Maintenance Forever Overun - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Maintenance Forever Overun

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Maintenance always running late, add an hour to scheduled time and finish it early so we can all be happy thinking you guys finished early and we are lucky.

Thanks!

#2 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

Wonder why it takes them so long for such a small game? Pretty much every other MMO maintenance will last an hour the most unless it's a huge update.

#3 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

Or they could change it back to the old time, when no one was awake to give a :Emo_15: anyway.

#4 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

I concur with all of these statements. And I'm curious as to how with no gigantic updates or events, it still takes more than 4 hours?

#5 WarrSage

WarrSage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

my old game maint was on saturday only lasted 10 mins D: everyone logged off hopped on msn and then log back on

#6 KmXSrd

KmXSrd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBristol, England
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

WoW's maintenance lasts 6 hours, but then again that game is freakin' huge compared to this, they also don't do maintenance during the day...

#7 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

I concur with all of these statements. And I'm curious as to how with no gigantic updates or events, it still takes more than 4 hours?

There is an event actually, albeit a small one. But getting any event functioning properly is a large feat for Gravity as we have seen.

#8 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Wonder why it takes them so long for such a small game? Pretty much every other MMO maintenance will last an hour the most unless it's a huge update.

Back up, OCA.

Don't know if applies to western games, but most of the other Japanese MMO portal sites I know of out there have a maintenance of 5+ hours usually. Maybe the same thing for WP?

#9 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Oh dear, still running over the clock are we? At least they could give us a heads up somewhere on forums about it.

Also, wonder if anyone else noticed that the maintenance times were changed to coincide with "normal" work hours in PST. Bet Gravity got tired of paying overtime or having more employees to cover the maint night shifts?

Either way, those above are right about the event being implemented - they have to hide all those Easter Eggs, don't they?

Edited by Nilami, 21 April 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#10 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

It always takes longer nowadays because they have to doublecheck they didn't implement a gamebreaking NPC by accident... :Emo_15:

But in all seriousness, the hamsters that power the server just needed to rest for a little while longer...

#11 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Small welcoming party for the new hamster? Quick shake paws takes longer when you have a 10 second memory.

#12 Project66

Project66

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

i dont understand they disconnect us on time of their maintenance but they cant finish on time of wat they schedule said, other MMO's i played maintenance is on time only this game that god knows wat time they will be up even though they put schedule they cant still make it on time i dont get it! :Emo_15:

#13 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

Yeah seriously lets get the maintence on time all other games usually take 1 hour 2 MAX...

#14 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

spin the gd wheel of maint already, this is 2 weeks in a flipping row thats PAST an hour past time. 2x

#15 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

It might have something with out amount of games they do maintenance for at once. One has to wonder why they take this approach... Dealing with each server at a time tends to provide shorter downtimes.

It wouldnâ??t even be a big deal if they did not change maintenance to prime playing time. One bad choice after another.

#16 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

My guess:

Maintenance is not just where they update the bugs, but they have "time" to test :Emo_15: out on the server, do some bug testing, check if the stuff they put in is alright and-_- around.

Honestly, that last part I had to add. When it takes 4 hours and don't say what you have been doing we will assume you were dicking around

#17 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

My guess:

Maintenance is not just where they update the bugs, but they have "time" to test :Emo_15: out on the server, do some bug testing, check if the stuff they put in is alright and-_- around.

Honestly, that last part I had to add. When it takes 4 hours and don't say what you have been doing we will assume you were dicking around

them. testing? really?

#18 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

The GMs put on magnetized shoes and riverdance on your servers. Well, I guess I'ma spend the evening on Rift

#19 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

spin the gd wheel of maint already, this is 2 weeks in a flipping row thats PAST an hour past time. 2x

My guess is that they have been spinning the maintenance wheel, it just keeps landing on "extra maintenance" with a side order of "surprise maintenance" for later.

Or perhaps one of the hamsters went Code the Redeemer on the others and the GM team had to take a trip to the nearest pet store to replace their server powering team.

#20 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

1:30 minutes late and counting !!! didn't the maintence start early xD

#21 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

I honestly don't mind them running late on Maintenance, but an estimate would be nice...

"Sorry guys. There's still a lot left to do! ETA 7 PM PST"

That way we could adjust plans and things, y'know?

#22 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

My guess:

I wonder why they don't just use the test server for testing. I say that without sarcasm, I honestly do wonder. :Emo_15: They could add any additions/changes to Sakray first before 1pm PST, fix any issues, then port it over when its all working. Would avoid strange issues like the Pet crash bug making it to main servers and being left in for a week until they can do a big maint again. Same goes for when they changed Battlegrounds which created major bugs and then they had to spawn crazy monsters to block it for a week until the next big maint. And the PvP Pront event with the Sader/Priest job change quest bugs for a week and....etc.

Edited by soudou, 21 April 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#23 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

it would be nice if it was just not at the peek population time you could even do 2 days 2h

#24 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

While you were all raging here, the servers came up and we killed all the MvPs!
Thanks for being easily distracted :Emo_15:

#25 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

Just change the maintenance time, just like 2:00a.m - 6:00a.m. so no one gets to feel the crappy feeling that you guys aren't doing anything, just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users