#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

Client UI update
A number of UI menus have been updated to correct overlap and wrapping issues.

• Character Info menu has been reorganized to help with clarity of reading the menu.
  • The status points requirement have been organized apart from the character's stat points, to help show their need in customizing the character's build.
  • The player attributes, such as attack, defense and accuracy have been grouped closer together to help provide a quicker means of identifying their values.
  • Union points and their association has been also reorganized in a clear and open fashion as well.
    For custom UIs, the union names have been given an individual element association, so they can now also be altered as an element for any custom UI creations.
Skill System Update
Skills for job classes will no longer require a skill book in order to learn.
Please take note that in replacement that skill books no longer are required, each level of the skill will now require a small zulie cost per level that will increase per level and the further down the skill tree a skill is.
Our intention is to help make the idea of resetting skills easier to accomplish from any location and remove the hassle and frustration of traveling throughout Junon and Luna to collect the skill books to skills on your class tree.
Again, please be mindful of the zulie cost as for ease of being able to quickly reallocate your skills. The tooltip will display the required zulie cost to level and for the next level. Once a skill is learned, you can also see an indication of how much zulie was spent per level.

As a result of the above change, skillbooks have been removed from all NPC vends and NPCs that only had vends for skill books no longer will have the dialog option to access their shop to help reduce dialog clutter.

Monster Changes
  • All asper type monsters have been increased in size to help with targeting.
Item Mall
  • April Lucky Box now available for sale. Click here for more information on the April Lucky Box.
  • March Monster Madness Box no longer available for sale.
  • March Lucky Box no longer available for sale.
  • Akram Storage Coupon no longer opens dialog when used and will open the storage straight away.
  • All NPC Item Mall storage dialog options have been removed since the button to access the Item Mall storage is available, to help reduce dialog clutter.
Bug Fix
  • Some set bonuses were being given when worn as a costume unintentionally. This issue has been fixed.
  • The crafting success indication has been restored and will now once again display the difficulty of the item being attempted to craft.
  • Corrected the wrong model call for the "Bow of the Fairies" displaying as a Crescent Moon, Spear.
  • Corrected the condition of the Anti Magic Shell not removing the skill and refunding the skill point to Cleric classes. The skill will now properly be unlearned and the skill point refunded. The skill book is still not being refunded.

#2 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

10% chance of obtaining one of the following: Perfect Drill

Because it's such a good item? :o drills are cheap, they are nowhere near the value of the other items you can get for the same 10% chance, like 6 plutorunes for example..

Rest if alright I guess.

#3 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Zeppelin, all admirable updates for lots of mostly meaningless things for a ton of us....sorry but it's true.

It's now going to be heading to over a month and you still have not addressed taking care of lvl 220 people who farm on orlo. The drop system is horribly broken there and we've basically been sitting for over a month now doing nothing. People level 100 or lower get MASSIVELY better drops in their areas...and lots of them. Level 220 people however are sitting getting junk and there really is no compelling reason to play other than to service a store.

Seriously...i'm so past being patient with this(can you tell???)...you have implemented all sorts of things for others and things which should be VERY lower priority...and ignored us. Are you ever going to fix things for us or is it time to move on to another game?

#4 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

I see how you added the perfect drill in the chest. It's because in the IM it costs 300 points, way too expensive, as you can just use 5 adamantium drills and have a hole for 300k in stead of... - simple and fast calculation, 50 IM points is 5mil -> 300 IM points is 30mil-. I think it would be funny to change it to getting a new box maybe.
It's very hard though to think of stuff, as it's either IM stuff or in-game stuff (that people of course really want - so they buy the box). I mean, I'm always like; if I want IM stuff, I'll just buy the item in particular and not hope to get it out of a box if possible. You have to make some more things popular again. Again, that's very hard because there is not that many things to offer (that are really useful) you know?
Maybe you can add something that increases crafting success % for a period. Or that you have a very small improvement with durability on say blue weapon craft.

