WinterZecharai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCool guy place
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

What item appraisal basically does is act as a magnifier, right? So if you just had a magnfier with you, wouldn't that render the skill redundant ad a waste of skill points?

#2 fadendoh

fadendoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

yup its completely worthless. You are better off getting another level of enlarge weight limit. Unless you really wanna keep that 10z that a magnifier costs you are much better off not having item appraisal

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I always get it, because it saves me from having to think about managing supplies of magnifiers, and the other skills on the merchant tree are unnecessary on a serious char.

I did Pushcart 10, IWL 10, Mammo 10, vend 10, Appraisal, and DC7. If you need OC/DC, you can just make a job 20-something alt merchant. Obviously if you don't want to vend on this char you could drop that to get DC10 OC7.

Fadendoh, IWL is the second most important merchant skill to max. You should never be contemplating whether to get something else or another level of IWL (i'm speaking from the perspective of final build, though, not the order you get them in). Weight limit is a huge deal, and no matter how much weight limit you have, it's never enough, and you're always forced to go back to town for supplies more often than you'd like to.

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 February 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

For a main character merchant, I would recommend:
10 increase weight limit
10 pushcart
10 mammo
10 DC
1 appraisal
rest into vending

Mostly because it's probably better to have an alt account vendor than an alt account DC character, because alt account DC character requires much greater transfer of items. Also it can be annoying on a main character to mix vending items with usable items in your cart.

I mean, technically, yes, appraisal is a waste of points, but the key skills on a main merchant are weight limit and pushcart.

The most useless skill is OC. It's best to keep most all misc items as opposed to NPCing them, because you will never get much money from the NPC and they could possibly be used in an event or something.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

I got it for my Merchant since I'm usually dumping all my stuff on her anyhow. Might as well let her appraise everything instead of buying bunches of magnifying glasses. Of course, that's after I max out Weight Limit and Pushcart, since those are most important for any Merchant.

#6 WinterZecharai

WinterZecharai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCool guy place
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

I see......thank you for your input.

I honestly was going to try to max out OC and DC, and not necessarily focus on IWL(Weight hasn't gotten in my way so far, and we do get pushcarts). Probably would max pushcart, maybe mammonite. I'd max out Buying shop, and maybe not quite max out vending. And I'd ge CR and mayb CU. That's was my idea for my build, at least.

The thing is, I'm not really in to making a bunch of different alts and characters that only serve one small purpose, So I try to take an "all purpose" approach to my character.

Anyway, thank you all for responding.

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

Buying shop is a quest skill, you can't put points into it.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

I see......thank you for your input.

I honestly was going to try to max out OC and DC, and not necessarily focus on IWL(Weight hasn't gotten in my way so far, and we do get pushcarts). Probably would max pushcart, maybe mammonite. I'd max out Buying shop, and maybe not quite max out vending. And I'd ge CR and mayb CU. That's was my idea for my build, at least.

The thing is, I'm not really in to making a bunch of different alts and characters that only serve one small purpose, So I try to take an "all purpose" approach to my character.

Anyway, thank you all for responding.

If weight hasn't gotten in your way yet, you havn't gotten very far into leveling. The weight limit gets really painful later on; I consider IWL and Pushcart to be the two must-max merchant skills.

OC isn't worth putting points into. Only a tiny fraction of your zeny will come from NPCing common loots unless you play on Ygg.

Buying Shop, Crazy Uproar, Cart Revolution and Cart Change are all quest skills. In order to get them you have to complete a (very) short quest, but they don't take skill points.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 February 2011 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users