"DragonSaga (I/N) has stopped working" - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

"DragonSaga (I/N) has stopped working"

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 charles211

charles211

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

Anyone know how to fix this issue? everytime i try to start it it comes up with that error. someone please help.

#2 DongBae

DongBae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

Anyone know how to fix this issue? everytime i try to start it it comes up with that error. someone please help.

I'm been having the same exact problem ever since the Kryos update. I submitted a ticket, and the latest response is that there is a "memory issue with the client," and I was told they were discussing it with the developer. I haven't heard anything since Wednesday (2/16), however, after everything they suggested I try did not work.
I'm curious -- are you running Windows Vista also? I'm wondering if the issue is isolated to Vista users, as I know someone else who is running the program successfully on XP. I'm getting so desperate I'm actually considering creating a partition on my drive to install XP on, just for this game. But if I went through all the pain that I know that will cause and it still didn't work...
I'm sincerely hoping that Gravity is reading the forums and realizes how serious and widespread an issue this is.

#3 Hawkstorm

Hawkstorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

I think that it only workd for win7...

#4 charles211

charles211

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

Well im on windows 7 not windows vista. i actually got it to work though. i just open it like 20 times before the game actually pops up without the error. Although once i try to log in the game just disappears. But in one instance when i loged in it worked and i just left the game on the whole day lol. This morning i was playing and it just off on me and I'm trying again till the game shows up. for now just keep clicking the game and hoping the error doesn't come up and it allows you to log in.

Also open from patcher. thats what i did. not 100% success. like 5%-10% lol

And i just got in! :{D

Edited by charles211, 20 February 2011 - 03:58 AM.

#5 DongBae

DongBae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:50 AM

I discovered the same thing yesterday. I don't think there's any need to run from the patcher if it's fully updated, though. I found that if I keep running the dragonsaga.exe file, and just keep clicking out of the error message and trying again, in about 1 out of 10 times the login screen will appear. Often when I try to log in, the game will not respond, and I'll have to force-quit it and try again. But then after two to four login attempts, I may find success. I was finally able to play the game again yesterday!!! Of course the same old issues are still there when you play -- I was in boss level of the 3-star mission of a Chaos Map (and had just activated a 2-hr. +20% experience potion about 10 minutes before), when I got disconnected. I had a lot of unkind words to spew at Gravity at that moment. And then I tried running the program about 15 times, and attempted logging in 4 times before getting back in. Luckily I had had the foresight to buy two chaos bubble things, so the entire scroll wasn't wasted. But I digress... anyway, if you try this, you too may be able to play!!!

:Emo_12: :(

#6 DongBae

DongBae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

:(
Well it's not working any more. That method worked last night and this morning, but I had to restart my computer between then and now and now I can't get in again. I tried running the program about 100 times and the login screen never appears any more. It's almost like they don't want us playing. :Emo_12:

still no more recent response to the ticket i sent in, either. (no update since Wednesday - 4 days ago.)

Edited by DongBae, 20 February 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#7 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

We're still waiting on a response about the issue from the developer.

#8 BellaMuerte

BellaMuerte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

I'm still having this issue as well. I run on Windows Vista 32 bit. And I KNOW it will work because I was able to get on literally one day I think it was last week or so for a few hours before it dc'd me in town. And what gets me is that it worked perfectly fine BEFORE the Kyros update patch. Anything I've tried hasn't worked that they suggested..I'm waiting to see what happens..I'd really like to play and I'm really po'd that I'm missing out on so much right now. =.=
Right now all I get is either the error or a blank window when it does pop up and if it does load it freezes after I try to log on.
Honestly I miss THQIce I never had any problems..and I ran that on Vista too.

#9 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

http://forums.warppo...nection-issues/

The difference isn't in the company publishing. There are changes that were made by the developer. The developer supplies all the game changes and we bring those changes to the users. We will, however, provide support to try to resolve those issues.

The Kyros update is one of the larger changes that changed the client as well as in-game content. We're aware that it has caused issues for our users and we have reported what we could from what we have heard from our users. The link above will help run through and make sure the client was installed properly. Further assistance can be found in the last check from the checklist.

#10 Hawkstorm

Hawkstorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

ive had this problem too, however i've been able to play everyday with only a bit of inconvenience. Just cliek the dragonsaga.exe file until u get the login screen, then typr your password VERY slowly. then press enter o f1, and after about 4 tries you'll get in.

#11 BellaMuerte

BellaMuerte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

How slow are you doing it? I even let it sit there for a bit and could hear the music playing but when I tried anytime I got the window to come up it still freezes on me.

#12 loski

loski

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

it might not be the same thing you have, but i crash when i attempt to log in too. what i do is type in the info, wait maybe ten seconds, push f2, then f2 again, and then login.
works maybe 90% of the time for me.

#13 BellaMuerte

BellaMuerte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

I've tried that like twice..it hasn't worked for me. u-u

ok I lied..apparantly I got it to work an I am on right now...@-@ instead of using the little hand to log on i used f1 and it worked..

Edited by BellaMuerte, 27 March 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#14 loski

loski

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

yay
glad it helped.

#15 BellaMuerte

BellaMuerte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

I was actually able to be on pretty much all day yesterday and leveled twice. XD I even managed to get on today and finish the tower..that was a bad idea to do alone..lol. XD I beat Paris so HA! Only irritating part is that I had a lot of lag..x-x'

Trying to get back on right now...so far nothing.

I've officially tried everything on that list..minus the port thing because my computer is connected into the modem so I don't think I need to mess with that.

Edited by BellaMuerte, 28 March 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#16 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Contact WarpPortal support with the text file from the last suggestion that was provided in my previous post. Explain to them as much as you can about what you have done before so they can understand better what the issue could be.

#17 AsianMix12

AsianMix12

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

I'm having problem too. Every time I log in it says failed to log in on server. Is there any maintenance today? Can anyone help, fully appreciated.

#18 AsianMix12

AsianMix12

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm having problem. Every time I log in it says failed to log in on server. Is there any maintenance today? Can anyone help, fully appreciated.

#19 BellaMuerte

BellaMuerte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'm having problem. Every time I log in it says failed to log in on server. Is there any maintenance today? Can anyone help, fully appreciated.

They are still doing the patch. I had a failed to patch just now so they much still be patching the game.

#20 Hawkstorm

Hawkstorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

One thing i noticed, try to make your keys evenly pressed. So press one key, wait 1-2 seconds, but MAKE SURE THAT THE TIME BETWEEN EACH PRESS IS THE SAME. That greatly inproved my chances of getting into the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users