Dragon Saga JOIN NOW! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Saga JOIN NOW!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Vinsanity808

Vinsanity808

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

I havent seen any advertisement for this game at all. I see all those semi-fail web based MMOs everywhere yet nothing on Dragon Saga.

#2 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

In my honest opinion, it would be nice for some advertizements for this game.
I would totally play, its just to unpopular, and takes ages to find parties anymore at low levels.

#3 Alleluja

Alleluja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationOn top of the world!
  • Server:The only f*in server!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

I agree, the 5x range is also hard to find parties in. A lot of people I've met plan to stay 4x and the 6x crowd is busy playing Idle Saga.
I, for one, am tired of Sitaroundanddonothing Saga, and the occasional game of Chat Saga. Probably gonna take a break for a while and let things pick up.

Please do some advertising. This really is one of the best MMO's I've ever played, and it is sad to watch it tank.

God speed, Warp Poral and Gravity inc. ....god speed.

#4 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

#5 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

^I guess Grav has been working on it after all, lol.

#6 Li0nheart

Li0nheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

I showed yurai this lol, cus I have shonen jump. I was surprised too when I saw it the first time.

#7 Lispe

Lispe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSecret xD

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

:D

#8 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

I'm so mad! Advertise this game, guys! Do it!!

Oh, you did?

Oh, okay then.

#9 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

Though gravity advertised the game on magazine, yet not all of us have access to it.

A better form of advertising would be an online one :D
Because majority of people spend their time browsing the net now, rather than reading magazines (I do not deny that people read mags)!

#10 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:...

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Gameinformer had some.

#11 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:16 AM

Though gravity advertised the game on magazine, yet not all of us have access to it.

A better form of advertising would be an online one :D
Because majority of people spend their time browsing the net now, rather than reading magazines (I do not deny that people read mags)!

Where are you getting that statistic from? How are you sure it's accurate? I can easily claim that most people have ad block on and wouldn't be able to view online ads, thus rendering them useless and a waste of money.

#12 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

Lets all go on ms and advertise there :D

steal their players npnp

#13 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

Wow they ACTUALLY advertised in magazines! This blows my mind, yet makes me very, very happy.

#14 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

Where are you getting that statistic from? How are you sure it's accurate? I can easily claim that most people have ad block on and wouldn't be able to view online ads, thus rendering them useless and a waste of money.

yurai hate: if people are blocking ads, how do sites stay active? who's paying for them if not the advertisers? you can easily claim that the few friends you have are blocking ads, most people really dont care either way.

on topic: i think newgrounds would be a more effective area for advertisement than magazines... any game that advertises there automatically has an explosive population increase

#15 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

yurai hate: if people are blocking ads, how do sites stay active? who's paying for them if not the advertisers? you can easily claim that the few friends you have are blocking ads, most people really dont care either way.

on topic: i think newgrounds would be a more effective area for advertisement than magazines... any game that advertises there automatically has an explosive population increase

Who are you to claim that only a "few friends" are blocking ads? Of course, there's the huge number of computer illiterate people who don't even know that a browser besides IE exists, but who's to say that it is accurately the majority of people?

#16 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

Who are you to claim that only a "few friends" are blocking ads? Of course, there's the huge number of computer illiterate people who don't even know that a browser besides IE exists, but who's to say that it is accurately the majority of people?

im not saying the majority of people are computer illiterate, im saying that of the people who know how to navigate the web, not that many people block ads because its just as easy as ignoring them, instead of taking time to take measures to block them.

btw nice comprehension, i said "the few friends that you have" not "a few of your friends"

#17 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

I agree. Any sort of site that people go to when they are bored and has something do with cartoons/anime and gaming is a great place to advertise.

#18 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

half of the playerbase is running on pentium 4's, ad space probably shouldn't be threatened by their ingenuity.

#19 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

half of the playerbase is running on pentium 4's, ad space probably shouldn't be threatened by their ingenuity.

Wow, running DS on a P4 would suck :/

#20 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Whats IE? My AOL signs me into my high speed DSL just fine.

#21 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

im not saying the majority of people are computer illiterate, im saying that of the people who know how to navigate the web, not that many people block ads because its just as easy as ignoring them, instead of taking time to take measures to block them.

btw nice comprehension, i said "the few friends that you have" not "a few of your friends"

i'm computer illiterate :D but my browser automatically blocks all ads. There was more effort on my part to UNBLOCK ads -__-;;

#22 ATG4u

ATG4u

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

I am usually one of the first people to complain about a lack of advertising by Gravity, but a while ago I thought about it, and realized Gravity doesn't really tell us when/where they advertised the game, so I (as a recluse) have no real way of knowing about their advertising attempts. Hence I dropped that issue in the general case (I stopped simply spouting 'Advertise more!').

I am also usually near the front of the line of people giving Yurai a hard time, but it seems fair to say that Gravity is trying to advertise the game, at least on paper.
Though as far as internet advertising and press releases, I think they could do more.

For the few sites I know of:
http://www.youtube.c...achinimaTrailer [or Machinima] (Huge VG and MMO community on YouTube, nothing pertaining to Dragon Saga)
http://www.vgchartz.com/ (Huge VG and MMO community, Dragon Saga not listed)
http://www.rpgamer.com/ (RPG and MMORPG community, Dragon Saga not listed)
http://www.mmorpg.com/ (MMO community, Dragon Saga not listed)
http://www.fileplanet.com/ (MMO community, Dragon Saga not listed)
http://kotaku.com/ (rather extensive gaming community, has never mentioned Dragon Saga)
http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Dragon-Saga (Listed, but most recent press release -> October 2010 for "open testing phase")

IMHO: Hire an internet publicist (if you haven't already), compile a list of sites to send press releases to, send a publicist/representative to a few game shows, and get the messages to the right websites. Gravity is a serious company with plenty of clout and a history of managing games pretty well; Ragnarok online still being alive while the thousands of clones are all dead is a clear indication of that fact.

Edited by ATG4u, 31 January 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#23 slave2midna

slave2midna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

You know, everyone of us could try to advertise. If we want the population to increase so bad, why not pitch in the effort? I know I've gotten 10 of my close friends to play, even got a guild started with most of them. That's 10 people, that could invite 5-10 more people, who in turn end up doing the same thing. You could post links on Facebook, or check out other message boards and throw it in your signatures? I mean there is a lot we can do as players to get the word out there too. No need to be hostile when they are doing what they can - I'd like to see the game succeed - and we aren't helping by being un-supportive of what WP is trying do. Just input - imma plaster my Facebook with stuff, and possibly work on local advertising with some friends in the industry.

The net...a beautiful thing. ^.^

#24 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

Tempted to shove ads into manga books at the library.

#25 slave2midna

slave2midna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

Tempted to shove ads into manga books at the library.

Win!

That's all I have to say in regards to that idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users