#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

Set System - New Feature!
We are happy to announce a new feature that will add to the rich content of ROSE Online, set bonuses. These bonuses are granted when certain pieces of equipment are worn at the same time.

To begin set bonuses, we turned to the Unions. When specific union equipment is worn as a set, it will provide additional bonuses based on how complete the list of equipment is to each set. Each bonus is given an indication to how many pieces are needed before the bonus is unlocked, as well as how much will be given. Each set shall display a list of all other pieces of equipment that are also part of the set, to help remove confusion behind what items you may need to find.

Each Union House's bonus will be unique to that union, each offering something unique to the other unions. The bonuses provided to each Union House are set by a design intention for future content. Each union house having a distinct set bonus style that will help with some class designs in the future.

But this is not all the set system will be applied to. We will be adding additional set bonuses in the future to many other combinations of equipment and for many different types of equipment, to help add more choice when creating characters and build styles. We look forward to seeing how the system begins to evolve and make game play more fun.

Refine System - Update
We have come to see that refining is less of a bonus than it has evolved in to being a strong part of natural game play.
With the recent drop changes, we have heard many complaint and upset regarding the new difficulty and rarity of locating such items.
To keep the core desires of refining and let it remain a strong part of natural game play, the basic refine materials, Talismans, Bindrunes and Apotropes, are now going to be offered through various NPC shops.

Catalysts will no longer be mandatory per refining attempt and will now be an optional method of helping increase your chances at a successful refine attempt.

In addition, we will be lowering the maximum number of catalysts that can be used per refine attempt and at the same time, doubling the amount each catalyst enhances your success. What this does is increases the strength of the individual catalyst item, but when used as a full stack the maximum effect remains the same as before. What this does is makes the individual find of a catalyst more useful and require less need of hunting in order to obtain the maximum effect that can be gained from their use.

Item Mall
Venurunes have been given a boost, as they are a focus for increasing your chance at refining. Their base value of refine bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%. Venurunes are now offered in the Item Mall for 50 points for a bundle of 5.
Party Buffs have been removed from the Item Mall.

The Re-Roll Hammer - New Item!
Don't like the bonus stat you got? Smack it with this hammer and have a chance for something better! The item must have an appraisal stat on it first, in order to use the hammer on an item.
Purchase 10 Re-Roll Hammers for 200 points! Click here to view the Re-Roll Hammer.

Event
  • St. Patrick's Day Event has ended.
Balance Changes
We understand that the following changes will not immediately address all balance issues currently in-game. However, these are the most vocal issues we have been witnessing and rather than wait for the full class balancing to be undergone, we have taken much of the feedback given to us in to consideration which have resulted in the following changes. Based on popularity of solution and intended game play design, these changes are intended to help balance the major points of complaint until we are able to work towards the full class balance project expected in the near future.

Mana Break
  • Increased MP consumption to 160, from 60.
Anti Magic Shell
  • Added Mage job class requirement.
  • Added a 50% success rate.
  • Corrected target ability, to enemy only.
  • Increased MP consumption to 242, from 60.
  • Increased cool down to 60 seconds, from 6.
Additional Note: Because of the change in requirements and restrictions, we have set the skill to be automatically unlearned and the skill point refunded. Unfortunately the skill book will not be refunded.

Champion - Spear Mastery
  • The Movement Speed bonus has been removed.
Champion - Quick Step
  • Movement Speed bonus has been reduced.
  • Level 1 gives 4% Movement Speed and increases by 2% per level, for a maximum of 10%.
Union Shop Notice
  • Union House Shops now contain only the pieces of equipment that pertain to their house of origin.
Client Enhancements
  • NPC appraisal message box has been moved to the system messages.
  • Updated appraisal feature to allow multiple items to be appraised without repeatedly speaking to the NPC.
  • Some updates were done to wording to help clarify and compact the amount of text in tool tips.

#2 XCLOUDZ

XCLOUDZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

im glad i started getting my mage equipment -_- this should bring prices back for mages as more players might actually want to play them and make pvp builds with them ^^

#3 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Leonis

Im so glad champs wont be the fastest around anymore, now it'll actually take skill and time development to be good in union war as a champ.

#4 archfester

archfester

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

i think it it totally fair mages are magic based classes, Buffs are magic so we should be able to remove em

#5 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

finally a good update...i like everything of it. except for the anti magic shell...50% is still too high, shud be 25.

Edited by Gojio, 24 March 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#6 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Just look into shortening spawn protection. A mspeed mage will zoom off that spawn and almost certainly debuff someone with a 50% debuff and a 20% debuff.

It's 60 second cooldown doesnt matter because they are dead in under that and back taking your buffs. Fun stuff..

#7 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

i think it it totally fair mages are magic based classes, Buffs are magic so we should be able to remove em

TBH I think Cleric's should be able to get the same skill.

