Zoma

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Marcos, TX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hi there Warp Portal community! I've come back to RO recently with a few friends after a 2 year hiatus or so, and renewal has brought about a lot of changes, a lot of which were welcome. However, I've been failing to find up-to-date information on Mechanics choosing to not go MADO. Back when I played there was tons of theory crafting, and lots of guides to give people an idea of what to do. What concerns me is that it seems like the popular opinion is that Mechanic is one of the worst 3rd class jobs. I've traditionally played Blacksmith/Mastersmith through thick and thin, and I still plan on playing it. Can anyone give me a good idea as to why Mechanics (non-MADO ones specifically) are such a bad class in comparison to the others? Thanks a ton!

#2 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Mechanic (Axe or Mado) isn't a bad class at all. People assume that they're bad because most of the time they're looking for a class who can one shot easily in WoE. Also, they think they're bad because any guilds or parties would be fine without any BS/MS/Mechs (especially now that they added the Repair option if VIP.)

But either build is great, PvM AND WoE. Axe Mechanics can't really one shot, so PvM is done with Axe Tornado (other axe skills are crap IMO) and WoE is done with HSCR. The Mechanic skill tree is mostly Mado though, they can Knuckle Boost, Arm Cannon and Ice Launcher, which does great damage. Suicidal Destruction is another one. It's the only skill that can one shot people, (with the exception of some RKs or RGs), but there's a 5 minute cooldown afterwards.

You can find up-to-date information here at the forums and at iROWiki Forums. A lot of people still play Mechanics than it looks.

Hope that helps. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users