SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

What I've noticed at Snappers (orlo):

- Normal mobs drop Essence/ Ethers on a regular base/ pink powder once every 5 min.
- Leaders drop Elixers on a regular base/ purple powder every 5 min.
- Ghosts still drop every single Gem 2/Purples/Hg.
- Mana Metal/Steam/Oil drop like candy. Atleast 1-2 every wave.
- Tonns of yellow armor.
- Bird/devil feathers...( Now that makes sense ).
- Ancient scarab: only once. ( so far ).
- Some random drill who's name got changed 5 times and is prolly nothing compared to the Item Mall version, dun care enough to read what it does.

No sign of Lisents.

Edit: Tested Mastyx, same system as above for both normal and leaders.

Still no sign of lisents.

Edit2: Tested Devourers/ Scorpions, STAY AWAY FROM BOTH. Without the purple/elixer boost from leader type mobs it is not worth your time.
Unless you want Gem2's from ghosts.

Edit...(lost count ): Aspers spot in Wastelands is pretty much the same as Mastyx but with a king.

And still no sign of Lisents ;P

Could sum1 check Gates of Muris pl0x.

Edited by SilverBlood, 22 April 2011 - 08:59 AM.

#2 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Since its 3 am here, its too late to test anything. But tomorrow me and some clannies we will. Not for feedback to the dev team to be honest, theres feedback threads every week now and i really dont believe they take them in consideration (this patch proves it once again). But to be able to critizice something, one has to test it, right? So (with no expectations) Orlo here i come.
Note: from what you said, they fixed pat drops (some at least) and a few better chems than last weeks... Being 220 will not allow to get gems and lisents are still bad. Right, no expectations indeed :Emo_15:

#3 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

Since its 3 am here, its too late to test anything. But tomorrow me and some clannies we will. Not for feedback to the dev team to be honest, theres feedback threads every week now and i really dont believe they take them in consideration (this patch proves it once again). But to be able to critizice something, one has to test it, right? So (with no expectations) Orlo here i come.
Note: from what you said, they fixed pat drops (some at least) and a few better chems than last weeks... Being 220 will not allow to get gems and lisents are still bad. Right, no expectations indeed :Emo_15:

The quantity of powders/chems isnt...that...bad. But only having access to 2 out of 300 types of powders/lisents still makes me facepalm.

Also, i'm doubting the " having access to " part when it comes down to Lisents, cuz I haven't seen them (YET).

Edited by SilverBlood, 22 April 2011 - 08:43 AM.

#4 raindeth

raindeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

I confirm that lots of pink powders, random PAT stuff dropping on Orlo.

Also, tons of Dirty rune stones, dirty zodiacs, little angel/devil/ bird feathers, essence,nymph essense/powder and hp/mp. In other words, stuff that DROPS OUTSIDE OF JUNON. Why is this is case? What is the reasoning behind why farming junon polis = farming orlo

EDIT: Bosses should always drop rare stuff. Yet I am consistently getting drops from 1/4 desert scavanger leaders. This is wrong. Even regular mobs seem to be dropping 100% at red, while red bosses drop nothing. Why do bosses drop nothing again?

Edited by raindeth, 21 April 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#5 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

Gawd.
The small profit that can be made from chems/purple powders gets trown into oblivion when buying Medals of Fortune just to get those drops in the first place.

Edited by SilverBlood, 22 April 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#6 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

So the test! (a small one :Emo_15:)
Farming for exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes (did it from the point of view of an occasionnal gamer not a hard core one). 1 scout level 218 and a cleric level 220. Note: i picked every drop as they were falling, leaving only armors i couldnt get after my chars got full.
Note: i am aware that the new drop system works from the point of view of the type of mob you kill more than from the level you are. Still, since i disagree with that system, i will make my comments based on the levels of my chars and the map i was playing in.
Spot:
Posted Image
Mobs: Mastyx (monster class: guard) and Archaic Mastyx (monster class: leader) and 2 kings.
First considerations. The drop rate of yellow armors is way too high. In 20 minutes, both characters were full (would take an hour for a party of six people). The ratio between yellows and blues is barely 1 blue each 30 yellow (not an exact count but its very close to those numbers). Amongst all those equipments 4 simples jewels dropped (reasonnable amount i think for crafting purposes) and from the blue only 1 legendary (aurum plate boots). The quantity of hp/mp drops is quite high but seems lower than last week (based on different farming spots and different characters, so not an accurate statement). The 2 Kings dropped: nothing and a legendary six stick bow gun. I wont even comment the kings drops, they speak for themselves.
Next i'll list every drop i got, both consumables and materials. Yea i know its probably something nobody will care to read, but here goes nonetheless.
Consumables:
Dirty crystal (6)
Dirty ore (8)
Dirty heart stone (8)
Dirty stone (9)
Dirty spiritual stone (10)
Destruction drill (4)
Dirty mythrill drill (7)
Dirty rune stone (5)
Dirty zodiac stone (5)
Comments:
All the dirties are mats needed for crafting so its good to see you can get all of them in the same spot. The quantities seem reassonable for a little more than one hour play. Just a negative note: why on earth do we get the worse drill in game in the highest map available?

