13 replies to this topic

#1 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

As some of you already know from Sagasama's thread, there may be a glitch in enchanting.
Last night I was enchanting two of my items - back and weapon (with God Bless Me medal and Eye Patch)

I usually enchant my weapon and if I get like 30 fails consecutively I switch to another item (in this case my back). After 30 tries, the insurance was applied nicely and when I switch items (via right click of item in inventory), the insurance light is still on. But, "being alert and/smart" I click on the "+" button and the insurance light is gone (grey) and then I re-click the "+" button to apply the insurance. I press F1 and continue like normal but the back item breaks.

I checked my screenshot and I found something weird, instead of saying Superior Blizzard Muffler, it says Blizzard Muffler... anyways, here are the two screenshots I took. I will keep this thread updated if WarpPortal fixes this problem or not but I think this should be brought to people's attention and instead of just switching, they should close the box and re-open it.

http://img836.images...4110020199.jpg/
http://img843.images...4110020200.jpg/ (file size is bigger because I wanted to enlarge it but it looked really bad so I resized it back to normal and saved it via photoshop under highest quality)

Edited by hungfido, 11 April 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#2 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Quite ridiculous. Highly frustrating that these things happen.

#3 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Weeeeeirrrddd.. >.>
<.<

>:/

#4 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Hmm, can you explain the purpose of those 2 pictures? I don't see anything unusual about them.

#5 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

1st picture - I applied insurance for weapon already
2nd picture - I took off my back item and gloves and attached back item to enchant box (enchant box still opened at the background, Pressed U, right clicked items off, right clicked items in invent to attach to enchant box), I press the "+" (yes it was a + sign) and it took off the scroll, then I press + again and it re-attached the scroll, I pressed enchant and it broke. Also the blizzard muffler is supposed to say Superior Blizzard Muffler+15 but on the screen it says Blizzard Muffler+15 instead (so 2-3 glitches)

#6 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Ohh, was your sword already in the enchant box when you right clicked on your back to enchant the back? I tried recreating that glitch but everything looked normal for me. Also did you look at your system tab when the item broke? I think SS of the system tab would of been better evidence of the glitch. Hope you get your item(s) restored =(

#7 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

I can vouch for hungfido on this one, I know for a fact that she uses a +15 Superior Blizzard Muffler b/c she uses the exact same type that I use and I've seen it for myself numerous times.

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but considering that Warp Portal seems to be reasonable about these issues I'm sure everything should turn out okay.

That said, it's alarming that these issues continue to arise, although it seems the simple solution is simply to exit and re-enter the enchantment window each time you switch items, as you said.

Edited by Rimmy, 11 April 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#8 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Ohh, was your sword already in the enchant box when you right clicked on your back to enchant the back? I tried recreating that glitch but everything looked normal for me. Also did you look at your system tab when the item broke? I think SS of the system tab would of been better evidence of the glitch. Hope you get your item(s) restored =(

I was enchanting the sword at first for ~30 times (all failed) then I take off my back item and then add it into the enchant box to enchant it instead. I saw the + sign in the insurance box even though the insurance is brightened so of course I clicked it and the insurance image greyed out. I clicked on the + sign again and it brightened. I then proceed enchanting as normal but this time it broke my back item.

You are right though, I should have taken the screenshot of my system too. I thought I had enough evidence by screenshotting right before I enchant.

I can vouch for hungfido on this one, I know for a fact that she uses a +15 Superior Blizzard Muffler b/c she uses the exact same type that I use and I've seen it for myself numerous times.

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but considering that Warp Portal seems to be reasonable about these issues I'm sure everything should turn out okay.

That said, it's alarming that these issues continue to arise, although it seems the simple solution is simply to exit and re-enter the enchantment window each time you switch items, as you said.

Thanks Rimmy

Maybe more people can try to re-enact what I did... it can't just be me who experiences this problem. (Hopefully no one minds losing a few insurances of course)

Edited by hungfido, 11 April 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#9 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

I've done what you did quite often before, but for some reason, I've never gotten this. The amount of enchants I do is quite high as well, so I guess it must just be extremely bad luck.

#10 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

Server lag maybe?

#11 HondaPower

HondaPower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

same thing happen to my lil brother warrior he was inchanting his lvl 58 valkrye sword and got it to +9 and was trying for 10 and he was using the insureance scroll but it wa sstill destroy and i ticket then and got a reply but it didnt help it just told me to do this and that did it and still no reply he just want his sword back that all and try to make it +10 but this game is getting fustrating with all this glitch and mishaps

#12 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

The system is not broken. Due to not closing the enchant UI and swapping the item, there is a chance for the Insurance to appear in color. The + sign is available, meaning an enchant insurance is required. The color of the insurance is currently being reviewed by the developer to have it removed.

#13 HondaPower

HondaPower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:06 AM

The system is not broken. Due to not closing the enchant UI and swapping the item, there is a chance for the Insurance to appear in color. The + sign is available, meaning an enchant insurance is required. The color of the insurance is currently being reviewed by the developer to have it removed.

but what about the ppl that got there item destroy cause of that cause i sent in tickets and nothing happen and they did reply back.

#14 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

It depends on the support team. The instances vary. It also depends as some users have been abusing the chances the support team has given inorder to obtain a better likelihood of success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users