• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Setsunah

Setsunah

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

Heya! I've come back to Ragnarok after a long, long time. I haven't ever played a caster class, so I decided to play a mage this time round. After a little research I thought it'd be cool to make a caster sage, cause the clothes are prettier than the wizards (I know, great class chosing factor right? :wub:).

For some weird reason, the forums all across the interwebz are RIFE with battle-sage guides. That's great and all, since I guess most people find it awesome. This leads to problems in finding any decent info on a caster-sage, since most people say "refer to this link", and it ends up being a battle-sage link... ._. I can't seem to find anything on a mage/sage caster build. The little info I do find is all mixed up; some people say max all bolts, some say pick two and either Stone Curse/Frost Driver/Thunderstorm. To complicate matters more, Fire Wall apparently isn't so awesome now, and Safety Wall is waay better. I'd hate to give up Fire Wall, but I get why Safety Wall is so important.

So basically, if anyone could offer some advice on the different builds for a caster sage, it'd help a lot. Not stats, I have a clear picture of how that's gonna work, but mainly skills. I was considering giving up Thunderstorm and a few levels offa Lightning Bolt to get both Walls, but the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it's a bad idea.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

The reason that there is alot of hindsighter sage guides is due to the fact that with a linker spouse they level faster and easier.

Stone curse/frost driver are pretty useless imo. The former also needs a red gem unless you use a lower level of it.

You need to decide if you will be killing single monsters or mobbing them. If you are mobbing them then the route you go is with fwall and an aoe like thunderstorm or heavens drive. If you are killing singly then you need to max the appropriate bolts.

I haven't tried safety wall levelling in renewal but it does not strike me as better than hindsighter or fwall caster since it requires a bgem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users