Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Been playing a Warlock lately, leveling with Frost Misty and Jack Frost. People PM me, "Can you please not use your skills while I'm on the screen."

And, I don't mind if it's just one or two people asking me that on a big map, but if I did that for everyone on a busy map, I would never be able to cast on anything at all.

That said, the KSing issue is mostly a problem on Gravity's part than on the part of the Warlock player in my opinion. Should we level on subpar maps just because one of our better skills is an untargetable screenwide AoE?

What they really need to do to resolve this is implement a basic summon (even an invisible undamageable one) with a rudimentary AI with two settings, FFA (skill is cast as it is currently) and KS protection, that reports if monsters are currently engaged to a target that is not the player or a friend of the player, and prevents Jack Frost and Frost Misty from hitting these monsters.

I mean, really, not much can be done about it currently other than the 'remake 3-2' or level on a sh tty map.

#2 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

Since I am aware of this, I don't even let it bother me if the skills hit my mob. It is fairly easy to move away too i it is really bad. For the most part, those I see using the skills are parked in one spot leveling and not running around KSing all on the map.

#3 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

Just ignore them. Or pretend to be a bot. That way they spend 2 hours trying to figure out the terrible report system and by then you'll probably be bored of leveling.

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:46 PM

I should remember that next time someone threatens to report me (probably later tonight) "Yeah, Good luck getting the report submitted!"

But really, if they don't want me KSing people, they shouldn't have given me a skill that's practically designed to KS people.

Edited by Sera, 21 February 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#5 UrbaKing

UrbaKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationIn your mind
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

Should have played on hammerine, we pk people to KS us. If u need help i will be glad to get my soul hunter and pk them for u, shes like lvl 43 so that should take car of him :angry:

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Should have played on hammerine, we pk people to KS us. If u need help i will be glad to get my soul hunter and pk them for u, shes like lvl 43 so that should take car of him :angry:

Requiem doesn't even have a Warlock class.

Played a 6x commander there anyway, would love you to try to PK me with a level 43 soul hunter.

Edited by Sera, 21 February 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

I wish RO had PK lol. I'd PK people if they complained on forums

#8 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

Why don't you just go to a guild dungeon?

kidding.

#9 UrbaKing

UrbaKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationIn your mind
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

Requiem doesn't even have a Warlock class.

Played a 6x commander there anyway, would love you to try to PK me with a level 43 soul hunter.

LOL, if my characters that are in ur lvl range fought and lose, i guarantee u cant pk my main while im not afk. Not trying to sound -_-y, but seriously.

#10 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

Commander > Tempest

Commander vs. Commander is a retarded fight.

#11 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hello Sera! <3 :angry:

#12 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hi! <3

#13 EvilClaws

EvilClaws

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Commander vs. Commander is a retarded fight.

wins who crit beam slash or who spend lof of $ on item mall <3

#14 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

KS protection, that reports if monsters are currently engaged to a target that is not the player or a friend of the player, and prevents Jack Frost and Frost Misty from hitting these monsters.

Sounds good to me. Same for other skills from other classes that are having similar concerns. I haven't had a lot of issues yet but it makes sense.

Edited by soudou, 21 February 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#15 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

They need to make it so you can't KS someone unless you're in their guild or party, I've heard other games do this, so why doesn't RO?

Also, I've submitted a ton of KS reports where nothing has come of it. Isn't KSing like a 2 day* ban anyways? Slap on the wrist :P

*I'm too lazy to find how long it actually is :angry:

Edited by ABK1986, 21 February 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#16 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

You have to be intentionally making someones life harder/griefing them with the kill stealing for it to be bannable. A GM also has to see it, in game. With the ticket turnover rate? Good luck.

#17 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

really the problem is the aoe is to large, u can only see 14 by 14 yet u haves skills with 24 cell range...

#18 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

No, you can only see 13 cells from your character. This is 13 cells in front, 13 cells in back, plus the cell your character is standing on.
13 + 13 + 1 = 27

So a skill that has a 27 x 27 cell range is basically the size of your screen. A 13 x 13 cell range is about half the size of your screen.

Most players seem to think of cell ranges in terms of distance from your character, but they're listed as a box centered on your character.

The exception to this would be comet targeted at the edge of your screen, but it has an unrealistically long cooldown, so no one will really have issues with this anyway.

Edited by Sera, 21 February 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#19 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

24 cell range doesn't exist to begin with. 25x25 would be seeing 12 by 12... I don't see your point

#20 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

In my opinion, the problem with the skill is that the caster has no control over it and what it's going to hit.

#21 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

the problem. is the aoe is too large an area. thats the problem

#22 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Really the skill should be changed to a targeted skill and not just a sweep 1 or 2 screens skill. =/

Edited by Trixdee, 21 February 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#23 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

someone jack frosting like crazy? just move to a new spot. If they follow you, report them. If not, problem solved.

#24 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

Normally I would agree that the area of the skill is a little too much.....BUT given the circumstances that Locks no long are the only class with high AoE elemental damage (or high damage AoE period!) the really ONLY thing they have going that separates them from other classes (other than the weakest survivability) is the wide skill area.

I'd say either lower the AoE size and double its power, or keep it exactly the way it is now.

#25 Reaver

Reaver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

There is this Warlock/priest team at magmaring that KS all the time, but never on purpose as far as I know. I see a bunch of magmarings on the edge of the screen throw something to the ground and Severe Rainstorm the item area and the Warlock kills them before I do, half the time I don't even see them on the screen when that happens. He says sorry now and again and the priest buffs/warps people so I know they're not bots, there is just no way to limit the AoE of those 2 spells.

It bugged me at first, then I checked the description on those 2 spells, you'd think they add a "does not affect monsters outside the casters screen" effect to it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users