5 replies to this topic

#1 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

Some people is very poooooor in IRO, when that people(including me) have a item that really worth more than 99m like a +9CoD, Nyd mant, valk mant etc (high upgraded or not) to label then at your own risk. They cant be traded never again, or at least put it a name to prevent hack, i have items that i dont want to loose by scam my little precious items that worth something. In case of items like eraser+11 etc....

#2 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:47 AM

i could actually indirectly relate to this, my friends' brother loged on to his account and sold all his gear to npc coz he didnt know anything,,,,,after that he rage quit= =

#3 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

I can see how this would be useful, but there is a few "catches" that come with this.

1. If your name is put on an item it loses its slot. This of course is highly undesirable.

2. It would need to be a seperate item, perhaps a mirror of the item, to be able to change how it is tradable or not.

The 2nd isn't insurmountable but it would drastically increase the amount items we would need to have created in-game and we would have to figure out how to properly label them so it is very easy to tell that x item is tradable and this other one is character bound. This could also make trouble for transing due to weight.

It certainly is a good premise for protection, but definitely some things need fleshed out to make a fluid system.

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

But ever since the Armor Enhancement system came about, all equips have four technical "slots", right? For instance, adding a stat onto an armor takes up one of those extra slots and the additional grayed-out slots are there only as a place holder and do not currently function.

Why would the item need to lose it's slot when there are extra slots already in place?

#5 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Could labelling occur by inserting a card into a hidden slot that has no effect except to list the name of owner?

However it occurs, a labelling service would make gear sharing MUCH easier (i.e. MvP carded gear amongst guild mates). It's probably a service that a number of people would pay for (kafra added-value service).

#6 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

1. If your name is put on an item it loses its slot. This of course is highly undesirable.

will characters on these slots be deleted?

Edited by antikv, 30 March 2011 - 04:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users