New/Updated UI Preview - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New/Updated UI Preview

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#26 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

The target window is amazing, it's gonna be easier to see who's spamming red jellies :>

#27 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

Wasting more time on trivial matters when there are other areas of the game that are in disrepair and need to be adjusted. Awesome.

Stylistically the UI update looks fine (besides overly large union icons). There isn't anything inherently wrong with it but I have a feeling functionality will be put on a back burner in favor of looking "nice."

The tabs while a nice idea I feel will make the window cumbersome at times because sometimes the information displayed doesn't need such a big window. If the window changes size when you switch tabs, great. But if it keeps the huge window for every tab even ones with little information, it's going to be annoying.

Edited by Kaizy, 06 April 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#28 Quid

Quid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Maybe this would be fine as a option (as would many of the recent UI changes)

#29 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:44 AM

*Jumps on couch* Im having a bit of a debate with myself today.
Im just not a fan of all the cosmetic changes. I really wish i was, but im not *shrugs*
I dont even think its because i feel there are much more important things to tackle ingame. I think its because cosmetically already, i think the game looks just fine. So im just wondering why change a good thing?

I do appreciate someone is taking the time to improve things. I just wish those efforts could be steered in another direction. For instance... Theres a map in Orlo that i really do hate.
The map on the way to the Oasis Shrine. What a pain in the backside that map is. Why cant it be there, that gets the tweaking :( I can think of other maps too that need a good sorting out. UW map for instance. Or is this a totally different Department of people that does the maps as opposed to the UI?

#30 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

new UI again!! hahaha

#31 Bookies

Bookies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

It may be something you get used to in the beginning but ask yourself this question: would you rather have everything in 1 window or several windows openend at a time?

I agree with Geddeh on this one, and having our inventory in a separate window means we don't need to have our gear taking up room on our screen when we farm!

#32 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

I agree with Geddeh on this one, and having our inventory in a separate window means we don't need to have our gear taking up room on our screen when we farm!

We wouldn't have this problem either if they had not removed the button which allowed us to hide what we wear!!!
Which just shows again that an unneeded change removed something everybody liked and contributed to mess everything up

#33 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

they need to put a minimize button in it as there was before so that all you see is your inventory (consumables/equips/mats) as you pve.

#34 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

*Jumps on couch* Im having a bit of a debate with myself today.
Im just not a fan of all the cosmetic changes. I really wish i was, but im not *shrugs*
I dont even think its because i feel there are much more important things to tackle ingame. I think its because cosmetically already, i think the game looks just fine. So im just wondering why change a good thing?

I do appreciate someone is taking the time to improve things. I just wish those efforts could be steered in another direction. For instance... Theres a map in Orlo that i really do hate.
The map on the way to the Oasis Shrine. What a pain in the backside that map is. Why cant it be there, that gets the tweaking :blink: I can think of other maps too that need a good sorting out. UW map for instance. Or is this a totally different Department of people that does the maps as opposed to the UI?

Why are you always so Naughty?

#35 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

Having the ability to manually change the size windows (e.g. PM windows, general chat window) would be pretty awesome :blink:

#36 SkepticaL

SkepticaL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

i dont know why they feel they have to change it... its fine as it is :S

#37 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

i dont know why they feel they have to change it... its fine as it is :S

Many of the changes that will take place got proposed by other players in the Proposal & Suggestion section over the past few months.

#38 SkepticaL

SkepticaL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

ah right i see fair enough ^^

#39 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Having the ability to manually change the size windows (e.g. PM windows, general chat window) would be pretty awesome :(

I think having a system such as how you might change the size of a picture in Microsoft work for the windows would be a good idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users