Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hello....

Today, 11th, while patching my client with the new Kryos patch, a quick power shortage made my computer to turn off, interupting the patch in its Patching Course.

With the computer back on, I attempted to patch the client again (just by starting the launcher like usual), but the problem was the launcher claiming my Patching Proccess was already completed, so instead of a PATCH button, I had a PLAY button instead.

While in the Log-In screen, the game won't let me on, for obvious reasons, my patch wasn't finished when the computer turned off, so i couldn't login.

I realize that its complicated to re-start a patch that was interupted in the middle, all over again, and that the PATCH button in the launcher only activates ONCE! if in the middle of patching proccess you disconnect or your computer turn off, there is NO way that you can Patch the game again, in the same patch you were, before it was interupted.

So the often PLAY button appear, even if your patching wasn't completed, making players go in despair and claim that something is wrong in-game.

I read some posts saying that an emergency maintenance is going on, but i think they had the same issue as I had, and are "guessing" it.

Once again, the solution for this problem would be the implantation of Manual Patches in the website to avoid this kind of problem.

The possible solution given to my problem right now is: Reinstall your client. I'll be reinstalling my client by now, but i would like to know if there are other options to avoid this problem, such a link with a manual patch or just a process with files that would make my launcher able to download the patch again.

Thank You

#2 Rinami

Rinami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

Hello....

Today, 11th, while patching my client with the new Kryos patch, a quick power shortage made my computer to turn off, interupting the patch in its Patching Course.

With the computer back on, I attempted to patch the client again (just by starting the launcher like usual), but the problem was the launcher claiming my Patching Proccess was already completed, so instead of a PATCH button, I had a PLAY button instead.

While in the Log-In screen, the game won't let me on, for obvious reasons, my patch wasn't finished when the computer turned off, so i couldn't login.

I realize that its complicated to re-start a patch that was interupted in the middle, all over again, and that the PATCH button in the launcher only activates ONCE! if in the middle of patching proccess you disconnect or your computer turn off, there is NO way that you can Patch the game again, in the same patch you were, before it was interupted.

So the often PLAY button appear, even if your patching wasn't completed, making players go in despair and claim that something is wrong in-game.

I read some posts saying that an emergency maintenance is going on, but i think they had the same issue as I had, and are "guessing" it.

Once again, the solution for this problem would be the implantation of Manual Patches in the website to avoid this kind of problem.

The possible solution given to my problem right now is: Reinstall your client. I'll be reinstalling my client by now, but i would like to know if there are other options to avoid this problem, such a link with a manual patch or just a process with files that would make my launcher able to download the patch again.

Thank You

Delete the file called patch.id or edit it so that the patcher goes into a recovery mode (In the Dragon Saga folder under gravity for default install). This will resume from the last time the patcher merged files after it sees what files you have and such.
If you had the old patch.id (Encrypted version), I'd assume you can just put that back in.

#3 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

Delete the file called patch.id or edit it so that the patcher goes into a recovery mode (In the Dragon Saga folder under gravity for default install). This will resume from the last time the patcher merged files after it sees what files you have and such.
If you had the old patch.id (Encrypted version), I'd assume you can just put that back in.

Thanks Rinami. Even though the client didn't work at first, because of the emergency maintenance, what you said was true, and worked nicely to re-patch my client. +1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users