• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

this one is in Archer topic in game discussion. I wonder if u (specifically for ranger payers) like my idea.
Lets make the ranger character better!!

check my idea here

#2 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

If u don't like this, please just ignore. no cussing or any aggressive behavior towards me. thanks. be more mature.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Rangers are not a class that need a serious buff... I've gone up against plenty of Rangers that managed to hold their own just fine.

Arch Bishops and Mechanics got the short end of the stick. Only thing that needs changing are Sura's ability to Snap out of Warg Bite, really.

Edited by Ralis, 18 February 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#4 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

Rangers are not a class that need a serious buff... I've gone up against plenty of Rangers that managed to hold their own just fine.

Arch Bishops and Mechanics got the short end of the stick. Only thing that needs changing are Sura's ability to Snap out of Warg Bite, really.

I agree that Ranger's are not a class that need a serious buff, BUT they are pretty much useless along the way. yes they can hold their own fine but not great. simple to say that ranger's need a buff weather it's serious or not. and if you compare ranger to other characters, things are not balanced at all. look outside the box as what most people say.

Edited by geniewinie, 18 February 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#5 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Ralis has no idea what he's talking about.

Until he gets off his Over powered tank RG, he won't see just how hard it is to play as a Ranger.

Ranger: I have a low HP mod and do a max damage of around 7,500 with my only good skill, Fire Trap.

Royal Guard: Well I have over 60,000 HP, I just have to hit you once and do an instant 29,000 damage.

Sura: Even if you have High or Low HP mods, my GOH and Gfist will take you down.

Edited by ButtardToast, 18 February 2011 - 07:39 PM.

#6 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

Ranger balancing patch. All u can do is wait for it.

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

The only class I die to more than Rangers are GXes.

I have 48k HP, not 60k, and I'm not going to do 30k damage if you have some decent gear.

In WoE I have a lot of trouble killing Rangers and they can keep me from moving with Warg Bite while they set up their traps of death, most of the time just out of range of my own attacks.

#8 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

Arch Bishops and Mechanics got the short end of the stick.

Sometimes I feel like they're on their way to chop us off the stick altogether.

#9 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

considering the only two classes i play are ranger and archbishop yes, i feel the short end of the stick~ and yeah, sometimes i feel like we're being slated as negligible~

#10 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

The only class I die to more than Rangers are GXes.

I have 48k HP, not 60k, and I'm not going to do 30k damage if you have some decent gear.

In WoE I have a lot of trouble killing Rangers and they can keep me from moving with Warg Bite while they set up their traps of death, most of the time just out of range of my own attacks.

And what kind of traps of death are they? Don't tell me you can't out pot 7k - 40% damage... + resistant gear... lol

#11 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

And what kind of traps of death are they? Don't tell me you can't out pot 7k - 40% damage... + resistant gear... lol

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Detonator

#12 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

eh? You walk on all of them at once? 0.o

Fire trap - one trap out at a time ~ 7-8k damage(not including the -40% and resistant gear)
Ice trap - one trap out at a time ~ 7-8k damage(not including the -40% and resistant gear)
Cluster bomb - Three out at a time ~ 10-12k damage(not including the -40% and resistant gear)

You can break these
Blast Mine - Haven't test theses. (hunter's trap)
Clay More - Haven't test theses. (hunter's trap)

Still do not see traps that you cannot out pot.

Also I remember my warg attack the same distance as pinpoint attack unless I was position lag.

#13 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Umm, generally when 20 traps all go off it's not really pottable.

I've been Warg Bitten out of VP range several times.

#14 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

@ Ralis: Please make a ranger and play it against an RG in pvp. Then you are free to comment whatever you want on the topic of rangers not needing a buff. I mean no disrespect, but seriously, its a known fact that rangers are underpowered, especially compared to RGs. Being an RG, and not having played a ranger, I strongly suggest you play a ranger first, then contribute to the thread which deals with suggestions for improving this class. Also, if you are warg bitten out of VP range, the ranger cannot do anything to you. We cannot put 10 traps at once and blow them up. We an put max four traps, and even if we blow them up at once, you will not die in one hit. On the other hand, as soon as RG sees rangers, first thing is PPA, or VP which will kill most rangers in one shot.

Edit: Also, you have defending aura, which means that if any ranger decides to use his bow and arrow against you, it would be futile. If you are out of range, you are safe, if you come within range, you have flee ignoring skills which will one shot most rangers.

