Forgot Warp portal password and Date of birth etc. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Forgot Warp portal password and Date of birth etc.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aqnostronzo

aqnostronzo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

There's a huge problem: I cant log into one of my warp portal accounts because I forgot the password and the date of my birth etc. My Email is (snip)(Germany :Emo_18:) What shall I do now? Why did Warp portal needs the :Emo_18: Date of birth btw. =?

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 February 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#2 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Why did Warp portal needs the :Emo_18: Date of birth btw. =?

So they know who you are...?
Uchem anyway if one forgets their date of birth, one can look at their passport/drivers license. I use it all the time because it's so hard to remember... Posted Image

But in truth you obviously put in some random date, so it's IS really your own fault. You should put in your real credentials just to avoid this issue, as only people who do not care about their account (botters,griefers,zenysellers and the like) are most likely to NOT fill in their forms truthfully. If you are really determined to get it back, you'll figure out how to do it.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

Chucklet, don't be a jerk. This is a very common situation - many people, indeed, people following internet best practices, will avoid using real information for their RO accounts.

OP, don't post your email address unless you like being spammed.

Create a ticket at support.warpportal.com, and submit a ticket explaining the situation to the GMs. Many people, myself included, have gotten accounts back that were created using fake names and birthdates. They may require you to fax a copy of your ID to them (even though it doesn't match the name on the account, yes i know it makes no sense - i think it's just to deter people trying to steal accounts). Try to send the requests from the same computer/ip address that you played RO from.

#4 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Chucklet, don't be a jerk.

Sorry. Agreed. I was in a bad mood.

#5 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

mmm i wonder how many Botter / gold farmer are asking support for help by pretending to forgot their password or they forgot their DOB :Emo_14:

#6 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

mmm i wonder how many Botter / gold farmer are asking support for help by pretending to forgot their password or they forgot their DOB :Emo_14:

That was where my thoughts went when I read this post. I just hope the GM's know the difference... (...lol)

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

That was where my thoughts went when I read this post. I just hope the GM's know the difference... (...lol)

Don't be silly. The bot farmers keep records of their account info, presumably in pirated copies of Excel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users