How do you use Bowling Bash properly? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How do you use Bowling Bash properly?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fadendoh

fadendoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

I've been mobbing sleepers but every time I use BB I only hit one of the sleepers. Is there a proper way to use BB? If so, how do you use it so you can hit multiple targets?

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

If you find out you hit only one sleeper, it means you're standing on a gutterline. Apparently it was an intended "bug" the GM's put in to fix BB so that it doesn't make monsters bounce off of each other in a manner that it could cover huge distances. So when you find out you're standing on a gutterline, try to move a few cells to the left or right and then try again. People who use BB often would eventually remember where the gutterlines are on a map without the use of RCX.

#3 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

It's hard to run away from a gutterline (gutter, as short) when you run into one, specially when your mob is huge or you don't have a Peco.

Something I can do is to cast Endure, then move some few tiles diagonally. Because the chances are, you may be still in a gutter when you move horizontally or vertically, and diagonal movement may "lower" that posibility, at least that's what I think.

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:00 AM

It's hard to run away from a gutterline (gutter, as short) when you run into one, specially when your mob is huge or you don't have a Peco.

Something I can do is to cast Endure, then move some few tiles diagonally. Because the chances are, you may be still in a gutter when you move horizontally or vertically, and diagonal movement may "lower" that posibility, at least that's what I think.

Do I need to be specific? I thought you'd know how to use Endure to get away from a mob by now. :huh: But yes, a few cells to the left or right helps most of the time. Trust me. I'd say 5 cells at least.

#5 fadendoh

fadendoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

so are these "gutter lines" area specific or cell/coordinate specific? I mean do these gutter lines only exist in a general area or are they in specific cells within a map

ex. lets just say there is a gutter next to this orc house

Would the gutter be the area around the orc house? or would the gutter only be on cell xxx,yyy and xx,yyy?

If they are cell specific, is there a way for me to remember these or will I just remember through constant BBing and missing?

btw @guardianTK umm....wtf is a RCX? I have no idea what that is...think my noobiness is showing lol

Also, what would be the best way to BB a mob? Currently i've just been making sure they are all on the same cell and then BBing em and it seems to work but I don't know if that is the correct way to mob and BB them.

Edited by fadendoh, 16 February 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

so are these "gutter lines" area specific or cell/coordinate specific? I mean do these gutter lines only exist in a general area or are they in specific cells within a map

ex. lets just say there is a gutter next to this orc house

Would the gutter be the area around the orc house? or would the gutter only be on cell xxx,yyy and xx,yyy?

If they are cell specific, is there a way for me to remember these or will I just remember through constant BBing and missing?

btw @guardianTK umm....wtf is a RCX? I have no idea what that is...think my noobiness is showing lol

Also, what would be the best way to BB a mob? Currently i've just been making sure they are all on the same cell and then BBing em and it seems to work but I don't know if that is the correct way to mob and BB them.

There are "gridlines" on each and every map that cause Bowling Bash to hit only one monster. Not cell specific. Just area specific. Hence the reason why I recommend walking a few cells to the left or right for about 5 cells in order to adjust your Bowling Bash. Through constant leveling and use on several maps though...you'll start to get the feel and remember what areas are gutters or not.

You can look up RCX yourself. I'm not going into detail on it, since it's a 3rd party program that helps you see gutterlines. It also does other nifty things. Currently the GM view on whether this program should be illegal or not is mostly based on whether the program itself has been altered to do "shady things." You'll know what I mean if you look into it more.

Positioning a mob onto a cell you recognize as a non-gutterline is a good tactic in using Bowling Bash. Just find what spots work best in what portions of the map and you should be fine with that.

Oh and....Gutterlines only affect your Bowling Bash if you are standing on a gutter. Normally it doesn't matter if the monsters you're BBing are standing in one.

Edited by GuardianTK, 16 February 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#7 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

To make it "easier", the gutter grids are present on every tile that is divisible by 40 on both X and Y coords, and 5 adjacent tiles. It means they're cell specific.

Type "/where" to understand it better (or hotkey it), you should get something like "Dremuci Forest (mosk_dun03) 167, 84". Look carefully at the 84, it's telling you "It's me, the Gutter Line", since it's between 75 and 85 (80 is divisible by 40).

Why so specific? It's to make it as foolproof as possible (I just hope no one makes a better fool), also I may have these cases:

1) I get "Dremuci Forest (mosk_dun03) 162, 98" as example. I may move either 5 tiles at left (157, 98) or 5 tiles at right (167, 98). Only right movement is safe from our foe, the Gutter Line, because 157 is still a Gutter.

2) And if I get "Dremuci Forest (mosk_dun03) 212, 120" as example. No horizontal movement would save me from a Gutter "Monster", so I'd move either diagonally, or vertically.

In a nutshell, as long as you can tell where you have your nightmares, I mean Gutters! You'll be fine. Of course using RCX you'll forget all of this tedious procedure.

#8 Miyahira

Miyahira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

it's called position lag. (or p-lag for short) if your not in a gutter. you have to move a couple of cells. it's a glitch/bug that everyone experiences. but you experience it more when you are mobbing and being hit. so when you stop and move around after you get hit, your computer *coughcoughtheservercoughcough* needs to catch up. alot of the times it thinks it is. But, it's not. so if you hit one mon. and not in a gutter, move over a couple of cells. if this doesn't help..... iono XD

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

it's called position lag. (or p-lag for short) if your not in a gutter. you have to move a couple of cells. it's a glitch/bug that everyone experiences. but you experience it more when you are mobbing and being hit. so when you stop and move around after you get hit, your computer *coughcoughtheservercoughcough* needs to catch up. alot of the times it thinks it is. But, it's not. so if you hit one mon. and not in a gutter, move over a couple of cells. if this doesn't help..... iono XD

It's not position lag.........

#10 mistergohan

mistergohan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

bump

are you guys talking about the same bug that messes brandish up as well and makes it cause 0 dmg ? cuz that crap is annoying. its whenever youre near an object/wall that this happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users