After typing this I just realize, it's not really necessary to be really looking into the 'value' of the item either in-game or in IM points, but the usefulness or fun factor. It's so hard to think of other things to put in the box because everything already has been put in I guess. It's really required to tweak the game more and make more items wanted and useful in stead of just a few... it would just change everything!
There are so many ideas and things already out there, I just don't understand why "it's" still in the current state! You got an enormous amount of potential.

Seriously? I would love to get together sometimes and brainstorm about everything that is possible. There are so many possibilities!

Edited by FeedisArti, 31 March 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#5 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Seems you didn't see what Zeppelin said:

It's better that they take their time to prevent things from going horribly wrong again :o

Oh I saw it just fine. 4-5 weeks to review for a whole segment of people who basically cannot play the frigging game is not even close to being good enough. Every other slice of levels were fixed within 2 weeks of the Big Stupid Update(BSU). Level 220 players of which there are thousands have NOTHING to do. This isn't a small little tweak that hurts some pvp or monsters a little too hard or too easy...it's thousands of characters being unable to play the game. If that's not as serious as it gets, then wtf is wrong with the system of deciding what gets priority. I've sat patiently(or not so much now) and watched all sorts of MUCH lesser updates being implemented while watching us get ignored. Why is even 1 minute being wasted on lesser updates while hundreds or thousands have no reason to play???

Who cares if too much of something drops while they try to figure out when they want to get around to helping players...at least it gives people something to do. I'll take slightly broken vs utterly useless and pointless to play any day.

#6 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

Drop Rates is not that broken, i do think mobs should drop more powders but honestly for lisents, drops aren't to bad as they are. 40 lisent HG every 3 hours, knowing that now u need only 10 per try is not that horrible. They said they wanted to make having 15s a challenge, so ofcourse i don't think their aim is to make 200 Hg 300 Pb 50Cr 30 Au and a crap load of powders dropping in only 3 hours of farming like it was the case before.

It s already a complete pain that some ppl have such stocks that they ll never have to farm again. It makes the situation being unfair true, for all the new players or the ones who don't have those kind of stocks... but somehow... they have to start somewhere.

I understand your point, and i do know lower lvls got better drops than lvl 220 "catalyst wise", i do think it s not a good thing, but the situation is not as dark as you describe it. A boost in the drop rate is needed, more precisely on powders, a slight boost on lisents maybe... but nothing too big, else refining will become once again a given thing, not giving any challenge, and so, not being any kind of achievement.

Arti NEED better chems tho x_x

#7 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

sad but yea your right :( anyway i can still wait for another week though but after that if the drop will not change then imma go sit and afk all day than to buy and sell gems and fail a tons using essense on gem 7 :o

your both right, however it isnt just orlo that has horrid drops. it is all of rose. for farming crafters/artisans, mats needed to craft various items have simply become rare. as have decent armors, blues, & ledgendarys. 80 % of drops everywhere tend to be hp/mp, or gunpowder packets. bosses everywhere drop nada half the time. High grade chems and lisents can be farmed in el verloon. but cant find a limpid skin for anything. wood and metal seem to of become rare. unless you count aromatic or tin. Those items that are sold by npcs simply need to be removed from the drop table all together. and while my inventorys and storages are being filled with grade 2 gems there certaintly isnt enough chems dropping in game for the quantity of gems falling. I think what seemed good on paper or in theory has much to be desired in practicle application regarding the drop system revisions. frankly if the drops arent worthy of my time to farm, there is no point to farming or leveling. (as there has not been in the past month.) and if there is no point to farming or leveling there isnt much point to playing, or even logging in. and we've lost enough players and friends to other games as it is.

#8 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Drop Rates is not that broken, i do think mobs should drop more powders but honestly for lisents, drops aren't to bad as they are. 40 lisent HG every 3 hours, knowing that now u need only 10 per try is not that horrible. They said they wanted to make having 15s a challenge, so ofcourse i don't think their aim is to make 200 Hg 300 Pb 50Cr 30 Au and a crap load of powders dropping in only 3 hours of farming like it was the case before.

It s already a complete pain that some ppl have such stocks that they ll never have to farm again. It makes the situation being unfair true, for all the new players or the ones who don't have those kind of stocks... but somehow... they have to start somewhere.

