Cant seem to log back after D/C - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cant seem to log back after D/C

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

After i got an d/c earlier today i cant seem to log back on.
Other people are online and tracert doesnt seem to show anything weird.
I use windows 7, play from the Netherlands dont seem to have any other problems can log on anything else i tried except iRO.
I tried my other account, other servers same problem. It keeps telling me "failed to connect to server".
I tried changing my password to didnt help.
Allso its not the first time i have this issue it happens more often at random times.

Ay other things i could try?

Sorry for maybe bad english, not my first language.

Thanks.

#2 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

No one? I still cant log back, even after a fresh install. I am running the client as admin but that doesnt seem to make a difference.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

You're getting the error from the patch client, or from the game client (where you enter un/pass)?

It sounds like a network problem of some sort. Do you have any firewall software installed? Is windows firewall blocking Ragnarok? Are you on a college network or something where the admin might have blocked the ports RO uses?

#4 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

You're getting the error from the patch client, or from the game client (where you enter un/pass)?

It sounds like a network problem of some sort. Do you have any firewall software installed? Is windows firewall blocking Ragnarok? Are you on a college network or something where the admin might have blocked the ports RO uses?

The error is from the game client, i can patch fine. after i type my username/password theres a few secondsit tells me please wait and then it tells me failed to connect to server.
So i am not getting to the server select screen.
I have Norton firewall i alowed RO. I am not on a college network. And i played just fine before.
I was able to log in for like 1.5 hour and just d/ced again and same problem now :Emo_18:
I realy have no idea what to do, i allready reinstalled a few times, even made a new folder for Ro the last time, and that didnt realy work eighter.

Thanks for your help i try to tell you all info i can get.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

Do the "reality check" of disabling norton firewall (and windows firewall, if it's not already off because of norton firewall), to see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then you need to figure out why norton or windows firewall is blocking it most of the time, and fix it.

#6 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:36 AM

Windows firewall is off because of norton, and if i turn of norton firewall i still cant log on...

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

Windows firewall is off because of norton, and if i turn of norton firewall i still cant log on...

Okay, so it's something else.

This is a strange one.

#8 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Well i am on a home network, but it would still be strange i can play one moment and not the other wile nothing changed as far as i know.
Allso i can just log on anything else just fine, except the game i pay for and i want to play....

#9 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

Allso maybe good to know if i ping playragnarok.com the pings are about 180ms and no packet loss.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

I've got nothing - anyone else got any ideas?

#11 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

I allso send in a ticket, maybe they can sort out whats wrong. Playing the waiting game now.

Thanks for your time Azzy.

#12 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

Something Azzy cannot fix? :Emo_18: Impossible!

I doubt I can do anything to help, as I mostly answer things out of my own experiences but...

My little brother's laptop (and mine) have a program installed called "(LogMeIn)Hamachi", this is for making virtual private networks. However, it also creates an inactive local network on your computer whenever you boot windows (This happens even when the program itself is not even running/booted, it's a faulty setting). We found that on Windows 7 or Vista it (the network) sometimes caused this error to appear for Ragnarok and would also block other programs (like Warcraft 3) from finding the actual working network, even though normal borwsing would show no problems... Disabling the inactive network fixed it most of the times, unless there was something on with the servers (for me it's always called 'network 3').
I do not guarantee this is it, but sometimes when I can't connect I find this local hamichi network is still 'enabled' and disabling often fixes it.

Of course when you don't have hamachi on your computer all this does not apply. It might be worth checking your "network and sharing center" to see if there are any networks running that should not be running (any VPN's, as in my experience this MIGHT cause trouble). Just throwing it out there, you never know.

If that is not it, let's hope the GM's can help you via the ticket.

Edit: typo's

Edited by Chucklet, 11 February 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

So you had this hamachi crap preinstalled? What vendor made these laptops, so i can avoid buying from them?

#14 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

Thanks but i only have 1 network showing so i dont think thats it. Its starting to get more technical as my knowledge about PC's goes i guess. I havent tried to log in today yet i will try in a bit and hope it solved itself.
I did send a ticket allso have to check if i got an answer yet.

Thanks again guys :Emo_14:

Edit: i searched if i had Hamachi on my pc and thats not the case.

Edited by Karinj, 12 February 2011 - 01:37 AM.

#15 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

At this moment i am able to log in lets see how long it lasts. I try to keep my eyes open if i d/c again to see what happens.

#16 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:46 PM

After playing for a wile, having dinner, playing some more i D/ced again after some lag.
Something wants to stop me to 99 my knight i guess.

#17 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

So you had this hamachi crap preinstalled? What vendor made these laptops, so i can avoid buying from them?

Hehe nah I installed it myself. Needed it to play some old RTS' (Warlords Battlecry and Total Annihilation). Best thing to do with hamachi is to not use it or to keep an install.exe on ur pc and de-installing it every time after use :pif: (that's what we did after we found it was using problems).

After playing for a wile, having dinner, playing some more i D/ced again after some lag.
Something wants to stop me to 99 my knight i guess.

That really sucks :Emo_14: Still no reply on ticket then?

#18 Karinj

Karinj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

They dont seem to know whats wrong. They now seem to blame my ISP.
the worst ping i get on a tracert is 180ms, i will place one later if you guys think you could do something with it.
I guess i just play when i can log and hope it solves itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users