#1 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

So I'm new to the server and ready to advance from thief to next job. However, I'm unsure whether to make a Chaser or a Glt-X, both of which seem to be great classes.

So what are your recommendations? (possibly from personal experiences)
and what r the general ups-and-downs of each in your opinions?

Thanks in Advance, any advice is greatly appreciated :o

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

GX:
Higher hp mod than Chaser(GX hp mod rivals RG hp mod)
Tougher to level compared to Chaser
Higher single target DPS compared to Chaser, but lower AoE DPS compared to Chaser(This is what makes it harder for GX to level)
Stat maturity through leveling can get complicated in terms of balancing it out before getting to lvl150
GX Poisons and EDP
In most cases will not equip a shield

Chaser:
Easier to level compared to GX
Lower single-target DPS compared to GX, but higher AoE DPS compared to GX(Fire Traps)
Average hp mod
Stat build is not so complicated compared to GX. Just get Dex for Fire Traps and Vit for hp. Strength is not needed. Fire Traps never miss.
Intimidate and Reproduce allows the Chaser to copy and store 2 skills at the same time, allowing for diversity.
In most cases will equip a shield

If a Shadow Chaser were to fight a prepared GX, the GX should win if they go all-out with their GX poisons(Oblivion Curse being the GX poison to seal their fate).

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

I would just like to point out the fact that before you would go Shadow Chaser or Guillotine Cross you would still have to or really should get to lvl 99/70 as a Trans. I would also point out that it is much easier to lvl a Assassin/Cross then a Rogue/Stalker from 1-99. I know the above post points out that post 3rd class this isn't the case but during the initial and trans lvling Sins are much easier to lvl imho.

EDIT: You can see below that my main seems to be the SinX but actually my main is my recently 99'd Wizzard :( it was just so much harder lvling him. THANK YOU 2x XP EVENT + HE BM's + MAGIC STRING'S. All of these helped me get from 95-99 in just 2 or 3 nights with an hour or so each night on Magmarrings.

#4 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

GX:
Higher hp mod than Chaser(GX hp mod rivals RG hp mod)
Tougher to level compared to Chaser
Higher single target DPS compared to Chaser, but lower AoE DPS compared to Chaser(This is what makes it harder for GX to level)
Stat maturity through leveling can get complicated in terms of balancing it out before getting to lvl150
GX Poisons and EDP
In most cases will not equip a shield

Chaser:
Easier to level compared to GX
Lower single-target DPS compared to GX, but higher AoE DPS compared to GX(Fire Traps)
Average hp mod
Stat build is not so complicated compared to GX. Just get Dex for Fire Traps and Vit for hp. Strength is not needed. Fire Traps never miss.
Intimidate and Reproduce allows the Chaser to copy and store 2 skills at the same time, allowing for diversity.
In most cases will equip a shield

If a Shadow Chaser were to fight a prepared GX, the GX should win if they go all-out with their GX poisons(Oblivion Curse being the GX poison to seal their fate).

Thanks a lot, great info and really helpful when I decided what to choose. I decided on (and finally reached) Shadow Chaser :blink:

#5 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

They have identical hp mods. Person is wrong rofl

#6 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

I would just like to point out the fact that before you would go Shadow Chaser or Guillotine Cross you would still have to or really should get to lvl 99/70 as a Trans. I would also point out that it is much easier to lvl a Assassin/Cross then a Rogue/Stalker from 1-99. I know the above post points out that post 3rd class this isn't the case but during the initial and trans lvling Sins are much easier to lvl imho.

EDIT: You can see below that my main seems to be the SinX but actually my main is my recently 99'd Wizzard :blink: it was just so much harder lvling him. THANK YOU 2x XP EVENT + HE BM's + MAGIC STRING'S. All of these helped me get from 95-99 in just 2 or 3 nights with an hour or so each night on Magmarrings.

You were right, stalkers were fairly difficult to level but once you get used to using traps it starts to go by fairly quickly (but pot heavy :S). Luckily had the help of events :angry:

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

They have identical hp mods. Person is wrong rofl

Oh you're right. I just checked the stat calc lol! Funny how the devs decided to buff the Chaser hp pool. Back in pre-renewal the Stalker had a sucky ass hp pool compared to the SinX. Just goes to show how you should always go with 3-2 instead of 3-1. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users