• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

I've just turned to Ranger, still level 99 at the moment And I'm going to reach 100 at stapo's and droseras and also gain some job levels here. But after that where is a good place to level?

Currently my stats are:
STR 3 + 6
AGI 99 +25
VIT 5 + 6
INT 12 + 7
DEX 95 + 40
LUK 28 + 16

Thanks in advance

#2 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

Yeah i've been wondering the same, lvl 101 atm.

Places i went so far:
1 rachel sanc - too hard, prospect of getting killed by SB, exp output doesnt justify the risk.
2 stapo/drocera - it's good, current leveling place, bad drops though
3 ice dungeon - hard to solo but good exp, good drops too
4 kobolds - a bit far but good exp nonetheless
5 juperos - hard even with a healer, status hit sucks though
6 magmarings - too crowded, otherwise good exp
7 nifilheim - good exp, good drops, lack of save point/arrow vendor is a big minus though

These places are hard to solo 'cept 2, 4 and 6. Trying to get to new world and see how it goes, long quest though. Hope this helps

edit: All of these places doesnt have any arrow vendors. Wth?

Edited by wotmint, 29 March 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#3 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

Yeah i've been wondering the same, lvl 101 atm.

Places i went so far:
1 rachel sanc - too hard, prospect of getting killed by SB, exp output doesnt justify the risk.
2 stapo/drocera - it's good, current leveling place, bad drops though
3 ice dungeon - hard to solo but good exp, good drops too
4 kobolds - a bit far but good exp nonetheless
5 juperos - hard even with a healer, status hit sucks though
6 magmarings - too crowded, otherwise good exp
7 nifilheim - good exp, good drops, lack of save point/arrow vendor is a big minus though

These places are hard to solo 'cept 2, 4 and 6. Trying to get to new world and see how it goes, long quest though. Hope this helps

edit: All of these places doesnt have any arrow vendors. Wth?

Ah some good spots there, I've been considering kobolds for a while now but stuck on the weapon to use as they are different elements, I have a +10 comp bow [4] sitting in storage, maybe whack 3 or 4 hydras in it?

I may try the new world quest once i've gained a few job levels, I wasnt expecting the lower job levels to go so slow though, only job level 4 at the moment and 917000 experience is needed just to job level 5 -_-

As for the arrow situation I just stock up 30k of each in storage which is the max amount, but then you still have to rely on a kafra being near by, sucks needing ammo -_-

#4 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:56 AM

Yeah i have an alt standing by in payon to buy me arrows lol. I really would love nifilhem save point though, or a shorter way from umbala (without having to traverse 2 empty maps).

#5 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:19 AM

Yeah i have an alt standing by in payon to buy me arrows lol. I really would love nifilhem save point though, or a shorter way from umbala (without having to traverse 2 empty maps).

Bungee Jump is the shorcut.

#6 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

just a quick question, how come ive lost 1 ASPD after changing to ranger using the exact same equips? I've even swapped out a dex equip for an agi and im still getting Bullsh1tted!

#7 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

just a quick question, how come ive lost 1 ASPD after changing to ranger using the exact same equips? I've even swapped out a dex equip for an agi and im still getting Bullsh1tted!

Rangers have -9 aspd penalty with bow compared to -8 for hunter/sniper so they are slower with bow weapons. This calc is pretty accurate for iRO aspd.
http://www.scs.ryers...c5tam/aspdcalc/

#8 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Bungee Jump is the shorcut.

Yeah right, it's faster to walk than getting that lucky jump.

Edited by wotmint, 29 March 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#9 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hmm, I've just made a Quad santa poring +10 comp bow for leveling at nifflehiem 2 (bloody murderers etc) I used a calculator and it estimated that i'd be doing 900~ damage a hit and im doing 400, wtf?

I'm already annoyed at how nerfed the ranger is and now I cant work out why this bow is useless.

#10 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:07 AM

AFAIK renewal new damage formula made racial cards useless.

#11 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

Really? I don't understand how the formula can change, if the monster is still shadow and the card effect has not been altered.

I HATE renewal, I'm leaning towards private servers again lol

#12 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:20 AM

Well Rangers aren't good with bow skills now.. but they are nice at using traps... just get neutral trap.. I mean fire trap... and a quad hunter fly dagger... and you can mob... with a shield, and no need for pots since you'll be healing from your output dmg of your traps... actually this is WAY faster leveling than one by one. And you guys are lucky that the trap is neutral property and not REALLY fire property as the skill is named...

Also there is a patch coming some time later where your bow skills will be buffed... but for now you can level in a much easier way?

Edited by iiNote, 31 March 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#13 Josh1821

Josh1821

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:00 AM

Hmm, that sounds good but do I have the right stats? I've gone agi/dex do I not need INT?

#14 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:27 AM

Really? I don't understand how the formula can change, if the monster is still shadow and the card effect has not been altered.

I HATE renewal, I'm leaning towards private servers again lol

In renewal, the +% race/size/element cards only affect the weapon/equip ATK. It does not affect the ATK you get from dex. This is why in renewal, level 4 weapons with high base ATK are favored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users