12 replies to this topic

#1 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

From what I've read, you get 1 slot per level of Freezing, and 1st job skills use 1 slot, 2nd job use 2, and 3rd job use 3, and Comet uses 5.

Is this correct, and if so, what determines how many slots you get? The iRO site just says that it varies by both job and skill level, irowiki is just copypasta of that, and Future Wiki just says it varies by skill level.

Does anyone know the exact mechanics of this?

#2 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

i cant remember the exact formula and cant find where it is, but was something like base lvl/15+ int/12+4*freezing spell lvl+2 (or some other random number, cant remember exactly)

Also cant remember the exact slots for each skill, but was something like mage:12, wizard:14, warlock:16, comet/Tv:24?... dunno exactly the amount, but with freezing spell lvl 0, you can freeze 2x warlock spells or 1 comet, with lvl 5 you can feeze 2 comets.

#3 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

suppose to be..
slots=<4+4*skill lv>+<BLv/15> + <Int/10>

bolts 7
earth spike,drian life 8
JT,TS,Water ball,heavens drive 9
wiz aoe 10
wl aoe 12
comet tv idk x.x(22? testing needed)

#4 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:08 AM

Yeah,. that was it XP, but we will have to wait till comet/tv books reach our server to test it =P (i hope to be 140 by then... been 130 since october/november u.u)

#5 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

-_-
iro is a low rate server T__T
you can do nothing w/o events..

#6 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:55 PM

Wow, I was way off... I probably have ancient info from somewhere.

Thanks for the help. :Emo_18:

#7 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Sorry to revive this topic but it is in line with my questions.

1. When you read/freeze one of the spells does it use up the spell book you had to buy?

2. What is the Casting time to read or memorize a spell? I figure it's going to be long like ECoat is but curious.

3. When you have multiple spells "Frozen", like lets say SG, LoV, and MS, how do you know which one will be released? Or is it just completely random?

4. When you Read the spell to memorize it and then release it will it only do the highest level you have learned?

Just want to know some of this before deciding if I am actually going to use this at all. I mean if you have to buy multiple books for the same spell it could get damn annoying.

#8 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

1 The spell book is not consumed.
2 It's a bit faster than EC but still i prefer to have sacrament on first before i cast it. There is a delay to recast it so it does take a couple minutes to refill before charging back into battle.
3 The last one you memorise will be released first.
4 Not sure and no way to test with my current skills.

#9 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

1 The spell book is not consumed.
2 It's a bit faster than EC but still i prefer to have sacrament on first before i cast it. There is a delay to recast it so it does take a couple minutes to refill before charging back into battle.
3 The last one you memorise will be released first.
4 Not sure and no way to test with my current skills.

Thanks Anko for the reply. Good to know it operates on a LIFO (Last In First Out, from my Magic The Gathering days.) type system for the releasing

Although I kind of think the best skill to use with this skill would be Storm Gust, Comet or Tetra Vortex. It's just that the other skills listed on the irowiki site seem less important to need quickly whereas these have the benefit of dealing MASSIVE damage and/or immobilizing enemies so you can charge up another spell.

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

Anyone know why JFrost and FMist are not readable ??? It seems this is the only element spells really left out. Chain, Crimson and Earth are all in why not the Cold skills?

#11 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

suppose to be..
slots=<4+4*skill lv>+<BLv/15> + <Int/10>

There was a discussion either on another thread, or on iRO wiki forum, but it seems this formula is outdated. The current number of slots looks to be much higher than what this formula predicts. I think people are still testing to try to determine what the current formula is though :dunno:

Anyone know why JFrost and FMist are not readable ??? It seems this is the only element spells really left out. Chain, Crimson and Earth are all in why not the Cold skills?

Reading is combined with Release. Release only works with ground-cast and target-cast skills (since you have to point and click with those). FM and JF are player-cast, so they don't require any sort of targeting.

Edited by Caelum, 29 June 2011 - 01:01 AM.

#12 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:58 AM

I think I'm going to take only level 1 when I get there, so I only memorize one spell at a time.

#13 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

Thanks Anko for the reply. Good to know it operates on a LIFO (Last In First Out, from my Magic The Gathering days.) type system for the releasing

Although I kind of think the best skill to use with this skill would be Storm Gust, Comet or Tetra Vortex. It's just that the other skills listed on the irowiki site seem less important to need quickly whereas these have the benefit of dealing MASSIVE damage and/or immobilizing enemies so you can charge up another spell.

Storm gust is definitely great to have on back up to flinch people (and often freezing them too). Earth strain is great too since the cooldown is long so you can store a few of those and it can be quite effective when the enemies are numerous as it strips their gear.

For levelling i store crimson rock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users