Materials (alphabetical order more or less :Emo_15:):
8th talisman and bindrunes *sigh* (18 and 14)
Aetil (17)
Animal Backbone (25)
Ancient Gold coins (7)
Bird Feather (19)
Dead Wood (13)
Dry Scale (10)
Distilled Water *sigh* (8)
Dry Leather (5)
Ether (20)
Elixir (15)
Essence (12)
Ink (12)
Little devil and Angel Feathers (17 and 17)
Mana Metal (16)
Mana Heat (13)
Mana Oil (20)
Mercury (18)
Meteorite (19)
Nymph Essence (23)
Nymph Powder (11)
Pink Powder (19)
Purple Powder (22)
Precious Platinum Thread (14)
Sharp Iron Piece (13)
Sheer Linen (19)
LISENTS (0)!
Comments:
Even if the option to make mats like bird fearthers drop in a hig level map is, to say the least, very discussable, most of the mats droping are mats that crafters can use wich is an improvement. Getting distilled water and talis/binds is, obviously, stupid since its a mat you can adquire at the npc shops. Last week i was getting 9th talis, this week 8th, its really unbelievable this mistake still persists. Mats that arent used to craft should be, in my opinion, just removed, thus increasing the chances to get useful ones.
About catalysts and chemicals: numbers and types speak for themselves. 3 types of chems only (2 of them low or pretty low), 2 types of powders (low). In 1 hour and 15 minutes not 1 lisent dropped. Again, i repeat, this test was made in the not hard core gamer point of view. One hour should be enough to get at least 1 lisent drop to motivate players. I wonder if they drop at all in that spot, but im not going to farm a whole day to be sure.
So my conclusions (biased many will say, since it was only 1 hour of farming, but i consider that time and that "sample" enough to add my thoughts about the drop system):
The drop system sucks period! To be fair, there is a slightly improvement but the system has a lot of flaws, specially considering this is a high level map. Not spawning ghosts at this level makes gem farming impossible to high level players wich doesnt help to have a good opinion about this at all. On the other and, the quality of mats are way to low for the level of the map i was fighting in. So, we are somewhat at the same point we were last week (and have been for 2 months): high level players are punished by a drop system nobody asked. The reason behind it? I'll be nice and dont talk about IM in this thread (oops i just did).
And after a long text nobody will read i rest my case. I have played rose for more than 6 years and i really think this system is unfair to people like me who can only play in Orlo unless they use medals of retrieval (or join lower level chars still able to farm ruins). Plus, even if i agree that this kind of game requires long hours of farming to reward a player (i did many all this years) i defend that 1 hour and 2 kings should give a fairly reward to motivate occasionnal gamers and, that way, make them to want to play more, eventually.
Long thread... yea i had nothing better to do.
Happy easter everyone.

#7 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

@SilverBlood, that hurts! :Emo_15: I here, reading and reporting as usual.

As you can see, the Dev Team is trying to make changes and with our help and feedback we'll continue to make strides to improve the drops. Don't give up!

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback in this thread, there is a lot more detailed information this time around and I know the Devs will appreciate it.

#8 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

As you can see, the Dev Team is trying to make changes and with our help and feedback we'll continue to make strides to improve the drops. Don't give up!

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback in this thread, there is a lot more detailed information this time around and I know the Devs will appreciate it.

One word zep,Ruins.that ratio between everything was the perfect balance!

#9 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

One word zep,Ruins.that ratio between everything was the perfect balance!

Was, meaning when? Which version of the Drop System was the perfect balance for the Sikuku Ruins?

#10 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

I take back the kiss my *** part ( for now ). Seeya next thursday...

3 hints:

- Add atleast 1 extra chem/powder/lisent type to the droptable of both Normal and Leader type mobs in Ruins/Orlo.
- Make Lisents actually DROP. At half the droprate of chems for example, that would be perfect.
- Read what LordArthas said about kings and ghosts ( and the rest ofcource, but mainly those 2 points ).

Either that, or get rid of this drop system and revert it back to pre v.328

Edited by SilverBlood, 22 April 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#11 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

I take back the kiss my *** part ( for now ). Seeya next thursday...

