Is RO a single-player experience? - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is RO a single-player experience?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Xactoknife

Xactoknife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

I just don't understand why there cant be a massive party bonus such that no player would ever want to level without it. This would totally bring people together. You would have parties much like the kill count quests on a regular basis. The only major problem would be people abusing it by leeching. To remedy this two things are needed.

• You would ONLY extend the bonus to the people who are on the screen when the mob is killed.
  • A better method of validating activity, the old exp tap just will not cut it.

Both of which should not be very technically challenging.

#27 Orlandoprah

Orlandoprah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

nice topic!! after the renewal excitement and the ice dungeon event i was wondering, why i have to solo in a online game? WHY!!?? i have to kill 2.5k mobs alone? no way!

i guess we all will have to wait for a next ice dungeon event, which is kinda boring because i leveled there since i was a wiz, then as a hw and after as a warlock :huh:

Old turn ins was very good, i meet so much people in the way. Im an average player with no kp or expensive gear, so i did all those turn ins with the new people i met. Leech was a problem but now everyhing seems like a problem

#28 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Old turn ins was very good, i meet so much people in the way. Im an average player with no kp or expensive gear, so i did all those turn ins with the new people i met. Leech was a problem but now everyhing seems like a problem

Yeah the old turn ins was very good. It also "forced" you to meet new people/friends. Now, given that most people stay here for the people they meet, implementing some sort of revival of the old turn in kill quest system seems to be a good idea.

#29 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

Its more efficient to say the least. Buts its experience come from the multi-player aspect, i mean whose favorite moment in RO was the time you were all alone, I'm guessing there shouldn't be a lot

*raises hand* me.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 14 February 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#30 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Do it like maple story and give Arch Bishop the skill to increase exp rate :huh:

#31 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

They need to get rid of the ability to multi-client or even have more than one computer at an IP on at a given time (ie. campus, family, roomies, ect ... ie. OTHER people). When we get rid of people using more than one client at a time for their own benefit we will get rid of majority of the gold farming bots (there are only a limited number of ways to get new IPs, you can blacklist them into oblivion pretty fast) and at the same time pretty much fix the party system.

#32 Canada

Canada

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Location[ Valkyrie ] Over your dead body in PVP =)

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

I prefer teamplay instead exp/hour. Well... I'm a warlock. I cannot win 100m/h like a Reflect RG at AL3.

same here with AB's :huh:

:huh: Gravity De-buff AB more plox...

Edited by Canada, 14 February 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#33 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Depends. Leveling can and has been a single player experience for a lot of people. End game like WoE and things like Endless Tower most certainly is not.

#34 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

PS. While the fixes are being made, also fix kahii as it's totally broken.

Actually Kahii is fine. It's the defunct leveling system that requires a player to go to such
extremes just to level is the problem. Setting up a reflect RG and linker is a huge
investment in gear and zeny to make it work. Some players have a good set up and make it look easy.
Most RGs that level this way do so because they don't have a better option.

#35 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

They need to get rid of the ability to multi-client or even have more than one computer at an IP on at a given time (ie. campus, family, roomies, ect ... ie. OTHER people). When we get rid of people using more than one client at a time for their own benefit we will get rid of majority of the gold farming bots (there are only a limited number of ways to get new IPs, you can blacklist them into oblivion pretty fast) and at the same time pretty much fix the party system.

Rather than looking at multiclienting itself as a problem, fixing the game to make autofollowing a character impossible would probably help killcount leeching/dual with a slave. Of course, the ones that use bots should just get banned anyway. :huh:

#36 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

This thread explains why multi-clienting should not be allowed imo...

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

This thread explains why multi-clienting should not be allowed imo...

People will still do it, whether it's allowed or not.

#38 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

I solo a lot, but since my current main is an AB, I like to party in magma2. An hour there with an AoE killer and a blacksmith for greeding is some fine money from loot and decent exp.

#39 Xactoknife

Xactoknife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

IMO I don't think that multi-clienting is an issue. It's not really possible to FS yourself on a high exp map. A cheap buff slave is not the problem, most of the buffs you can get with or without a second client via Kafra shop/scrolls. On top of that, anyone with a second account is also paying for it. Thus why it is not restricted anymore. In the end this would not even seem like a issue if there was incentive for people to party together.

I'm sure we can all name a game (even some Gravity games) that have a excellent party systems. Back when I first played ROSE the party system was cool, you leveled up the party for a higher exp bonus. Not sure if it's the same now as I have not played it in a long time but I like the idea.

PvM should account for the majority of user game play and should be an enjoyable experience. RO is in the state now where players solo grind there way up to max level then exclusively WOE or PvP. While PvP and GvG systems are enough to keep some people playing, unfortunately it is not enough to bring back user numbers.

#40 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

Really they completely evaluated the classes wrong when they implemented renewal, and that's part of what kills partying. Absence of risk vs. reward leveling kills partying too.

For the first, if you need a tank in order to party, but the tank is offensively powerful enough that they can solo faster than any other class in the game, why party?

That's not to mention the experience penalty, which imo is a complete anachronism leftover from the days when everyone hadn't already leeched themselves.

#41 Xactoknife

Xactoknife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

For the first, if you need a tank in order to party, but the tank is offensively powerful enough that they can solo faster than any other class in the game, why party?

This paired with the fact that mobs are now scaled linearly with player level seem to break down the need for a party at all. It was a good idea that really did not work in practice. Again "Absence of risk vs. reward".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users