Reporting a few bots[screenshot intensive] - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Reporting a few bots[screenshot intensive]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Razilla

Razilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

My friend and I decided to pick out the bots on the map where we are leveling from (we still are leveling here). The screenshots below show the bots who were unresponsive to whatever we did (questioning, ksing, buffing, etc.). Note that I don't really know where to report players on this forum, but support is probably the most relevant.

*EDIT* Added a few more screens

This guy just started up his bot program again. Earlier he stood still for a while, then logged out. Then he logged back in and I questioned him. He gave me a reply saying "No" and I told him that I got proof that he was a botter. Then he laughed and walked away. Next time I saw him I took these screenies below. He's a botter.

As you can see here, after questioning this last female smith bot if she was in fact a bot, I got blocked by the spam prevention system. I find this funny, since I was helping to police this map by getting rid of the bots, yet I was the one that was punished (for questioning bots). I didn't even spam my keyboard macro, I let reasonable amounts of time to pass before I hit the macro again to question the bot. Dunno how the spammers in town do it, but innocent people like us get the most harm out of all this :angry:

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 January 2011 - 06:31 AM.
Please do not post screenshots of players accused of ill-mannered behavior.

#2 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Hello my guildy! http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/042.gif To report bots you're supposed to "put in a ticket" Here: https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

Good work on the bot hunt :angry:

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

These need to be sent to the GM team via a support ticket. The GMs do not handle bot reports sent through forums, and somewhere it says that you're not supposed to post screenshots of players accused of illmannered actions (it tends to cause a lot of drama)

Also, when reporting bots, try to do so WITHOUT alerting the bot owner to the fact that they'vebeen reported. If a bot owner thinks that they have been reported, they may be more vigilant about watching their bot, and hence be able to respond when the GM bot-tests them.

#4 Razilla

Razilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

These need to be sent to the GM team via a support ticket. The GMs do not handle bot reports sent through forums, and somewhere it says that you're not supposed to post screenshots of players accused of illmannered actions (it tends to cause a lot of drama)

Also, when reporting bots, try to do so WITHOUT alerting the bot owner to the fact that they'vebeen reported. If a bot owner thinks that they have been reported, they may be more vigilant about watching their bot, and hence be able to respond when the GM bot-tests them.

Thanks for the info! I'll be more wary next time, and continue my bot hunts >:D

Edited by Razilla, 28 January 2011 - 04:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users