3 hints:

- Add atleast 1 extra chem/powder/lisent type to the droptable of both Normal and Leader type mobs in Ruins/Orlo.
- Make Lisents actually DROP. At half the droprate of chems for example, that would be perfect.
- Read what LordArthas said about kings and ghosts ( and the rest ofcource, but mainly those 2 points ).

Either that, or get rid of this drop system and revert it back to pre v.328

I couldnt agree more with those 3 hints, specially the last one: read what i said! Just kidding, but seriously Silver has summaryze the main ideas in 3 topics. More opinions are welcome but i really think those tweaks could make things way better. Adding a last fast note: why dont make ghosts spawn at 220 in Orlo? Easy way to make high levels able to get gems as everyone else, no?
The whole drop system is a big source of dissapointements and concerns at the moment. Please focus on that and only on that. If it takes more than a week so be it. But as we have provided feedback, dont let us in the dark all these days. Rose is bleeding. Can we stop the hemorrhage??

#12 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

Ok Zeppelin, since when are they "trying" to make changes? I've not seen anything different other than a few different useless drops exchanged for other useless drops.(all that seem to be the same drops that drop around Junon). It has been TWO BLOODY MONTHS since 333, the orlo drops are still for the most part broken, nobody lvl 200-220 has any incentive to play as there is nothing really to earn. Two months to fix something as simple as a drop table?

I think the real problem is CAN'T and WON'T seem to be getting mixed up here.

Last question: How exactly do you plan to get the ton of people back that have quit over this?

#13 SlappyTheMac

SlappyTheMac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

Ruins still looks like best spot to farm....and it should be intill atleast 210 because it has to compete with prison....ruins in certain spots you can get like 50 elixer-100 purple powders in a little over an hour...that is with cleric and champ though.

#14 Elements

Elements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

I think the devs got it perfect on the Tera spawn on Orlo..

the problem is NOT the drops as of last patch.. variety is good.. but the type of monsters that need to spawn for lisents etc (captains+) need to spawn more often in other areas (like the tera thingys outside muris.. this is perfect balance.. although you could lower the Boss spawn rate a bit..).

#15 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

With all the Item Mall in game news and problems with the Easter event, this thread had no contibution for a while. I know, most of us (me included) are really tired of giving feedback that isnt getting the proper attention (if it is, it doesnt seem like it).
But i'll bump this thread a bit to see if more people can add some testing notes about the last drop system changes. Lets try a last time guys. At least, nobody will say Rose Players didnt care!

#16 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

Farmed 91 Lisent Hg's, 2 Lisent U's in 5 hours :)

Gates of Muris

#17 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

Gratz.

Not every1 has the time to farm kings for 5 hours straight tho.

Edited by SilverBlood, 23 April 2011 - 02:04 PM.

#18 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

Gratz.

Not every1 has the time to farm kings for 5 hours straight tho.

Weekends would be great to farm :)

#19 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

KerBUMMP

#20 FerRawrRawr

FerRawrRawr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

Orlo needs fixed horribly but recently I've taken advantage of all those medal of retrievals I've collected the past two years.

In about 3 hours I've gotten the following:

15 Low Essence
320 High Ether
146 Elixir
132 Hime
30 Low Enthric
15 Ancient Scarabs
21 White Powder(it's still good)
196 Orange Powder
50 Gold Powder
95 Lisent FE
26 Lisent PB
10 Dirty Runes
10 Dirty Zodiacs
17 Dirty Stones
6 Orihalcon Drills
4 Adamantium Drills
4 Mythril Drills

Since I'm 217 that put me well over the limit to get ghosts to spawn so no gems for me. Kings suck though, that's my second gripe about the update. The fact they drop nothing, more than actual items is a joke. But if you have a low level you can easily farm chem and lisents, sure the lisents may not be the highest quality but it's better than wasting time in Orlo getting pink powder from a Devour Master.

Edited by FerRawrRawr, 27 April 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#21 SlapBack

SlapBack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

fer where the hell you farming at? lol

#22 PinoyXpridE

PinoyXpridE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

guys, any emergency maintenance going on?

#23 FerRawrRawr

FerRawrRawr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

fer where the hell you farming at? lol

Anima and DoD lol. There are SO many spawns in Anima that are good to farm, since they all drop the same powder, chem, and lisent.

#24 SlapBack

SlapBack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

I just vomitted at the fact that you just made that seem to be the best place to farm........even r4 in prison is awful and its like the hardest spot in game lol

#25 PinoyXpridE

PinoyXpridE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

I just vomitted at the fact that you just made that seem to be the best place to farm........even r4 in prison is awful and its like the hardest spot in game lol

slap, emergency maintenance today ?or it was just moved today rather than tomorrow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users