With the release of the new Van Cliff and earlier Ice Continent equipment, all classes were given vast improvements to their end-game gears. Since I'm a
- I took the liberty to include and use the level 70 CP sets. I know our version doesn't have them yet (don't remind me) but the time is coming!
- Most stats and gears are abbreviated to save space, but are easy enough to figure out. (S) usually refers to superior, assume premium if others.
- This is by no means an end-all guide, as there's plenty of room for customization and preferences which I might detail in each section.
- Feel free to share suggestions on how to improve the guide.
- I wish I had proper [Hide] tags.
Soulcraft Option notes:
- Soulcraft options are assumed to be at optimal numbers for "maximization", I do not recommend going for broke and maximizing every single stat on every piece as it will cost you heaps of cash and bring you only frustration and mockery.
- The soulcraft bonuses are mostly agi, hlt, and evade focused. When looking at the Total section, keep the grade required (artifact) in mind. Only added in movement speed SC option to classes that already have innate movement speed from their set.
- The total options for the soul craft bonus includes the 6 main pieces of equipment + the shield. I did not include the bonuses included with backpiece as they generally are not part of the set, and whenever you see an asterisk next to a piece of equipment, know that I did not include it within the SC bonus.
The fastest running class has always been very adept at stacking Agi. Their new bone set enhanced this further and gave vast improvements to their choices in gear and enable them to break the land speed record. The first build would be my personal choice as it has plenty of Agi, Mvspd, AND Critical Damage. You can also soul craft on some health, what more could you want!? For the Agi hungry, you can opt to use Kyros shoes if the extra Mvspd and CD is unnecessary. Bubo Shoulders can also replace the lame bone shoulders, which would be a smaller increase in agi to keep the Mvspd.
At first I didn't know what to do with the gears outside Rokoko, but Grens still can stack an impressive amount of Agi like the other classes with the 2 Ice, 2 Set, BD Helm + Bubo formula. Their new BD equips are somewhat of a mixed bag as they forgo Agi for Hlt, but this allows a nice double bone build that stacks a substantial amount of hp. Their CP set is also very powerful, being the only one I'd recommend one to use fully with 6 pieces.
Surprisingly, despite being given great skills, Ninjas did not receive very impressive end-game gears compared to the other Agi classes. If only the Str bonus from the new bone set had been Agi, and the 5 piece bonus switched with the 6 (evade for crit rate), I'd be singing a different tune about how stupendous it is. However, they still have fantastic ways to stack agi as well as CD. But overall, not much variety. For the Max Agi build, Glorious is preferred as although you lose 2 agi from the set bonus, you'll get them back with SC options, as well as 4% more evade and 2 extra hlt.
Blessed with the best and most noticeable boost in equipment from VC, rogues are sitting happy with the upgrade. Only thing that could have made it better was evade on the arms piece, but you can't have everything I suppose. The movement speed option being set at 3 pieces (like PFs) allow them to come pretty close to matching them. Their CP set is also useful, if a bit lacking in terms of CD.
As my personal class of choice, I've always had a soft spot for the support-based class. Invokers have some interesting choices, but new bone wasn't as much of a boon for us as it was for others, basically just the shield and chest piece. We are able to stack a fair amount of aim/agi thanks to Ice gears and Secmathian, but nothing over the top. Old Bone still the best way to go for defensive support types if you can afford or have it already.
New bone is also very mediocre for Warmages, usually only useful piece by piece rather than for set bonus options. They are able to stack a nice amount of CD, Int, or Hlt; but not all at the same time. The poorest when it comes to stacking agi and aim, they should probably focus on other routes, such as tank builds. Not to say they should ignore agi though.
The class everyone raves about. This section took the longest as there is simply so many options a pally can choose when it comes to gear, and it was as such before the VC equipment patch. Offensive pallies still crave the aim, mvspd, and raw defense from heirloom bone, but there are decent alternatives. Once the 70 CP sets are released, this monstrous class can obtain 400-450% CD with relative ease. As usual, "pally gets what pally wants".
The unfortunate black sheep of Barunson. As usual, myrmidons received no love from their cruel masters in the equipment department this time around to compliment their inferior sword-wielding skills. Aside from the unusual MDD arm (and the ability to use shields in general), there is not much to go on here besides full Dianos, unless you are able to get your hands on the impressive heirloom set. Sadly the CP 70 set isn't something to look forward to for this class either, as it follows the aspd and crit rate focus of the latter CP sets instead of CR and CD.
There didn't seem to be much to do or say here, but I wanted to include it for completion. (P) can stand for Perseverance or Purity, (I) for Intelligence. Alex F6 ring for the higher SC options, as well as bonus def, atk, or hp/mp. They could be replaced by VC rings since they also are in the same SC bonus bracket.
Last but not least, the IM equipment. This stuff is pretty bog standard for everyone. The full fire and water sets were listed for easy viewing, they are not recommended to be used as they are, though full fire does help when you're lower on funds and give a nice amount of hp. Basically get the critical 4 piece water, 2-3 fire pieces. Unlike the other sections, the soulcraft options in these sets INCLUDE the backpiece.
Credits and Sources:
Chapter 3 New Items (IAH)
Soulcraft Options (IAH)
Set Item Bonuses (IAH)
New VC Equipment
Legal Disclaimer: You may not copy, reproduce, modify, or distribute this document in any way
without permission from me. Don't steal guys, bad karma.
Thanks for reading!
Edited by Midoof, 19 July 2011 - 01:27 AM.