best 99ing event? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

best 99ing event?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 surferboy

surferboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Locationcalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

i've heard many different opinions, including those who felt that ice titans or 200% exp were the best. which ones do you think are the most effective?

#2 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

The real troy. (You said best and most effective? I haven't witnessed him firsthand but from what I heard...)

Exp event and spawn increase in GH would be cool.

Edited by SamuelAdams, 24 February 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#3 Sefier

Sefier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationProntera City, Capitol of Rune-Midgart 106,226
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Repeatable with 2x exp with turn ins.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

The Most effective method... must be dragon lake turn in on preRE servers (while renewal 'on testing' phase on yggdrasil).

But the most fun/the best memories of an event which rewarded exp, is the new years dragons. I remember the complaining for camping spawn, in the old BBS which had the priestess bug on firefox @@...

I would love to see an event like those dragons: monsters in town which drop envelopes of zeny ad exp -_-

#5 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Well with the new exp curve the id3 turn in was ridiculous to 99. I 99'd the same character both times in like 36 hours.(nontrans/trans)

#6 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

putting in the spare card

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

I don't really care about 99ing, we need a good 150ing event now! ...:D

#8 surferboy

surferboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

do people often petition for such events? i would like to see a new one, to relieve the grind. i can't wait until we get another id3 event.

also the truth in sera's response is soul crushingly powerful.

#9 Nocredit

Nocredit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

Best 99'ing event? A 10000000000000x EXP event.
But seriously, I think 200% EXP is better than waiting for a party in ice titans. xD

#10 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

I think with just a simple exp event like we had before the maint was pretty good since its a lot easier to 99 these days. Got a battle noob aco up to Priest in a breeze on the last few hours of the event and it was an experimental for-fun build too. The Eden quests help a lot for the early levels to bring you to places that are great exp as well as the gear of course which is even better than the pre-Renewal newbie gear stuff I had in storage. Along with the item turnins that you can spam at Eden like Maneater Blossoms. Some of which will give you a bunch of pots so you can rampage a mobby place like Orc Dungeon if you don't have Heal (I ended up with 2000+ pots on one character once). Depending on your class there's different places thats fast for the last few levels to 2nd class and a bit beyond, Leaf Cats was great exp and thats without that Leaf Cat hat which I think still has some bonus? Geographer, Maneater Blossom turni, Mi Gaos is good for magic class. Earth Petite event seemed to help people in the levels after that, but theres a few other maps in the same level range that can be good too and when Brasilis comes (March if still on schedule) there'll be a few more monsters in the mid range. For the last few levels Dark priests or Magmarings seem pretty awesome. During an exp event is when I 99/70ed my main at Magmarings and it seemed fast.

I feel exp events are better for a variety than 1 map, but if they do another turnin I think they should have more than 1 location as there are a few good locations to 2nd class or 99 off-of. Outside turnins maybe triple spawn Dark Priests, Magmarings and other locations along with a small exp event like the last week. Could also duplicate the maps with a portal to the alternate map someplace on the old map (left side for Magmarings, centerpoint for Dark priests), so more monsters & less crowded.

Edited by soudou, 25 February 2011 - 02:34 AM.

#11 Credence

Credence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:39 AM

Best event will be when iRO offers a scroll in Kafra Shop that will get you insta 99 or 150. Also, when they sell the job exp scroll where you can choose to be job 70 or 50. I know it will come after seeing all these kafra shop items. It's possible!

#12 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

I would really like something that lets my Wizard lvl that last bit better. Maybe Increased spawn of Siroma and Magmarrings with a Turn in portion for them.

#13 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

merc scrolls

#14 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

Best event will be when iRO offers a scroll in Kafra Shop that will get you insta 99 or 150. Also, when they sell the job exp scroll where you can choose to be job 70 or 50. I know it will come after seeing all these kafra shop items. It's possible!

merc scrolls

Yeah saw someone with a 99 Merc in Orc Dungeon yesterday during exp event, was probably pretty fast to level with. I also used a merc scroll for a few levels during the event at Wolves (using an alt to mob tank then using Merc to AoE), was really good exp for my noob pure potter.

#15 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:01 AM

Ice titans I think I got 3 chars to 120+ in about 2 days luv to 150 my sorc and AB

#16 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

The best 99'ing event is just getting off your ass and going out to level instead of waiting around for events to get you there. Posted Image

#17 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

^ haha

#18 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

Best leveling event I've been so far is the last Turn In event... In Abyss Lake was awesome.. Could've made it to 150, but I had stuff to do in real life :/

#19 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

WTF... I double posted.... My bad.

Edited by iiNote, 24 March 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#20 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

I don't really care about 99ing, we need a good 150ing event now! ...:wub:

Already happened. Second week of the last Abyss turnin event was pretty damn osm.

#21 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

Best event was the Dragons pre-renewal. I got 3 trans and 1 to 99/69, then I took a sabbatical and hope to be back (soon) for RO2 Legend of the Second.

#22 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

The best 99'ing event is just getting off your ass and going out to level instead of waiting around for events to get you there. Posted Image

I agree, that would be super effective.

#23 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:11 AM

pre-renewal dragons were r the best event on RO EVER, 2x turns+dragon hat = epic!

#24 Miaa

Miaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

I agree, that would be super effective.

Sometimes people have real lives and dont have the time to grind 24/7 to 99 real quick. Ive been level 97 on my scholar for around 2 weeks now, because i only get an hour or so per day to play, due to work etc.

However, its not the 99'ing im bothered about, ill get there in another 2 weeks or so, its the jlvl 70 that is bothersome. So anything with AWESOME jxp too would be good!

#25 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

Sometimes people have real lives and dont have the time to grind 24/7 to 99 real quick. Ive been level 97 on my scholar for around 2 weeks now, because i only get an hour or so per day to play, due to work etc.

However, its not the 99'ing im bothered about, ill get there in another 2 weeks or so, its the jlvl 70 that is bothersome. So anything with AWESOME jxp too would be good!

Then that advice probably applies doubly to you because if there was an event and you could only play an hour a day then you will not get much mileage out of it and would be better to just do a little each day.

I've grinded 2 charas almost to 150 but then i tasted turn ins and events and that made me realise how much time i could save by just waiting for the events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users