I understand your point, and i do know lower lvls got better drops than lvl 220 "catalyst wise", i do think it s not a good thing, but the situation is not as dark as you describe it. A boost in the drop rate is needed, more precisely on powders, a slight boost on lisents maybe... but nothing too big, else refining will become once again a given thing, not giving any challenge, and so, not being any kind of achievement.

Arti NEED better chems tho x_x

Huh? Have you played at lvl 220 on orlo in the last 4 weeks? 4 hours nets you about 5-10 lisent hg...some low essence, some essence...and some pink powder. 1st grade gems drop, and a whole lot of material that drops around zant drops on orlo. The drop system is absolutely 100% broken. Nobody is bothering to play on orlo because there is nothing to earn or gain. People play a game in order to feel that they are winning or accomplishing something. There is nothing to accomplish at level 220 right now because orlo is a total waste of time. And seeing as how there is really nothing other than orlo, the game is a waste of time right now unless you play through your store.

The refine system is plenty hard to do. It costs hundreds of millions in zulie to refine gear to 15s.(unless you have the ability to earn your lisents) Just because some people have private stocks of refines, should not affect that ongoing game play for other people who do not have those stores. Even though I am quite rich, I don't have private stocks of catalysts and find it unbelievably frustrating that even if I wanted to pay the billions it would cost to refine something to 15 right now(with cr at 4million each ETC), I cannot find the amounts of catalyst in all the stores combined in order to do it. If this situation wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

Again, do not confuse the people who took advantage of the catalysts raining(dev mistake, not ours) with big private stocks of catalysts vs others who would like to be able to have the ability to refine their gear. It is absolutely 100% impossible to refine your own gear by getting your own drops without farming for 1000s of hours the way it is now. The drop system is about 1/10th or less than what it needs to be. Other types of lisents need to drop as well and in much greater amounts. 4 hours, 5-10 lisent hg? That's not even worthwhile to play for.

Just look around...very few people are playing the game...less and less every day.

The fix isn't hard...restore it to the way it was before and divide the drops by 2. About half of what dropped before is roughly about fair. Before the Big Stupid Update(BSU) it was starting to get refined down to about the right numbers of drops...nothing was raining anymore like it did a couple updates before that. It took 4 hours to get like 15-20 lisent hg, 3 or 4 lisent au and some pb etc. Those amounts are totally fair and allow the player to feel like they are moving forward in the game/achieving something. It generally can take 100s of lisents to refine just 1 of something so those numbers transmit into 100s of hours of game play to refine your gear. That's a totally fair and reasonable number.

Now...on to chemical. There are not nearly enough high level chemicals dropping and its getting to the point where people without huge inventories of chemical from before will be unable to craft gems. I imagine that a number of people are already in that position. Again, I attribute this largely to the fact that Orlo is garbage right now.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 31 March 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#9 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

Nothing really negative about this patch just stuff from patches before aka fine tuning the drop system and addressing the bonus stat issue.

The only thing I would question from this patch is the removal of skill books. Since now all skills are going to be a set price and there is nothing you can do to change that. Before you could buy/sell, bourgs could make some money from buying dropped books and selling to NPC with their merchandising skill, dealers could learn discount first and buy the rest of their books they needed at a discount, no possibility of rare skills, etc.

While it will be convenient to reset now, there will be no reason for say high level players resetting to travel to less traveled areas like Eucar/Zant. So those places will be even more of a ghost town now. No more chances for low levels to see a higher level in high level gear running around Zant and be like, "oh I want to wear that when I'm high level!"

Edited by Kaizy, 31 March 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#10 dealer2

dealer2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Locationuae al ain city
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

i hope for more changes in this patch ... not just selling custome, and it is weird a mexican wrestler. mostof the player is from the philippines and europe. we r hoping this is a april fool. for us in our clan facebook. since i am planning to buy 10k for this month better to wait for good patch. again . pls address the chem for artisan ... it been a dread for the artisan. and lv 220 player. and last what is http 500 error. try to buy im point this appear. where is my email confirmation i am waiting for a 2 day for confirmation of im. it said it take 24hrs a email confirmation will b send. nice epic weapon...it will be better a new gear will be addded. a Epic gear ,,, change the color. put some fire on it ...make it look cool not weird ....not like spider spear... it look like a barQ taralula. :o

#11 StijnDP

StijnDP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationBE

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Only thing I hate about current drops is too much equipment from a lot of mobs. Imo just stop dropping yellow armor at least. That way blades from armor will be worth something again.
Yellow weapons should remain drops since prices of metal blades and niid are allready reasonable high.

