• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ZxYondaimexZ

ZxYondaimexZ

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

SO! I used to play ragnarok online a few years back but then stopped playing due to personal, reasons and I want to jump back in, but this game has undergone quite a few changes since then and I was hoping the forum community here would mind giving me a few pointers for swordsmans/knights builds...

So I would like a build that can PvP pretty well and solo well too. hopefully I will get some good feedback from you guys.

#2 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:17 AM

Go sAVD for your stat build. Skill wise, the essential ones are Bowling Bash, Clashing Spiral, Ignition Break, Death Bound, Dragon Breath+Dragon Training, Rune Mastery. Going pure Dragon Breath works too, although I find it a bit boring.

#3 NeoJC

NeoJC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

Im a Knight also planning on coming back, what's sAVD?

#4 Smiggies

Smiggies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

Im a Knight also planning on coming back, what's sAVD?

I'm guessing it means put all your stat points into Strength, Agility, Vitality, and Dexterity (SAVD) with an emphasis on the latter three. Strength isn't as important in renewal, but as a swordman/knight/Rune knight you're gonna need at least some.

#5 NeoJC

NeoJC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

I'm guessing it means put all your stat points into Strength, Agility, Vitality, and Dexterity (SAVD) with an emphasis on the latter three. Strength isn't as important in renewal, but as a swordman/knight/Rune knight you're gonna need at least some.

crap i really hate renewal, they pretty much killed all my knowledge of this game, is this a good lvling build? I use to have an agi/crit lord knight, I came back when they implemented 3rd classes and turned him into RK, is an agi build good for party/lvling? i mean can i be usefull as an agi RK in Thor/bio/(insert scary dungeon) party or I am doomed to a lonely lvling life D:?

#6 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

crap i really hate renewal, they pretty much killed all my knowledge of this game, is this a good lvling build? I use to have an agi/crit lord knight, I came back when they implemented 3rd classes and turned him into RK, is an agi build good for party/lvling? i mean can i be usefull as an agi RK in Thor/bio/(insert scary dungeon) party or I am doomed to a lonely lvling life D:?

I would also like to know the answer to this. I am also in the same boat as NeoJC. The only knowledge that I know of about swordman are CRI/AGI built.

#7 KKWL

KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

The build I used after resetting skills/stats on my knight was from the irowiki page

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Knight

First build listed as Hybrid the only difference is less str, agi/vit/dex play around with these as for int/luk I'm not too sure you do want to have some Int if you are gonna spam skills and I think you still raise them in multiples of 6, Luk I dunno maybe get 30 Luk if you can fit that into your build.

Skill build I went for the Bowling bash tree and after that I picked up the Pecopeco skills and maxed out spear mastery since you can use BB with any weapon. I also picked up lvl 5 Pierce and lvl 3 Spear Stab but I probably should've used those points on my 1st Class skills.

My knight's current stats are 87/50:
44+16 str I planned out for 60-70 str and I think that was a bad choice a minimum of 50 str for melee classes imo should be good enough although once you are 3rd class its possible to have 100 in 4 stats I think.
63+7 agi (this is only possible with Undershirt+Pantie) otherwise I'd probably go for 70-80 agi max
60+10 vit I could go for more but that means get lower agi, having about 80 vit at 99 with my gear I'll have about 14k HP which won't matter since I plan to transcend and all that jazz.
1 Int might go for 24-36 depending on what I have left over
63+6 dex (70 if I have my robo eyes on) I went for 70 dex max which seems to be the minimum, 80 dex would be preferred but again you have to do a lot of stat rebalancing
1+4 Luk maybe 30 luk max.

I think if I went for 50 str max with gear I'd have more points to play around with on Agi/Vit/Dex

As for gear I'm using:
Evolved Bapho Horns (Kafra shop) +2 str
Nile rose of mustle x2
Undershirt
Pantie
Eden equips I use the boots
Pirate Dagger
Robo Eye (Kafra shop)
Hellfire, Crescent Scythe, Fire Two-handed sword, Claymore, Eden slayer, Katzbalger, Schwiezersable (sp?)

Now if you did want more agi and flee then perhaps go for the mini-propeller (kafra shop version) as it gives you agi, dex and an extra 10 flee.

I also have the full Morrigane set at my disposal but that was expensive to invest in...but its nice for an AGI Spear Sader!

Edited by KKWL, 15 May 2011 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users