Question on Ygg to Ymir transfer - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question on Ygg to Ymir transfer

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

On the blog post it's mentioned "Yggdrasil will shift to be like Valkyrie"; can CMs please clarify if this mean just that there will be 3 character slots available without paying for premium services or if it will include the limitations currently on Valkyrie like banned cards (creamy, vitata, etc...) and 100 SP teleport cost?

Please clarify this question since it's one of the points that will make me shift the decision between staying on Yggdrasil or moving to Ymir; and the time is short.

P.S. I'm posting this on the forum as well since I opened a ticket with the same question and got an answer like "The account was suspended for 1 day for the harassment of another user. In the future, please don't harass other users. If you find a user harassing you, report it and ignore them."....
Guess a bad copy/paste -_-

#2 Ignapp

Ignapp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

I have the same question, please give us an answer. =)

#3 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

From what I read and remember is that Ygg will be a free server like valk where new player can create up to three characters on an free account whenever they feel like. While on Ymir they have to pay to even create one character.
Other changes on the Ygg includes the following "nothing" if you have VIP account(perm account, paying account). (a few new stuff NPC, dungeon, and etc).

If you do not then it'll fall under the free account.

1) 300 storage
2) no multi client
3) 3% death pen
4) 1/1 exp/drop rate
...more? don't remember.

#4 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

The account was suspended for 1 day for the harassment of another user. In the future, please don't harass other users. If you find a user harassing you, report it and ignore them.

#5 Milfy

Milfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

I guess you should be slightly relieved that they even bothered to look at your ticket. I've had one open for over 2 days now without a response concerning the Ygg > Ymir transfer, but yet a ticket with a different topic was answered a few hours later. Yggdrasil will always be the ignored server~

#6 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

I got a ticket that was just answered yesterday, only took two months.

#7 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

If you had a ticket that took 2 months, I want you to PM me the ticket number, because that should NEVER happen. It may take 2 months to resolve but not for reply.

Now about the topic of this discussion.

Yggdrasil and Valkyrie will be identical in server settings.

IE 3 Characters for non-VIP creation
9 for VIP creation

really that right there is the current differences between the VIP and the Open servers is that character creation difference.

There will likely be some subtle changes to what items/cards drop or are available on the servers as well. I do expect that valkyrie will have some of the limitations relaxed, like fwings dropping from monsters will probably start happening. Whether all cards will become available though is not 100% decided yet.

There really isn't much of a "loss" if you stay on Yggdrasil, it should feel the same later as it does now if you are VIP, but we wanted to give the option of moving to those Yggdrasilarians to be fair.

If you don't transfer for Free now, you can do so later as a Value added service, but there will be the normal cost and limitations on what you move.

#8 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

There will likely be some subtle changes to what items/cards drop or are available on the servers as well. I do expect that valkyrie will have some of the limitations relaxed, like fwings dropping from monsters will probably start happening. Whether all cards will become available though is not 100% decided yet.

There really isn't much of a "loss" if you stay on Yggdrasil, it should feel the same later as it does now if you are VIP, but we wanted to give the option of moving to those Yggdrasilarians to be fair.

Thanks for your answer, very appreciated.

The part about the account creation is pretty clear, however I find the quoted part quite confusing.

You first state that the character creation is the difference between VIP and non-VIP servers and then talk about changes to items and cards dropped on the servers. This leaves much space to multiple interpretations....

If for example Yggdrasil will have the Creamy card removed and the 100 SP cost for teleport, this will make a huge difference compared to how I'm used to play right now; unless this implies that the restrictions will be in place only for the non premium accounts (not sure if that is even possible to code).

In my opinion it would be very important to clarify as soon as possible if there will be any restriction and to who will be applied (Servers: Ymir/Ygg/Valk and type of account: Premium/Non Premium).

Most important points to be clarified:
  • Teleport skill cost
  • Restricted cards:
    • Creamy Card
    • Vitata Card
    • Deviling Card
    • Golden Thiefbug Card
    • Ghostring Card
  • What will happen to the eventually restricted cards that are existing on Yggdrasil?

Personally I won't find acceptable to lose cards or to have my skills restricted.

Sorry for the amount of questions and the hurry but I hope that at less than 2 weeks from the planned F2P starts you would have an almost clear and complete plan on what you are going to implement.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kiehl, 25 March 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#9 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

If you don't transfer for Free now, you can do so later as a Value added service, but there will be the normal cost and limitations on what you move.

NO the loss there is! I have 4 creamy cards and honestly I don't want to lose them, since I had them without to use third party programs just killing hundred of monsters. As I hate have those stupid limitations(that other free servers like fRO hasn't). I payed for 5 years to avoid the limitations, so well lose all is really bothering, since as I said in another thread I'm on yggdrasil not for my choice but only cos Gravity didn't punished the users that used third party program to make the same thing that I wanted to do.
So now finishes always that I spent real money for nothing, to lose the things gained until now, or to come back in a server where I can make the only thing that still keep me on iRO.

No sorry, or Gravity will make the things equal for all servers(at least for Yggdrasil and Ymir) or as I said in another thread will lose our 10 payed accounts.

I'm sorry if I seem angry, but all these bad news made me really crazy, thinking that between less that 2 weeks I will quit(cos only a miracle could make drop the card that I search) and to all money that I spent in these 5 years that will be trashed.
So this message is a vent to all stress accumulated in this last period. Sorry Again.

Edited by Allysia, 25 March 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#10 Ignapp

Ignapp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for your answer Heim.

Well, since all cards will be available on ygg, I'm staying here. Just hope that we don't become a bot server like valk.