It's just annoying that my equipment tab is allready full of loot while my materials tab has maybe 100items in total. I want to farm when farming, not disassemble my ass off.
Especially since you have to stand still and out of combat when disassembling + you can't pick up any new equipment whole disassembling or you get the bug where he doesn't remove the item from you bag.

For the people complaining about the lisents: buy a medal of retrieval from im seller for 10m and go farm golden or silver ** to get lisents until they fix this.
Or start a new character to get overwhelming amount of powders and [2] gems from ghosts :/

For gemcrafters who missed the most awesome gem tool ever: Gem Calculator (yes, shameless promotion).

#12 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

Patience gone? Why are you still here? Surely there must be something else that tests your patience (and ours!) far less.

It's because I refuse to quit no matter how horribly myself/my friends get treated/ignored by the developer team.

I also refuse to be chased away by idiots(like you!) with stupid comments. I find that pretty much all of people like you have no actual understanding about how frustrating it is to have over a month of not being able to do anything in a game whose days are definitely numbered...and yet here you are commenting about something you obviously know nothing about.

The worst part is the fact that the general outrage of the people affected hasn't been recorded due to the forums being down when so many people gave up and quit. I'm just one of many many people sitting here watching paint dry while the developers decide to stop working on dumb things that affect few in favour of things that affect many. The first two weeks a bunch of friends would reconnect, ask to see if the drops were fixed and then log off when they find out they aren't. Now a month later, they don't even log in any more...pretty sad. The forums being down so long certainly didn't make the game look any more stable. :o

Edited by LadyPsyber, 01 April 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#13 Galexy

Galexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationTexas, Usa
  • Server:Leonis.

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Eww bora. Stop pointing things out no one wants to see! Is SoSeductive going to get new gears now? XD
--

I don't understand all the recent rage on patch updates. Since when has there been decent things for max level players do other than the odd UW or event? There are spurts in activity when new maps, new items/equips/weaps, events, etc. are released, but most of the other time the same monotonous existence for end game players is in effect.

Drop rates and drop lists have not been ideal for a very long time...and they've been working on it, more or less, just not to the satisfaction of everyone. When the drop rates were higher, people complained (and rightly so) of the lack of farming spots. This was true for the Ruins map, which they then turned to a PvP map to help combat that? Then they nerfed all drops, given players something else to complain about. So they upped the drops again, and more complaints. Orlo maps went through a super cycle of ups and downs in drop rates and items they dropped.

It's a vicious cycle. One that most players have either gotten used to and stopped complaining about, complain their behinds off about it, or rage quit only to return later on...or never again. It's the same every patch. You'd think people would be used to it by now. And I'm not saying that people should become accustomed to bad changes and not ask for better changes to be made, I'm just saying...whatever.

#14 Recettear

Recettear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

April Lucky Box

Price : 200 Points
Required Level : No Requirement
Item Description:
Chance to win one of the following items:
60% chance of obtaining one of the following:
�Roll Hammers(50)
�Perfect Repair Hammer (5)
�Medal of Retrieval (2)
�Adventurer Medal (3)
�Gold Bar (1m) (18)

30% chance of obtaining one of the following items:
�Venurune (40)
�Plutorune (4)
�Medal of Fortune
�Red Luchador Set
�Green Luchador Set
�Blue Luchador Set

10% chance of obtaining one of the following:
�Item mall Masks Box
�Arua`s Blessing (5)
�Plutorune (10)
�Nepturune (2)

Replace the useless perfect drill from the 10% scetion and add a box that allow to get stated masks from the item mall please :o

Edited by Recettear, 01 April 2011 - 03:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users