And I agree with you on the idea that sura should not be able to snap out of warg bite or ankle snare.

Edited by Pravin, 19 February 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#15 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Rangers are amazing awesome-sauce. In my opinion, though, they're one of the best examples of what balance should look like in Renewal. I'm more for the argument of nerfing our classes than buffing everyone else. WoE is only fun when it's a team effort. Seeing who can pull off the quickest one-shot skill isn't.

#16 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:17 AM

The only reason Rangers need a "buff" persay is because the bow tree is absolutely awful and the traps are a little too strong.

If you're a Bow Ranger, I feel sorry for you. But hopefully they buff the bow skills later.

#17 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

The only buff the Ranger needs are:
1) more reliable defensive skills. We are the only class without any damage block/reduction, unblockable disable nor equipment damaging/removal skills only immobilization. Every other class, except AB's, has at least 2 out of the 3 categories!
2) less useless skills, see all of Bow tree and Elemental traps.
3) game mechanic changes so Bows don't suck (crappy atk and ASPD formula, no Over refine bonus, no Matk bonus, low atk, low # of card slots, horrible and useless effects.).

@OP:
Arrow storm is Bugged right now. I don't have the skill (I will never get it unless they have a test server) so I haven't reported it yet. But it is doing the listed mod divided by 3 instead of the normal damage (IE: at level 10 it will do 700%/3 = 233.33%).

#18 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

You make it sound like you get hit by 20 traps at the same time... 0.o|

#19 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:11 AM

If Ralis loses to a Ranger, He truely is a noob.

#20 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

Guess I'll take a screenshot the next time I get blown up in a trap maze. Hopefully that'll teach you how to play your class. o_O;

#21 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

Guess I'll take a screenshot the next time I get blown up in a trap maze. Hopefully that'll teach you how to play your class. o_O;

Please do...

Traps needed to be placed two cells away from a player or another trap. The highest area of affect for any single trap is cluster bomb, for a 7x7 affect. That trap can be place down 3x at any single time.

Let say you are X, O are the traps, and Q is the place where traps can be place but won't reach you.

:12345678901234
1:Q--Q--O--Q--Q
2:
3:
4:Q--O--O--O--Q
5:
6:
7:O--O--X--O--O
8:
9:
0:Q--O--O--O--Q
1:
2:
3:Q--Q--O--Q--Q
4:

So in theory you can have 11 traps placed around you that will hit you and that is "if" you are allowed to place more than three cluster bomb traps down. Now let applied that information to the next map...

C = Cluster Bomb (3x at most) 7x7 area
F = Fire Trap (1x at most) 3x3 area
I = Ice Trap (1x at more) 3x3 area
c = Claymore (unlimited) 5x5 area
X = You

1:Q--Q--C--Q--Q
2:
3:
4:Q--Q--c--Q--Q
5:
6:
7:C--I--X--F--Q
8:
9:
0:Q--Q--c--Q--Q
1:
2:
3:Q--Q--C--Q--Q
4:

3x : C
2x : c
1x : F
1x : I

Total seven Traps, not near 20 traps as you said. This is the best case scenario when you are warg bite and stuck in one place with all the area around you free to set traps. Also have in mind that you are just standing there without fighting back.

The usual scenario would be you being on one side the the trap on the other side.

1:Q--Q--Q--Q--Q
2:
3:
4:F--C--Q--Q--Q
5:
6:
7:X--c--C--Q--Q
8:
9:
0:I--C--Q--Q--Q
1:
2:
3:Q--Q--Q--Q--Q
4:

C: 3x
c: 1x
F: 1x
I: 1x

Five traps total.

Pretty sure you can outpot that, unless you run threw all those traps....

**edit** space aren't showing up correctly, using - now.

Edited by brokenguy, 19 February 2011 - 10:17 AM.

#22 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

I don't know about 20 traps all at once, but 8 or so Claymore Traps all at once in WoE is still enough to 1-shot many classes. Also easily stackable. If you don't do 10k+ per Claymore Trap as a high leveled Ranger, you're doing something wrong. *Are we going by the new WoE reductions or the old of 40% vs 60%?*

If this is pvp, then 4~5 traps is more than enough.

Edited by GuardianTK, 19 February 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#23 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

20 was my over-exaggeration. Thought that was obvious.

#24 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1myfJn2Dk5M

#25 Studmanly