• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 renoyin

renoyin

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:08 AM

haven't played ro in years and was thinking of making a high priest and wasn't sure what skill build to go with... is this bad? =/
http://web.hc.keio.a...smoqnqEeNmnqnJy

#2 Nyroeon

Nyroeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

Get Assumptio. It's the best HP skill. And for that, knock KE down to 4 unless you're hell-bent on KE supporting your guild in WoE. Basilica is useless from my experience, and you want at least sanc 7 or safety wall 7, and I'd recommend both. I'd knock Gloria and Mag down to 3 because that's the timing I'm used to on them, but if you absolutely have to have them 5, it's your choice.

As for aco skills, drop Angelus to 2-4 and GET agi up 10. You need it. Decrease agi is fun/kinda helpful for pulling mobs but not required.

Also, you 100% NEED meditatio level 10. It increases your SP and your heal amount and is a staple for HPs because you can get as low as 3x-4x int and still be a really good support (and some even have 1 int.)

EDIT: A rough build, but if you want to keep TU, I'd suggest this: http://web.hc.keio.a...qrnqnkebNmscAJy

Edited by Nyroeon, 10 August 2010 - 01:17 AM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:51 AM

Is that... an hp build without assumptio? o_O In fact, you managed to get only one HP skill - the absolute worst hp skill.

Assumptio is by far the most important HP skill. Generally what decides whether you need an HP or can use normal priest for a given map is whether you can survive there without assumptio.

You also need sanctuary 7. It's a basic HP skill that everyone expects you to have. Safety wall 7 (or better yet, 10) is very important as well. Meditatio is another essential skill - So you think you don't need the extra SP/heal? Fine, then, get meditatio and back off on the int to get more dex or vit...

Now, lets also look back to the basics for a moment. You have angelus 10 marked down, but only level 5 increase agi. Angelus is a useless skill, it only improves vit defense, when the majority of damage reduction in practice comes from armor defense. Level 10 increase agi on the other hand is a basic buff that all players will expect from you. Plus, level 10 will last the same amount of time as bless, so you don't have to independently track the duration of the two buffs. Get Angelus 5 and Agi 10

Bascillica is useless - have you read all the restrictions on it's use? You basically can't use it in any situation where it would have any benefit to you whatsoever. You can't use it as a wall, it doesn't effect bosses, you can't cast it if there's a monster in it when you finish casting, you can't shoot out of it... Why the hell would you get this skill? I know it looks like it's begging for an exploit, but some of the foremost exploiters have gotten it on HP's to try to find tricks with it, and come up empty handed (and 2 neuralizers poorer).

You still need a whole bunch of HP points though - 22 to be exact.

You're going to drop bascillica to get 5 of those, and then get KE 4 instead of 10 - now you're down to 11 points.

Then you're going to need to lose TU, and 1 point from either gloria or magnificat (neither of which need to be maxed).

If you need TU for leveling, you can get it early on, and then use a neuralizer and go to a more useful build. You generally will not do TU leveling past the low-mid 80's on a high priest (it gets too slow, and there are too many better party opportunities)

#4 Nyroeon

Nyroeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

Azzy, that's exactly what I said in so many words. ;(

#5 Ethel

Ethel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLa La Land!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

Wow, it's clearly true that when you are a High Priest, you need the awesum and the best skill ever: Assumptio!

I don't want to repeat what they said in different words so I suppose you should follow their suggestions. :)

#6 HealerRain

HealerRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:11 AM

Also don't make the same mistake as I did with my build and get low dex. I am full support build and the slow cast will annoy the hell out of you. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users