#8 XCLOUDZ

XCLOUDZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Okay all those quiters can come back, ROSE Online is going uphill again (for now atleast)

i think we're gonna go uphill from here i can't think of much more that could be nerfed anyway but the exp is better then it was and i prefer the new drops because i got like 171 dirty hearts in about 1-2hours in prison with a great party hehe

#9 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Mage Skill only??? Why not a muse skill? Mages already have a debuff skill. Would someone please look at the cleric suggestions and make playing a cleric, especially full support, fun again. We have not had any new skills for full support clerics in a long time. Dragon Skin but that was also for battle clerics. The debuff skill for muse would have allowed fs clerics a chance to actually hit a raider. In addition, since we are the ones buffing people shouldn't we be able to debuff them?

The set bonuses sound interesting and might split people up for UW. Let's hope.

Nice job reducing champ speed, now hopefully the def bug will be fixed soon too.

Nice job restoring forums too, thanks.

#10 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

@ZEPPELIN

I love the update and its going in the right direction to making gameplay better again but I am seriously getting sick of the artisan class getting picked on every bloody update.

Now that this stat bonus is out its making reinforced equipment even more useless
Uniques came out which has now made weapon craft useless
mask craft/ subitem craft is barely worth it any more

Only thing that is decent would be PAT craft.

Honestly just remove them please.

Edited by Lybis, 24 March 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#11 xSweetHeartx

xSweetHeartx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

I am happy with the debuff changes. This was causing alot of conflits in TG and Union Wars. Champs Msped reduced is another good update. =)

#12 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Mage Skill only??? Why not a muse skill? Mages already have a debuff skill. Would someone please look at the cleric suggestions and make playing a cleric, especially full support, fun again. We have not had any new skills for full support clerics in a long time. Dragon Skin but that was also for battle clerics. The debuff skill for muse would have allowed fs clerics a chance to actually hit a raider. In addition, since we are the ones buffing people shouldn't we be able to debuff them?

The set bonuses sound interesting and might split people up for UW. Let's hope.

Nice job reducing champ speed, now hopefully the def bug will be fixed soon too.

Nice job restoring forums too, thanks.

Yeah i agree, the debuff skill should of muse type, or just cleric. Clerics need some sort of way besides mute to support their party members in combat, a random debuff at some point would help. Anyways 50% is too high, since you got 50% and 25%, should make them both 25%. Everything else sounds interesting.

#13 archfester

archfester

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

agreed bryan but the 25% almost never hits between my stuns i can pop off both debuffs just to make sure i would say anti-magic is not a pvp skill imho since its totally unfair

#14 chippy

chippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

i agree spawn protection should go as soon as any skill is used
or only last several seconds it goes when you mellee some one so it should go when you skill some one

#15 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

Refine System - Update
Item Mall
Event
Balance Changes
Union Shop Notice
Client Enhancements

- alright, set bonus -_- I know this from other mmo's can be fun

- refine update xD ha, ok so the TBA market will crash if they are sold by npc ;)

- 1 item mall update? huh, wel ok

- reroll hammer, sounds nice, together with that change on how to appraise ( oh man finally no more clicking that npc quazillion times) good change

- "burp" "hic"

- im amazed champ mspd finally got killed , but am i smelling an mspd bonus for a certain union ? idk yet ofcourse ;) but somehow they always got some mspd

Nice patch, fixed a few things which have been lingerering for years (easy appraising), kinda fun though if the 9th runes which got added only shortly ago to the droptable will now be npc mats xD, stil patch gives me the feeling "stuff" is getting done! ;)

#16 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

They got rid of the IM party pot/buffs but there are so few fs clerics around. Read the Cleric suggestions on forums and do something to bring fs clerics back! The debuff skill would have helped some but a lot more has to be done. No UW gear has stats for FS cleric really, we have to use all our sp on buffs and heals so can't really get any of the extra, good skill the battle clerics can get, etc. There is a reason very few of us play FS cleric.

I think the refining should be easier if I am reading this right. Or at least use less mats and all.

If talis and binds are going to be from NPC does that mean they will no longer drop from mobs? If so, then that should help the drop tables some. On that note have you looked at and adjusted the drops in Orlo and Ruins?

#17 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Meh, I was expecting a little more for balancing, as for all classes. Champs needed to be slowed down, but in the way it was done the spear passive doesn't give any bonus where the axe and sword do. Granted you can still get the sword and axe passives for spears but it is an extra step.

Anyway, lowering mspeed was a good idea, but nerfing a skill no one used before (charge) wasn't necessary. Keep the short duration, keep th elong cooldown but change the type of buff to an additional mspeed (the way additional damage is) so that you don't completely lose all of your speed after the 2 second buff ends. The additional mspeed doesn't even have ot be 100%, it could be 50% as long as you don't lose your current mspeed buff when it ends.

I would have liked to see some defense lowered (10% from the champ tree) too.

Like Jagz said; the double chance to debuff from reckless suicide mages is alot. If Anti Magic Circle has been changed, change fierce cudlgeling into something completey different while your at it.

Also, regarding other class balancing, clerics could use something for offense, (even if it is fixing the tree), but giving them Anti Magic Circle would be a lame way of doing it. (Sorry Mom.)

Edited by Phish, 24 March 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#18 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

And wouldn't the hammer have been a good skill to give to arties so they were actually worthwhile again?

