am unsure of Gpot's status but from what you say I assume they're similar to our situation. I am really looking forward to Drakos and wish it would be here sooner but then it'll be nice when we have a bunch of new content at once. Plus, when he says next month, January is nearing its end so it's not a hugely long time to wait. I'm excited for the upcoming patches.

I know this isn't the place and I hate to take advantage of a topic where a GM posts to ask questions, but have you guys decided on names for the new bosses? I was hoping we wouldn't use IAH's names and I posted a thread in the suggestions topic about it but I'd like to know what the team has come up with if they've started that yet.

name the huge gigantic ice dragon "Aires" :angry:

#11 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

name the huge gigantic ice dragon "Aires" :angry:

You have my vote!

#12 aires

aires

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationAustralia >:3

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

You have my vote!

:3

#13 Darel

Darel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

i ask this question because i obviously know that our sever is the newest one and im sure that we have to wait until Gpotato and IAH get the patch first. and i really hope that we can get the patch on the first quarter of this year.

Fixed http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_petting.gif

#14 Vinsanity808

Vinsanity808

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

Ice Age patch comes in March, before summer at least. Since Winter in July seems a bit far fetched:blink::angry:....

#15 Frostwake

Frostwake

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Just wanna clarify that Gpotato was actually the first to come out with the "new" Drakos Tower, just one week after Paris Patch, back in June 2010

Drakos sucks btw, the only reason people do it is because there is nothing else for 65+, but with the Ice continent and the new F7 maps, no one will do Drakos anymore, its a waste of money

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

Just wanna clarify that Gpotato was actually the first to come out with the "new" Drakos Tower, just one week after Paris Patch, back in June 2010

Drakos sucks btw, the only reason people do it is because there is nothing else for 65+, but with the Ice continent and the new F7 maps, no one will do Drakos anymore, its a waste of money

Getting Zaharuant weapon is good. Also for some classes the Secmanthian is worth it if you don't have heirloom bone or other good sets. The 67 light set is also worth it.

#17 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Getting Zaharuant weapon is good. Also for some classes the Secmanthian is worth it if you don't have heirloom bone or other good sets. The 67 light set is also worth it.

What's Sexmanthian?

#18 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

What's Sexmanthian?

What brought us together. ;D

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

What brought us together. ;D

Awwwwwwww so precious. I could tear.

And Secmanthian is the level 67ish Drakos recepie set. You can look up the bonuses but defense-wise it isn't better than heirloom bone. However Secmanthian for invoukers makes a CD build for invokers possible. (5-part bonus: +100% CD I believe)

#20 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:14 AM

And Secmanthian is the level 67ish Drakos recepie set. You can look up the bonuses but defense-wise it isn't better than heirloom bone. However Secmanthian for invoukers makes a CD build for invokers possible. (5-part bonus: +100% CD I believe)

I thought it was level 70. o.o

#21 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

I thought it was level 70. o.o

It's not. It's, like, two pieces are 66, two are 67, and two are 68.

#22 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

It's not. It's, like, two pieces are 66, two are 67, and two are 68.

Oh. Maybe I was thinking about the weapon.

#23 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

It also lets us a do a 3/4 build w/ 4 Heirloom Bone pieces (including wings) and 3 Secmathian pieces for extra move speed + decent defense + 15% Aim Rate. Or, once we get the Ice Continent, a 3/4 build w/ some of those pieces, too.

Edited by Rimmy, 29 January 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#24 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

It also lets us a do a 3/4 build w/ 4 Heirloom Bone pieces (including wings) and 3 Secmathian pieces for extra move speed + decent defense + 15% Aim Rate. Or, once we get the Ice Continent, a 3/4 build w/ some of those pieces, too.

Never thought of it's use with mixing other sets. That sounds like a great combo Rimmy.

Drakos is a pain to go through. All 50 floors without scrolls is insane. Gaiden and Antares also have been given a massive healing over time making them even more difficult.

#25 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

Never thought of it's use with mixing other sets. That sounds like a great combo Rimmy.

Drakos is a pain to go through. All 50 floors without scrolls is insane. Gaiden and Antares also have been given a massive healing over time making them even more difficult.

Yeah, I think I'm going to go 3/4 with some ice pieces if I can manage to snag a decent blizzard muffler.

I remember hearing about Gaiden's ridiculous regen rate -- I'm actually looking forward to the challenge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users