Bring back old Payon! - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bring back old Payon!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Bring back old Payon! (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Should old Payon be brought back?

1. Yes! I loved old Payon. (88 votes [89.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.80%

2. No, I prefer the new one. (10 votes [10.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 acheddadi

acheddadi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

I don't know about you guys but when I first started playing RO, I was immediately drawn to Payon. That's right, I'm talking about Old Payon. For those of you who weren't there when it existed, here it is in all of it's glory :

Posted Image

It was small and well organized. Everything was in reach and it didn't take very long for anyone to familiarize themselves with it's layout. I know Prontera is the "Capital" of Rune Midgard, but if you ask any Veteran player, they will all tell you that Old Payon was the real capital of RM. I quit RO just around when Payon was redesigned.

Let's face it, most people play RO because of the amazing community this game has to offer. Well to me Payon was the foundation on which this community was built. Because the town was so small, it wasn't very hard for players to bump into each other. Groups started forming up, they hung out in the same usual spots, more players would walk by and eventually those groups would expand so much that everyone knew each other. The appeal of Payon compared to other cities wasn't only because of it's layout, but also because it is home of one of the most memorable dungeons in the game, Payon "Caves".

Although the new Payon is relatively more modern, Gravity has made it FAR too big without adding any extra content to fill the voids. Payon has lost ALL of it's appeal. I think that if old Payon were to be brought back, a lot of Veteran players would be tempted to come back and play. I realize that bringing back old Payon would actually mean you guys would have to work, but isn't that your job anyways? So what if you'll have to hire a few guys to work overtime?

What do you guys think? Am I the only one that had such strong emotional attachment to old Payon?

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Edited by acheddadi, 07 April 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#2 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

What do you guys think? Am I the only one that had such strong emotional attachment to old Payon?

Nah, I think everyone that has ever been in Old Payon would agree with you that Old Payon was Best Payon. It just had more.... Character. Payon now is just, nothing in comparison. For me Payon's only meaning now is the place where you go for the Kafra shop and the upgrades, nothing more. Where it used to be an awesome little archer village where everybody could hang out, it is now just another random save location.

But sadly I don't see a reversal happening anytime soon, Payon has just grown and is now more modern, we have to deal with that.

Edited by Chucklet, 02 June 2011 - 02:55 AM.

#3 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Yes, and while they're at it, they should bring back Morroc and the desert maps as well. It all seems a bit like a plan to centralise the entire Ragnarok commerce to Prontera for some reason. In the early days, the traders were almost balanced between Prontera, Payon, and Morroc. Then Payon was transformed from an organised little city into a jungle village, while Morroc became the victim of the most unnecessary update the game has ever seen, which still makes people wonder what substances the Gravity staff were smoking when they got the idea. :(

#4 acheddadi

acheddadi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yes, and while they're at it, they should bring back Morroc and the desert maps as well. It all seems a bit like a plan to centralise the entire Ragnarok commerce to Prontera for some reason. In the early days, the traders were almost balanced between Prontera, Payon, and Morroc. Then Payon was transformed from an organised little city into a jungle village, while Morroc became the victim of the most unnecessary update the game has ever seen, which still makes people wonder what substances the Gravity staff were smoking when they got the idea. :(

Yeah, I also feel like they're forgetting about new/lower level players. Most of the new episodes are aimed to please players that're already max level and that just don't know what to do anymore.

I play Valkyrie, and with an average of 2000~2500 players maybe 10 of those are in Morroc, because of how bare and useless the town now is. Payon has what, MAXIMUM 50 players in town? People only go to Prontera now, so much that it's becoming over populated.

#5 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

I'd like old Payon & Morroc to return, mostly because I've never seen them :(

I know what happened to Morroc, but what occurred in Payon?

#6 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

I'd like old Payon & Morroc to return, mostly because I've never seen them :(

I know what happened to Morroc, but what occurred in Payon?

They changed it from the one posted in the pic above to what it is now. Unlike with Morroc, they didn't bother to think of anything resembling a plot as to how that happened, as far as I remember. They just changed it.

#7 acheddadi

acheddadi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

Come on guys, out of the 60+ views we've only got five votes? Even if you don't have anything to say, at least cast your vote so that gravity actually takes this proposal seriously.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

I Vote'd

#9 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

bring back all the removed morroc field maps too

k thx

#10 Tassie

Tassie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationKiel Khayr's Academy
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Old Payon and Morroc were the best. Seriously.

#11 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

I barely remember this payon, they changed it few days after i started playing ro :) . But i do think that new payon is unnecessarily big.

As a side thought... if they change it back to old payon... the payon castles would still be next to the town? I don't see a spot to place the warp to payon woe map :( .

#12 Wyrd

Wyrd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

It was a sad day when they changed Payon. Original Payon PVP was better than Izlude PVP.

#13 yarumasi

yarumasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

I have mad nostalgia thinking back to the old payon. It was so convenient, I remember everyone massively hanging out right up on the steps, you'd see a few shops and quite a few circles of people chatting. That truly was nostalgia to see the photo of it. It would be a godsend from the admins to work it back, I mean, I understand the technical problem behind it (moving npc's, crap like that) but it'd win you guys over 1000 internets.

#14 Zienare

Zienare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

omg..... old payon! Damn this brings back memories... TwT -runs off to vote-

#15 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

I didn't even notice this post.

I'd love to hangout in Old Payon since Prontera is over crowded.

I'd choose this as guild spot to get more newbies and answer their Qs about everything :D whether I know the answer or not.

Please bring back Old Payon :D
Pretty please? :P

#16 MrPizza

MrPizza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Even bots miss old Payon (automatic unique 500 individual votes).

Edited by MrPizza, 12 July 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#17 Yuune

Yuune

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Voted! Loved old Payon myself too =)
And old Morroc! My old guild spot was there... til they decided to blow a crater in the middle of this beautiful town :p_sad:

#18 Axeon

Axeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Locationbehind a computer.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

I think I recall seeing something about old payon not being able to hold all the NPCs.

#19 Cyru

Cyru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

I actually like old prontera more than the new one too, simple and has more positive atmosphere :)

Edited by Cyru, 13 July 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#20 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

If you guys want Old Payon back, find where to put the NPCs. Questing is part of Ragnarok too and Old payon is too small to hold them all.

#21 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

I think I recall seeing something about old payon not being able to hold all the NPCs.

Yeah Heim said they no fit....Let's give Oda homework.
If you have 50 npc traveling towards old payon at 15 mph....

#22 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

There should be enough space (indoors and outdoors) to relocate the NPCs, no?

If I remember correctly, there's a lot of space within the Castle.

Oh: Eden Group, where Daily Quen use to be has "Old Timer" who will send you to Old Payon!

There was a decent bit of space in the old Tea House.

Edited by Lynex, 14 July 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#23 Elinu

Elinu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

I don't think most people really like new payon, and never have. Old payon is smaller and far more easier to get around. @_@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users