#19 chippy

chippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

the hammer is exactly what i proposed several months ago for an artisan skill cant believe they turned it around in to an item mall thing

#20 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

I would have liked to see some defense lowered (10% from the champ tree) too.

Also, regarding other class balancing, clerics could use something for offense, (even if it is fixing the tree), but giving them Anti Magic Circle would be a lame way of doing it. (Sorry Mom.)

I agree on the def lowering for sure.

It's ok Phish, I was just thinking it would have been a good way to give fs clerics something new, and I do think that the only ones that give buffs should actually be able to take them away. Makes sense to me. But as "support" I still think we should be able to decloak and most don't agree. Not like we could get the new skills really since we use up all our SP just getting the support for the party as it is.

And why not make the debuff skill worth leveling up? When I last saw it you got 100% chance at level 1 of the skill. I hope you made it so that you get a higher % to debuff as you level the skill, or shorter cooldown maybe. For a max level of the skill to have a 60% chance or 60 sec cooldown, but for level one maybe only 20%, etc.

#21 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

To begin set bonuses, we turned to the Unions. When specific union equipment is worn as a set, it will provide additional bonuses based on how complete the list of equipment is to each set. Each bonus is given an indication to how many pieces are needed before the bonus is unlocked, as well as how much will be given. Each set shall display a list of all other pieces of equipment that are also part of the set, to help remove confusion behind what items you may need to find.

Each Union House's bonus will be unique to that union, each offering something unique to the other unions. The bonuses provided to each Union House are set by a design intention for future content. Each union house having a distinct set bonus style that will help with some class designs in the future.

I am not sure how the bonus stat work because each Union house offer multi-house parts, but I will give the benefit of doubt. I will wait and see how this feature work out.

Refine System - Update
To keep the core desires of refining and let it remain a strong part of natural game play, the basic refine materials, Talismans, Bindrunes and Apotropes, are now going to be offered through various NPC shops.

Catalysts will no longer be mandatory per refining attempt and will now be an optional method of helping increase your chances at a successful refine attempt.

In addition, we will be lowering the maximum number of catalysts that can be used per refine attempt and at the same time, doubling the amount each catalyst enhances your success. What this does is increases the strength of the individual catalyst item, but when used as a full stack the maximum effect remains the same as before. What this does is makes the individual find of a catalyst more useful and require less need of hunting in order to obtain the maximum effect that can be gained from their use.

First, Bind and Tail are sold at NPC. Does that mean they will not drop from mob. If that is the case, then the drop table would change thus improving the drop-rate-situation. Second, what is the maximum number of catalysts that can be used per refine? If i read correctly, the maximum number of catalysts that can be used per refine is 10, is that correct?

Item Mall
Venurunes have been given a boost, as they are a focus for increasing your chance at refining. Their base value of refine bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%. Venurunes are now offered in the Item Mall for 50 points for a bundle of 5.
Party Buffs have been removed from the Item Mall.

double the effect, double the price (up from 25 points for a bundle of 5). Way to go.

Don't like the bonus stat you got? Smack it with this hammer and have a chance for something better! The item must have an appraisal stat on it first, in order to use the hammer on an item.
Purchase 10 Re-Roll Hammers for 200 points! Click here to view the Re-Roll Hammer.

This is the perfect way to kill sense artisan.

Balance Changes

No comment until we see the full detail in action.

Edited by ChampPower, 24 March 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#22 victor

victor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, WV (Temporary)

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

Union Shop Notice

• Union House Shops now contain only the pieces of equipment that pertain to their house of origin.

It would be better if the Chivalrous, Luminous, Precious, Glorious, scattered through out each of the 4 unions like the previous system in order to avoid imbalance union war. I could be wrong but just a thought.

#23 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

The full set bonuses are interesting, although I am hoping more sets than just the union pieces will be accompanied with them.

Also, union weapons are pretty terrible (except precious), and they aren't needed for a full set. Same thing goes with certain masks (flu mask and others) that are essentially worsless unless the stats are increased to something that makes them actually useable. THere is still alot to be done with fixing stats.

Edited by Phish, 24 March 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#24 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Ha, they release a decent patch to quell the rage from the previous patches. I guess someone beat one of the devs there to make this patch instead of focusing on trivial things. It doesn't make up for the crappy patches before which still have parts of the game in ruin.

Anti Magic Shell shouldn't exist though. If it must, it should be cleric only, reduced to 25% at max level, and have 5 levels. Debuff skills are stupid in the current battle system and are automatic "I win" buttons so there is no need to give one class 2 of them with such a higher chance. Especially when that class already has other offensive capabilities.

It would fit well with a cleric because they don't have very many offensive capabilities and could provide support to other members of the party that are not a mage by debuffing a high priority target. They wouldn't be able to debuff someone and then kill the person unlike a mage could.

Before this patch, Rose was at an all time low and those patches were some of the worse things to happen to the game since Evo.

Edited by Kaizy, 24 March 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#25 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yep, complete debuffs skills only work in turn based games, because you don't start the fight with buffs unlike MMO's such as this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users