• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Colors

Colors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hi, I'm a new Shadow Chaser and I have a few questions about skills and leveling. I would appreciate any input you have to offer!

I will be using a rideword hat and a +10 main gauche w/ x4 hunter fly cards for leveling purposes.

1. What skills should be priority when starting out as a job level 1 shadow chaser?

2. Is it efficient to use fire traps to level to 150?

3. Is the Maelstrom skill useful at all?

4. How does this skill build look? http://web.hc.keio.a...xqndsededjQjNIn

Edited by Colors, 03 April 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

The first thing you should always get is Fire Trap lvl5 through Reproduce lvl5. That skill alone is efficient enough to get you to level 150.

Maelstrom is quite useful for WoE. I can't say the same for PvM though, since I haven't tried it out yet.

Pertaining to the skill simulator that you provided, I'd suggest you get Hide 10 and not 8. You don't need Steal 10.

Try to invest in getting Stalk to 5 instead of 3 by getting rid of AutoShadowSpell. Trust me, unless you plan on having 190+aspd, you're not going to want AutoShadowSpell maxed at all. It's a waste of skill points unless you plan on being a Dagger Chaser. If you want Full Divest, you might as well get lvl1 Divest Accessory as well.

I'm assuming this build you're going with is for WoE, right? Here is the revised build similar to yours. You'll have 2 extra skill points to put anywhere.

#3 Colors

Colors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

Thanks a lot TK!

#4 Colors

Colors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

GuardianTK would you mind posting your woe skill build?

#5 Colors

Colors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

What kind of weapons are used by shadow chasers in woe to do the most damage?

#6 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

I think most of them use Combat Knife.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

I think most of them use Combat Knife.

You're right and wrong about that.

In case some of you didn't know, Fire Trap carries over any status a weapon may be able to inflict. Say you had a Quad Cursing Main Gauche. You'd be Cursing anyone that came into contact with your Fire Traps by a 20% chance(Unless they were a higher level and had Luck). It's good to have a variety of status weapons for use during WoE. Combat Knife for 10% demihuman damage reduction. Personally I use a Quad Sleep Main Gauche so that I can put people who try to run away to Sleep by using Flying Kick on them(Assuming they're around my level and have no Agi for Sleep resist). Then you have the Quad Silence Main Gauche for Silencing people. Stun Main Gauche is only useful when you're at a higher level compared to the people you fight. Gradually everyone will get 100% stun resist in the long run. So it becomes less useful in end-game situations.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is the use behind Shadow Form. Would you use a Combat Knife to reduce the damage you receive in a moment's notice or would you equip something else to take in more damage to yourself on purpose? The imagination is up to you. -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users