Ranove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyrven

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

So, I was playing with the Talent Calculator a bit, and I wanted to get pointers on a good Archer PvE spec.

Lv. 30 Hunter Build

That's what I put together and am currently using, and I wanted some tips on what I should consider adjusting or re-doing.

4/5 - Rising Arrow: Because I noticed it took more time grouping mobs together to get this shot to actually hit the maximum number of enemies level 5 allotted, then I felt it was worth. So I dropped the 1 point for the extra height and called it good.

4/5 - Anti-Air Shot: Didn't see the need to max this if Rising Arrow wasn't maxed.

Edited by Ranove, 06 February 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#2 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

My take:

Ditch both masteries; the bonuses might as well not exist at mid-high levels. And they're a huge point-sink.

If you're in such need of launches, invest more in relaunch than rising arrow. Wolf and missile are gonna end up knocking everything down, and the hit window on RA is really, really tiny (i.e. it's not usually gonna hit more than ~3 enemies).

Any points you have in bleed should be put in Acid and/or netbind (purely for PvP purposes, coz that skill branch isn't all that useful in PvE).

Hmm, other than that, I'd advise looking into Multi shot, at least at the hunter stage. Couple that with Hallucination, and you can do a lot of burst damage to bosses in little time. Honestly, though, you'd be pretty much fine using whatever build you find enjoyable at that stage in the game. When you hit Pathfinder and Sentinel though, your options open up, and builds become a bit more important.

#3 Ranove

Ranove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

Thank you. That was really informative actually.

Helps me get an idea how the class plays.

Now when you say Both Masteries, do you mean both Attack Increase Masteries? Or Both Archer Masteries? Cuz you get a 3rd Mastery in the Hunter Tree that I took also.

Also I like Rocket For the Knockdown, but I'm wondering if its worth it to level? I do like Acid Arrow's quick attack rate, but I don't PvP much right now. So I'll skip it and save my points.

Once I hit 4x I'll be sure to ask around for some really nice Pathfinder Builds. Thank you soo much for the information, and if you have any other tips I'll gladly take them.

#4 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

Now when you say Both Masteries, do you mean both Attack Increase Masteries? Or Both Archer Masteries? Cuz you get a 3rd Mastery in the Hunter Tree that I took also.

Yeah, by that I meant Bow Mastery and Advanced Bow Mastery. I love Bird Watching :( Heh, sorry for the confusion.

Also I like Rocket For the Knockdown, but I'm wondering if its worth it to level? I do like Acid Arrow's quick attack rate, but I don't PvP much right now. So I'll skip it and save my points.

Most people leave it at 3, simply because that's the level where enemies are launched to the max height. And really, who's gonna AAS 16 enemies at once? I ditched it entirely (Just the prereq point for Wolfie) at Pathfinder though; you'll have many more, far superior launches by then.

Once I hit 4x I'll be sure to ask around for some really nice Pathfinder Builds. Thank you soo much for the information, and if you have any other tips I'll gladly take them.

You're welcome -_- There's really not all that much more to the class, really, just some little specifics you may have/haven't figured out yet.

#5 Ranove

Ranove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

Ok My Next attempt - level 33 build.

Still got 95 points left. I'm thinking about going down to get Hallucination? Or should I fill up some more skills?

Lets say I take Hallucination, should I aim to max it? Or cap it at a lower skill. Would I benefit from DMG reflection in the skill below it?

I was thinking also about saving them for a bit, and going with what I have.

What can you tell me about this new match-up?

Edited by Ranove, 09 February 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#6 HelpfulRay

HelpfulRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:00 AM

Ok My Next attempt - level 33 build.

Still got 95 points left. I'm thinking about going down to get Hallucination? Or should I fill up some more skills?

Lets say I take Hallucination, should I aim to max it? Or cap it at a lower skill. Would I benefit from DMG reflection in the skill below it?

I was thinking also about saving them for a bit, and going with what I have.

What can you tell me about this new match-up?

Hmm, it depends what you're going for. If it's a pvp build, I wouldn't leave arrow shower at level 5. o_o I barely even use it for pve.Q_Q I left it at the minimum, but the flinch effect for pvp is nice. :0 if you're going the pvp build, you can also consider getting netbind.
Now about that relaunch. x_x I've tried out level 1 when i started the game, and the range did not amuse me. x_x The hit box was hard to get used to. >:0 Anyways, if you're going to skill reset at level 40, you can keep it in. :0 Then you can have 3 launch/relaunches for pvp. -_- Get rocket to level 3, lower arrow shower to 2.
As for hallucination, the extra evade rate may save your butt, but it's predominantly for pvp. because of the short duration(15 seconds) I wouldn't get the supporting buff that reflects damage. @_@

#7 Hawkstorm

Hawkstorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

PFs has too many launches. you wouldn't need them all. Source: losing to a pf because of launches everytime.

btw im a lv47 harle and I get launched every 5 seconds when I pvp a pf.

#8 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

PFs has too many launches. you wouldn't need them all. Source: losing to a pf because of launches everytime.

btw im a lv47 harle and I get launched every 5 seconds when I pvp a pf.

ehhh? no rp?

#9 Hawkstorm

Hawkstorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

Yea, im a decent rp user, only pfs run too fast and they avoid my rp alot. The few times I beat them was because I caught them off guard then stunlocked them to death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users