new event? Forge event Request. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

new event? Forge event Request.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Locationinside ur mind...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:VALK

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

So you all seen what happened when this event went on. Now you guys started to complain that the event was gone (except the people that upgraded all there stuff)Now to balance it out for the people who have just now joined us i was thinking to add it to the wheel of maint and to have it 2-3times a year' Not only would it increase the unequal advantage people have right now but it would be a good increase to the VPN hosting and development department (being ro only gets 1/4th of the money it makes rest is put into new game development and distributed through warp portal.
{NOW for those of you that are saying XINN its gunna cause more corrupted market!] ask your self.... whats worse a week of 2x drop with no penalty or a 1 week of people having to (SPEND) real life money to upgrade equipment. not to mention the zenny sinking raffel. you blame the upgrading for the market the way it is truth is NO. it was just the fist penny to sink the market. followed by raffle followed by a 2 week drop rate/no penalty. so this is what im asking you would you like to see a forge event in the future. PLEASE NO SPAMING

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

NO.

#3 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

What an incoherent post...The title of the thread was more informative and my answer to that is no thanks.

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

If you want complete balance play a one player game.

MMOs will always have those who have advantages and those who do not.

#5 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

My vote is why not, add it. It's an event that happens one week. People only need one card, which already drop at the lowest chance possible, why not make it the same for equips that drop at frequent rates. Why should the few select classes that can level faster and mvp better than everyone else only get all the money. Spread it around for a week. xD

And yes, drop events are worse with the farmers. How many more items enter the market during the week of the drops? Seems like they redouble their efforts when it happens. /spin

Honestly the problems were mainly people with ultra high gear that upgraded before em complaining, and KVM weapons being overpowered. With it not being permanent the former won't happen as much, and people could use em while they are enabled to make money afterwards. Bonus, even the field by allowing others to get their kvms.

Edited by SamuelAdams, 24 February 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#6 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

No thanks... We learned from past experiences...

#7 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

No thanks... We learned from past experiences...

No thanks... I got my +9 KVM already -fixed -_-

Edited by iCare, 24 February 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#8 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Only reason I would ever consider something of this sort is KvM weaps. But I quickly come to my senses are realize the GMs have to fix the in game methods of obtaining these items rather than offering such a thing that ruins the economy and basic game mechanics so: No.

It's just too bad people don't seem interested in such fixes: http://forums.warppo...undskvm-active/

#9 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

When I first read the title, I thought it would be a suggestion to actually make an event for forgers so they could have some fun with their smithing skills. XD

I don't think HD as it was during that 'event' is a good thing for the game as a whole. (No, I didn't do any upgrading the last time and I have no +9s. -_-) I'd much prefer that they tweak the upgrading system and improve battlegrounds instead of pretty much handing out +9s and +10s for sufficient rl cash.

#10 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

No thanks... I got my +9 KVM already -fixed -_-

The only thing I have from KVM is a Glorious Suit o_O
So... if you wish to give me a +9 KVM weapon by all means...
I own nothing +9..
In fact the only think that is refined is my +4 Veteran Sword...
So SHHH! ;)

#11 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Er...

Lets try this:

• Only new characters made after the start of the event can enter.
  • All forging will depend on the following:
    • A skill which will be given though an Item that must be equipped during forging.
    • In order players to forge event items they will need a book similar to how Alchemist make Potions
  • There will be slightly different materials used for forging...
    • The items can only be acquired from an NPC every 24-48 hours by quest.
    • Only those items can be used to forge the new weapons.
  • The weapons can be traded and sold, their resell to the NPC is 1z
  • Participants can trade their weapons in for Account Bound Items or Experience (Only ones with your name on it
  • Every time a successful weapon is made with the following:
    • Creating a weapon +10
    • For every Very Strong in it's title +5
    • Having an Element or Soul +7
Creating a back story for this may be a bit hard, but lets say Protera wants to help arm its new warriors to start their adventures. As a result, the King has requested all of the best and up and coming black smiths to come help. They are looking to start forging new weapons such as Maces, Rods & Staffs, Musical Instruments, Whips, Guns and Fuuma Shurikens. Unlike previous weapons, souls can be added to these weapons to give them additional abilities.

Yeah... like at this point it's a hard point to sell. But for the sake of the argument here's what would be added in terms of Souls and its Abilities, so focusing on being able to decrease the SP used, auto healing and cure or Status Recovery, Status effects for the last two weapons are Dec AGI and Cruse and (for the other weapon) Slow Casting and Silence. There could be other effects that we'd like to see, that could be added.

But I dunno if a Forging event would be a great idea, possibly as a quest for Merchants, BlackSmiths and so on, that would make a little more sense then it being just an event for every one to compete for.

#12 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Not only would it increase the unequal advantage people have right now

.............what?

my god, you're arguing for a repeat of the previous upgrade event because it will increase uneven advantages?

get off my interwebz

Edited by Frappuccino, 24 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#13 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

Well, I believe it was mentioned that HD ores may return in future upgrading events...not sure where I read it but it was close to the end of the introduction of HD ores and the full safety range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users