no monthly fees? for real? - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

no monthly fees? for real?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HeroineBeth

HeroineBeth

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:59 AM

I've seen the update on the Ragnarok homepage that says "No more monthly payment fees". To me,I believe that this mmorpg is now free to play. Am I right,or am I wrong?

#2 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

I've seen the update on the Ragnarok homepage that says "No more monthly payment fees". To me,I believe that this mmorpg is now free to play. Am I right,or am I wrong?

Technically you are right. However in Reality it's both true and false.

You see this game was always free to play (F2P), you just could only play on the Valkyrie server alone for free whereas Ymir and Ygg servers required the about $7 a month.

Now all servers are open. But they have all been reduced to basic exp and safe limits on the weapon upgrades are gone.

UNLESS you buy their VIP package, which is the same price that the monthly subscriptions were. Also all servers can get the VIP Bonus so that basically there is no difference between them except that Valky still has all those damn bots from before still around.

#3 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

...and safe limits on the weapon upgrades are gone.

I thought it was the opposite and the safety limits had returned to Valkyrie?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Yeah - it's now all free to play, unless you want to subscribe for VIP benefits, or buy kafra shop items.

If you want to spend piles of money though, it's easy to blow big wads of cash on the kafra shop...

I thought it was the opposite and the safety limits had returned to Valkyrie?

This is correct - all servers now have safe limits. The GMs are making up the lost revenue with the HD upgrading system.

With an unpaid (not-VIP) account, you can access all servers. 1x rates, 3% death penalty.
You cannot create characters on Ymir, and can only create chars in the first 3 slots on valk/ygg, but you can access any existing ones.
You cannot use kafra teleports (like old valk).

With a paid (VIP) account, you can access all servers, 1.5x rates, 1% death penalty.
You can create up to 9 chars on each server. Characters created with VIP account are still accessible when the VIP sub runs out. *
You have access to kafra teleport.
You can use premium-only NPCs, notably including the one in Eden Group HQ that provides 32.5 minute +7 stat-food effect to all stats, on demand, for free, to any VIP player.
In the future, some new content may require a kafra shop item in to be accessed by non-VIP players, but will be accessible without a key to VIP players.

*Yes, this means you can pay 1 month VIP, create 9 novices on Ymir, and then never pay the VIP sub again and freely use all those chars.

#5 HeroineBeth

HeroineBeth

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

This is good news because before,I had installed the game client,then had to uninstall it because the game would not play,being pay per month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users