#11 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Quoting a comment on gravity blog from Heimdallr:

Heimdallr says:
24/03/2011 at 1:32 pm
As for what items to enable/disable on the servers we are planning to start with them keeping their current limits on the non-VIP servers, and then look at how the game play changes or needs to change.

Item and cards limitation definitely need to be clarified since, in this comment, it seems that there will be restrictions on the non-VIP servers. It's so vague that you could give at least 3 interpretations:
  • Both Valk and Ygg will share current Valk limitations.
  • Valk will keep its current limitations and Ygg will stay without limitations, but both are subject to be changed.
  • Gravity has still no idea on what the final setting will be and it changes in every answer.

#12 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for your answer Heim.

Well, since all cards will be available on ygg, I'm staying here. Just hope that we don't become a bot server like valk.

I have a feeling we will... the bot companies don't even care if there is no population to sell to since they will lose nothing by making free accounts to bot.

#13 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:30 AM

Honestly this confuses me alot. I don't read the forums that often and I don't read the patch notice at all. From what I understood, ALL servers were supposed to go F2P or something, Ymir included ? So what then is the difference going to be between Ymir VS Ygg / Valk ?

#14 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

I have a feeling we will... the bot companies don't even care if there is no population to sell to since they will lose nothing by making free accounts to bot.

If anything it will mean Ygg will be a more prime target for botting by having a lower population. Because the market there doesn't have a big population behind it to hunt things I assume things must be in high demand but not have a big supply such as with certain rares like cards etc. Thats pretty much a jackpot for bots who can supply stuff in huge amounts to meet the demand. If I were on Ygg this would be my main reason for moving, bots will pretty much destroy what Yggers had been advertising as Ygg's main virtue (a fresh and untainted economy). They will also be able to bot up to high levels and bot low level areas making all the 'fresh' and 'real' players have to compete for space. And most likely affect WoE (if Ygg really has much WoE, I don't play there).

Honestly this confuses me alot. I don't read the forums that often and I don't read the patch notice at all. From what I understood, ALL servers were supposed to go F2P or something, Ymir included ? So what then is the difference going to be between Ymir VS Ygg / Valk ?

The difference is on Ymir "Non-VIP/Paid Account" = 0 characters can be made (only existing characters already made can be played). And VIP/Sub Account can create up to 9 chars and play them. So anyone wishing to start on Ymir will have to pay a initial fee ($7 or less).
Ygg a free/Non-VIP account can create up to 3 characters and play them or any other characters they already made. VIP/Paid account can create and play up to 9 characters.

This is their reasoning for making Ymir require payment:

Everyone that thinks about this has asked almost immediately about the bot stopping, and for that we have an answer that only premium accounts can create characters on the current premium servers, thus an initial payment, or a special invitation would be needed to create a character on our current Premium servers. Valkyrie players will get an option of the premium account as well, but you can create a few characters on Valk without an initial purchase; thus Valkyrie is still a free server.

They're basically making Ygg similar to Valkyrie.

#15 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

If anything it will mean Ygg will be a more prime target for botting by having a lower population. Because the market there doesn't have a big population behind it to hunt things I assume things must be in high demand but not have a big supply such as with certain rares like cards etc. Thats pretty much a jackpot for bots who can supply stuff in huge amounts to meet the demand. If I were on Ygg this would be my main reason for moving, bots will pretty much destroy what Yggers had been advertising as Ygg's main virtue (a fresh and untainted economy). They will also be able to bot up to high levels and bot low level areas making all the 'fresh' and 'real' players have to compete for space. And most likely affect WoE (if Ygg really has much WoE, I don't play there).

That will pretty much make the people playing Ygg quit, if anything. I don't want to go back to Ymir, but if the bot population ends up making it agonizing to play, there's just no reason (for me, anyway) to keep playing.

#16 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

Three servers shouldn't exist. Haven't you guys learned this by now?

I have no room on my Ymir account so I guess my character will be staying on Ygg. Hooray.

#17 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

That will pretty much make the people playing Ygg quit, if anything. I don't want to go back to Ymir, but if the bot population ends up making it agonizing to play, there's just no reason (for me, anyway) to keep playing.

Personally I don't really understand the expectations put on Ygg as some kind of time capsule separate from all other servers. Eventually as a server it would age so I think it is inevtiable Ygg was going to change someday, but personally I think it would of been better Ygg had become like Ymir than become like Valk as it is going to be.

Loki/Chaos started fresh too and I don't think Ymir is as bad as people make out to be. Much of the botting that happened during beta years ago has dissipated making low level items worth 10x what a botted economy would be worth. And as for God items. I don't WoE so I'm not really sure if its a big deal in WoE Ymir but not every player has God items. Most complaints about WoE Ymir seem aimed at Renewal aspects which would be the same for all servers. Eventually I think they would add in God items on Ygg when the server had matured unless they stated they would never be added?

Wasn't it inevitable that in a couple of years Ygg would of not been the "fresh" server and have the same separation between low level and high levels as every other server too? Just need to find the right guilds/groups that focus on fun/social which will hopefully increase with the F2P if it really does boost population.

It also gets the same GM events as every other server like the raffle event to mess up economy as equally as every other server.

Unless they had vowed to do yearly wipes to prevent level-separation, never ever ever add God items forever and have separate events to other servers I think eventually the gap would of closed over the years.

Edited by soudou, 27 March 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#18 DJMaxSilver

DJMaxSilver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

Okay so I have a question about the transfer. What are we supposed to do if our character didn't appear in the room to exchange the "GM Bonds" to zeny, because my character just appeared where I left it on ygg which was Comodo. I have the bonds but can't do anything with them ._.

#19 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

Try sending in a ticket at support.warpportal.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users