Character Selection and other important stuff - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Character Selection and other important stuff

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ahzmat

Ahzmat

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

Most people will play a character, maybe 2 alternative ones. But not everyone. Some people go over the 8 character quota. And that´s maybe too much, or would be an invitation for people to make "mules"... but what about expanding the character creation limit with MALL POINTS? The only ones willing to spend money on that would be the ones really playing, not "flooding" the server with useless accounts. Well, thats just 1 idea.

Also, i am 1 of the few that reads QUEST DESCRIPTIONS. There are 2 major problems, 1 is that most of the text is poorly translated or makes no sense. Other is that sometimes a mistranslation of a name or directions (simple as getting wrong "south", "north", "east", "west") makes it more difficult for players to complete quests.
I would like to know if there is some way in wich i could work on revising texts, and also reporting other problems. Thank you.

#2 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

Most people will play a character, maybe 2 alternative ones. But not everyone. Some people go over the 8 character quota. And that´s maybe too much, or would be an invitation for people to make "mules"... but what about expanding the character creation limit with MALL POINTS? The only ones willing to spend money on that would be the ones really playing, not "flooding" the server with useless accounts. Well, thats just 1 idea.

Also, i am 1 of the few that reads QUEST DESCRIPTIONS. There are 2 major problems, 1 is that most of the text is poorly translated or makes no sense. Other is that sometimes a mistranslation of a name or directions (simple as getting wrong "south", "north", "east", "west") makes it more difficult for players to complete quests.
I would like to know if there is some way in wich i could work on revising texts, and also reporting other problems. Thank you.

Yeah I skim some of them.

Usually I see typos, grammar, and sometimes Unicode errors.
But the best translation error was from another game that don't exist in US.
Posted Image

Don't worry about this game being competition to Requiem. lol
So I hope it don't get removed from the GMs.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

Well, if you see text errors and other things, you can copy and create a thread in the bug section of the requiem forum or sumbit a ticket to the bug reports.

#4 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Well, if you see text errors and other things, you can copy and create a thread in the bug section of the requiem forum or sumbit a ticket to the bug reports.

I would, but I'm too lazy to write the 18 of them I saw (quest and NPC's dialog).

#5 Ahzmat

Ahzmat

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

i thought another way possibly a little more complicated, or a way lot simpler. have an account made to change stuff for the character being used to do so unlimited on whatever quest for whatever level he would do, and go correcting 1 by 1. that would require good english skills, regular meetings or videoconferences to make sure it is going the way intended, etc. so i guess having a team of people employed for that wouldnt be very hard. it happened in another game (altho it was much easier than doing so in Requiem)
its just how much devs care about correcting to perfection text that people dont read anyways. :huh:

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

Yes, it would be easier if we had a test server. And i guess that the korean version probably have less text errors than the translated ones. If they implemented the idea about have a special windows that save all the quests dialogs in-game, and let the players read them when they want, it would let people read all the quests and find errors in a much easier way.

People dont read the quests not only because it could be boring but mostly because we always do quests in a hurry, over all when there is an xp event. But if we had such a way to check the dialogs when we want, one could read them, little by little, when dont have anything better to do in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users