Make "Preserve" toggleable. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make "Preserve" toggleable.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

Yes, this might not concern everyone but us Rogue classed players whom exploit the skill Intimidate, it's quite a nuisance, let me explain the skill: Intimidate, the skill: Preserve and the problem.

Intimidate lets you copy any first 1st and 2nd class skill that has inflicted direkt damage on you, like Raging Trifecta Blow and Bowling Bash, probably the two most popular leveling skills for Rogues and Stalkers. But as soon as you are hit with another skill fit for Intimidate, the skill you previously used is now replaced.

Preserve is a stalker skill only and it lets you, like the name says, preserve the skill you have copied with Intimidate. It's an active skill so you have to keep an eye out for the little icon on the right indicating if it's on or not.

The problem: Preserve turns itself off all the time without you ever knowing it.
Step into a warp to go to Magmarings? Preserve turn off, you arrive, might be hit by a Droseras Pierce lv 5 and now they skill you wanted to save is gone before you even have the time to turn Preserve back on.
Walk into another map, Sometimes and sometime not, preserve will turn itself of, depends on what map you left from, I turned on preserve when I walked from Prontera down to Poring Island, cleared the first map change and preserve was still active, but when I changed map from the desert to poring island, it turned itself off, and I didn't notice this, and thus my skill got lost to Ghostring.

I've tried solving this, I put an eggclock on my desk for 5min, just for the purpose of recharging Preserve, which skill time is 10min, but still, I manange to lose the skill multiple times a day.
I mean, c'mon should I really have to have an egg clock to make sure I rememember to put Preserve on? That's not fun.

The solution could be just to make sure it doesn't turn off every time you change area, or even better, make it Toggleable, like Reproduce.
Once you've activated the skill, your copied skill won't be replaced unless you toggle the skill again or maybe relog.

Screenshots.

Before map change:

Posted Image

After map change:

Posted Image

This might not seem like a big problem to some of you, but it is, it's extremely annoying trying to reacquire skill such as Bowling Bash unless you have a knight friend available, and for what? Because you walked from one map to the next? Even if you try to use Preserve right at the door when you change map, there might be aggresive monsters.

So, please do all us Rogue classed players a favor, improve preserve.

#2 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

Sadly been like this forever. Changing certain zone servers/maps = lose Preserve.

All I can say is I got so frustrated with it back a year ago at that I made a trifecta 10 monk, cause that skill is usually nonexistent anyways. So since alt accounts are free now its something to consider to make a BB knight, etc.

Just be ready to use preserve every time you change maps/hop a portal, etc. I mean I got into that habit pretty easy. Even more so when Preserve never had the timer at all. I'd use it all the time.

And its not just Preserve that can lost in this, some other buffs disappear too, with Preserve being the most noticeable I suppose. So unless they change preserve to a toggle yeah that would probably get rid of the nuisance, either that or they figure out how to make map changing/zone servers not break your buffs somehow.

Edited by Katreyn, 17 April 2011 - 04:03 AM.

#3 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:06 AM

This happens to a lot of skills... Sadly.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:10 AM

Not only preserve, but it would be nice if there was a fix for all skills you lose from map change. For example, I can soul link my smith, then advance AR at the inn during woe, just to find out that after warping to the castle, the buff is gone. Several other buffs dissapear on map server change too.

Maybe increasing the array that contains the list of buffs when copying the chara from one server to the other could bring a solution?

#5 Ciler

Ciler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

The problem: Preserve turns itself off all the time without you ever knowing it.

Preserve (also all soul links) disappears when you change physical zone server. It has been the case since the skill exists. AFAIK, the problem is with the software, and ther's not much that can be done about it.

This has been a recurring issue with the valfreja WoE2 realm where the castles where on a different zone from the realm map, since you'd lose preserve and links getting into the castle.

Solution: learn which map changes make you lose it, and portal cast it.

#6 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, I sort of had prepared myself for a fact that nothing could be done. All I can say is "bummer".
I've also had thoughts about making a Slave BB knight, but I am at lv 95 stalker so, kind of pointless, in 4 levels I'll only be spamming Fire trap.

Thanks for the replys~

#7 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

Changing maps also sometimes resets the party settings (such as Even Share vs Each Take). It'd be good if they improved it so the game remembers more things consistently between maps/zones.

#8 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

Changing maps also sometimes resets the party settings (such as Even Share vs Each Take). It'd be good if they improved it so the game remembers more things consistently between maps/zones.

Oh yeah, I hate when that happens...every time someone leaves the map or dies and come back, it goes back into Each take, I was leeching my baby for like half an hour at lvl 99 before I realized that it had gone back to each take.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users