• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Runemauler

Runemauler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

So lets say you manage to get 1500 medals and you want to buy a Spear. Do you get to pick from a list of Spears? I mean... Obviously you'd always take Hellfire... Or do you just choose "Spear" and you get one of them at random? 0.o Cause that seems like a lot of time spent gambling in Hugel, only to leave your reward itself up to chance as well.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, here's a link to the wiki page explaining it. Though it does not really clarify whether the exact weapon is chosen or random within your chosen category. Nor does it list any cost for playing Bingo...

http://irowiki.org/w...Hugel_Minigames

Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated by myself. Maybe some newer players have never even heard of the Hugel gambling scene. So I hope this post does more people some good, than just me...

#2 Zeratul

Zeratul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

You get to choose the exact weapon you want from that list.

#3 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

don't choose hellfire.

#4 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

I've been playing with some friends there in the single Monster race...
and I found out there are like 3 bots in the dual monster race xD
Didn't know they even botted that lol.

Edited by iiNote, 23 February 2011 - 10:15 AM.

#5 Runemauler

Runemauler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

don't choose hellfire.

Of the Spears they offer; it has the highest Attack, a useful element, and an 'ok' special effect. I have noticed it seems to Vend for a low-ish price, and kinda wondered why that is...

I care nothing for PvP so all the 'on Demi-Human' effects are almost useless to me. If a 2-handed Spear has a lower Attack than a Lance, then it better have a pretty bad-ass effect on it! :angry: With no Hunting or Pole Axe on that list, I see no reason to go with any of the 1-handers.

But I'm by no means an expert on the subject... I am very curious as to which, of the Spears on this list, you would recommend, and why it would be a better choice? Brionac, maybe?

#6 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

Choose the one that vends for the most and you can buy 15 Hellfires.

imo Brocca.

Edit: Hellfire is also fire property, so it limits your leveling options somewhat more.

Edited by Tigra, 23 February 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

Um, yeah, you might want to do more research before going for a hellfire.

It's a terrible item.

It's 2-handed! No shield = you take 30% more damage* End of story.

Plus, it's cheap as dirt, because it drops at a high rate from Ifrit, yet nobody uses them.
http://ragial.com/search/0/hellfire <Ymir
http://ragial.com/view/3I1471 <Valk
vs a brocca, which is 80m on ymir and over 100 on valk.

The special effect is also useless, because the damned thing doesn't give a matk bonus, so the damage is laughable (even more so considering the int typical on classes that can wear it).

*Actually, you don't-take 30% less damage, that is you take 100% instead of 70%, so you take (100-70)/70 = 30/70 = 43% more damage than if you had a proper racial shield, not even counting the damage reduction from the def of the shield.

#8 Runemauler

Runemauler

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Wow. I did not really consider the economic side of it. And the shield info was great too. So none of those Spears are actually worth using? 0.o

I understand Brocca is mainly desirable because it's needed to make Pile Bunker? Anyway; thank you a bunch for the suggestions. I'll get a Hellfire 'more or less' free anyway, I suppose, from Seal 4. Or maybe, given the comments here about Hellfire, I'll just go with the Random option. :\

I'm still kinda curious about this Bingo thing... Like; do you have to have 5 people to play? Or maybe there is some NPCs that fill in the other spots if you only have, say; 3 people who want to play(?). Also it's cost is unknown to me still too. I guess I could just go try it out. But I figured I'd ask around before I throw zeny at something that may be, in the end, pointless.

And if this Brocca thing really pulls 100mil z on Valk, it'd sure explain why there are bots gambling in Hugel! lol (not that I condone BOTing!) D:

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, brocca isn't a good weapon in it's own right in renewal. It was good pre-renewal though. It's description is poorly written - it says "neutral" monsters - what it means is "normal" monsters (that is everything (players included) except boss and guardian type monsters). Now i think most of them get made into pile bunkers.

Most of the spears that npc gives you aren't very interesting, no. I think the bots are there for slotted elemental armors. I think those give more zeny per medal.

Bingo DOES require 5 damned humans playing, and the medals/time and medals/zeny are uninspiring there too. Theres a quest that requires you to play bingo, too, forcing you to get 5 players to do it. The implementation is so awkward - it's pretty lame (even more lame when you're multi-clienting it, and racing to get each players entries in before the conversations time out).

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 February 2011 - 10:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users